Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Y Gf & Camera Hobby can never mix ?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    no it isn't.. heh heh heh
    i was thinking along the same lines too!

so far, only know of one case on clubsnap...

but personally i feel that a relation can only be built on communication and trust - we'll just mention all the different interests we have altogether after the first two criteria are satisfied...

Thanks for sharing, Michelle. I am not surprise that your friend were nitpicking on his ex-gf. In my eyes, he didn't know what he wanted.

There ain't such thing such as a perfect partner. You guys have to give and take. My gf is supportive on my hobby. I will shoot anytime I want but I will spend one of the day with her in the weekend and cook what she loves to eat. During weekday, I will wait for her to knock off from her work so we can have dinner together. The rest of the time when I am free, I'd be either shooting. If cannot meet on weekends, she will understand as I usually would give her explaination.

Good luck, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    i was thinking along the same lines too!

so far, only know of one case on clubsnap...

but personally i feel that a relation can only be built on communication and trust - we'll just mention all the different interests we have altogether after the first two criteria are satisfied...

I'm sure there's more lah..

it all boils down to communications. Communicate well and you get the best of both worlds

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    I'm sure there's more lah..

it all boils down to communications. Communicate well and you get the best of both worlds
    and for everyone else who doesn't understand... we are not talking about SMS'es...

yes, they do mix. very well in fact.

just ask me and Fred! we have loads of fun while going out to shoot and there's always something new to discover each time!

although there is quite abit of competition between us aka who gets the better picture/composition/opportunity but everything's cool...

Quote Originally Posted by y0ngcheng
    sigh.. ya u guys are lucky. i also dont have a gf.... but if i have... i'll sure psycho her into photography
    Juz get someone whose into photography, then physco her to be you GF lor, wouldn't that be easier?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by s_wrx
    yes, they do mix. very well in fact.

just ask me and Fred! we have loads of fun while going out to shoot and there's always something new to discover each time!

although there is quite abit of competition between us aka who gets the better picture/composition/opportunity but everything's cool...
    which Fred? got a lot of Fred's leh.

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    which Fred? got a lot of Fred's leh.
    the ONLY Fred in the nature photography section..

Quote Originally Posted by patch17
    she bought me my camera bag, a crumpler tallee. it suits my needs just right. surprising thing is that she didn't even ask me what kind of bag i wanted or needed.
    don't you know women have this instinct for bags?

girlfriends and hobbies must match. If they dont, how are you going to live your life?
    Spend quality time, communication and alittle give and take is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    girlfriends and hobbies must match. If they dont, how are you going to live your life?
    Spend quality time, communication and alittle give and take is all you need.
    well said.... when are we going to "abandon" our gfs and go for a shoot huh?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by s_wrx
    the ONLY Fred in the nature photography section..
    Fred as in the Nikon user, right? The RGB logo one? about 28++ year old one?

kenna i mix up with Fred of Fred's Fotoarts, kenna malu... i think i kenna once already

I think I'm more lucky then...my Gf does not know the technical aspect of photography, but is happy snapping away and juz concentrate on composition. We both have a camera bag each when we go to scenic places, and we always fight over the better and more appropriate lenses for the scene....She even prefer my EOS100 than her EOS 66, saying that it fits her hand better as it has a grip extension. Now we have gone into digital, she uses a 5MP compact, I uses a 5MP prosumer cam. When I eventually get a DSLR, I think we'll have fun fighting over it again....

haha...same hobby....wat a catch haha

I would give up photography if I had to choose between my future wife(now GF) and the former. She is too important to me. Yes, she is my life. But she never asked me to make a choice, ever.

But then she's never unreasonable. Never question my hobbies, never stops me from ogling, spending on gears, burning films etc.

A partner who gives you space is very hard to come by nowadays. You'll suffer if she/he controls what you do daily, especially something you are passionate about.

I'd leave someone who tries to control me in 2 minutes.

when do u know if u really love a woman?

when u can give up photography for her...

come to think of it, there may be some good examples from buy/sell sub-forum.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    This is by far one of the most interesting threads I have read on CS. It truly is an eye-opening experience and to know what women actually meant to these guys.
    What, and what do us guys mean to women?

Let me emphasize on this - just because women are pissed with you or not talking to you, doesn't mean they are on PMS. IMO, I feel that is one of the laziest excuse to give than finding out what is really bothering with your partner/spouse.
    You mean those pouting of lips, refusal to talk and when you ask you say nothing, and expect the guys to carry on guessing until you get pissed cause we can't get it right or when we stop asking just because woman say nothing? Hey, we haven't got all day. You want, just tell lah, play mind games? No time man. I'd rather be shooting.

I do not know whether this is applicable to all/most of you but I had girlfriends coming to complain to me about their partner and how much they have been neglecting their feelings. And the worst part is, their partners aren't aware of that fact.
    Like I said, don't expect us guys to know what you are feeling, how would we KNOW?

I agree. Women are very emotional beings compared to men and sometimes in order to attract your attention, they sometimes whine and do all kinds of stuff. But think again to all the males out there - don't you want some attention from you partners as well? The fact is, we all want attention but it's just the way we go about doing it.

And some guys here mentioned that they can never understand women. Well guess what? I can never understand men also. Let me quote you a real life example.
    Actually, we don't, we prefer to be alone and think, rather than whine get attention, then refuse the attention then keep harping on the fact we never pay attention to them and don't understand them. But hey, if we understand them, it'd gonna be so GAY.

I have this male buddy in school whom I'm on rather good terms with. Although he can be a cassanova, he is overall a nice guy but like all of us here on CS, he loves photography very much. He used to tell me that he will go be a monk if there is no more photography in this world.

Anyway, like the starter of this thread, he had a similiar problem with his girlfriend and his shutter hobby. Because of our school committments, I believe he neglected his girlfriend a lot. So I think in a fit of anger, his girlfriend said something like "It's either your camera or me" that kind of thing (really bad move). Although he broke up with his girlfriend, he really became despondent for a few months.

So one day while we were having a cuppa at Starbucks, he complained to me again - about having no girlfriend, and getting someone willing to accept both his hobby and him. And then I don't know what inspired me, I said why not get a girlfriend who is a photographer like you also? And he did. He got another girlfriend who likes photography as much as he does but they didn't last long? My friend initiated the breakup.

And his reason? His new girlfriend is not feminine enough with all those camera bags hanging around her and such. Wah lau, I really feel like slapping him!
    Once again, read my first post on page three.

Deregistered

espn, don't get worked up la.

it is helpful to help a lady share with us her viewpoint. if she didn't share with us her viewpoint, it would be all our loss.

michelle, thanks for the feedback.

i'm getting this PINK bicycle frame, i'm sure it wouldn't make me gay (though i'd rather not comment on the issue myself). similarly, understanding a lady/girl doesn't make us gay.

Last edited by sehsuan; 28th April 2004 at 09:28 PM.

I find female shooters with cameras around necks extremely feminine and sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    I find female shooters with cameras around necks extremely feminine and sexy.
    mmmm...i dont..coz during shooting events when i see as such..i will see her as a competitor ;-)

sehs, this frame for mountain bikes? about how much? also do u have any lobang for affordable bike assembly..TIA =)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast