Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Y Gf & Camera Hobby can never mix ?

It's just taking pictures for crying out loud. Not like you're shooting anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    no it isn't.. heh heh heh
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    no it isn't.. heh heh heh
    You're a lucky guy leh. (and thats not only abt the gift...)

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    true love is when your gf ...

... buys you a nice camera as a surprise gift.

... encourages you to go for bikini model shoots.

... shops while you take photographs.

... thinks you are the best photographer in the world.
    Well said bro. I think most of us here would simply love to have that type of gf/wife, but in the real world.....

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Well said bro. I think most of us here would simply love to have that type of gf/wife, but in the real world.....
    Read my post on page 3 again.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    can say something like "the scenery looks so good. the only thing missing is you". then proceed to pose your gf and snap away.
    Yes and use a really wide angle lens so that it looks to her as if you are including her in the shot but in reality, you ain't.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    Yes and use a really wide angle lens so that it looks to her as if you are including her in the shot but in reality, you ain't.
    Then in the first place might as well don't have a gf?

You'll really need a very WA for this kind of 'cheating' purposes. Something like 12-24 to make it look like you're capturing her in the scenary.

Scenary is scenary mah, how can have people inside?

my wife is my life.

though she has very little or no knowledge about photography, she bought me my camera bag, a crumpler tallee. it suits my needs just right. surprising thing is that she didn't even ask me what kind of bag i wanted or needed.

as much as i love photography, i cannot leave my wife behind. we go on trips together, i bring along my camera, but i keep in mind not to be too obssessed with taking pictures. yes, there are times when there's a scene which catches my eye and i want a picture or two of it, so i explain to her why this scene is worth taking a picture of and she understands. then there are also times when she's interested in something else, and all i can do is watch the beautiful light fade away without taking a snap. but them's the breaks. you win some and you lose some.

we all have our passions that our other half find difficult to understand. communication and thoughtfulness makes things easier for everyone. remember, love is a two way street.

wouldn't life be boring if everyone understood everyone else?
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    I have never seen more childish behaviour from an adult presumably.
    Girls, you can never understand them.

This post is interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Irony...
    1st, they want equal rights.
    But, they keep on degrading themselves to show that they're the weaker sex, expecting that guys will treat them better.

pls me if I'm wrong, else pls support my statement.
    You're quite right. It's the gals' way of getting things they want to their advantage. And they could do it bec. the guys let them get away with it, bec. the guys want to be seen as a "gentleman" (i.e. fulfill their ego needs).

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    What zaren said is possible, if your gf is independent, self-confident - I have met gals like that, and also provided your gf's bf is really the best photographer in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by patch17
    my wife is my life.

though she has very little or no knowledge about photography, she bought me my camera bag, a crumpler tallee. it suits my needs just right. surprising thing is that she didn't even ask me what kind of bag i wanted or needed.

as much as i love photography, i cannot leave my wife behind. we go on trips together, i bring along my camera, but i keep in mind not to be too obssessed with taking pictures. yes, there are times when there's a scene which catches my eye and i want a picture or two of it, so i explain to her why this scene is worth taking a picture of and she understands. then there are also times when she's interested in something else, and all i can do is watch the beautiful light fade away without taking a snap. but them's the breaks. you win some and you lose some.

we all have our passions that our other half find difficult to understand. communication and thoughtfulness makes things easier for everyone. remember, love is a two way street.

U got a very very good Wife !!
    Treasure her !! : )

Where can I find such good gal ?
    Hard to come by these days

A good wife for me, too! Thank God!

my wife is my life.

patch - three thumbs up for you

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    hmm... can also ps her away later......
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by locksley
    U

Where can I find such good gal ?
    Hard to come by these days
    why not look for her in clubsnap? then both of you will start off with a shared passion for photography!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

GF already cannot mix.... try mixing photography with WIFE, lagi worst

Especially when you want to convert part of your house in a darkroom

my wife is my life.

Very well said!

Cheers,
    -Michelle-

Quote Originally Posted by canturn
    GF already cannot mix.... try mixing photography with WIFE, lagi worst

Especially when you want to convert part of your house in a darkroom

hahah... not forgetting your living room or dining area into a studio space as well

This is by far one of the most interesting threads I have read on CS. It truly is an eye-opening experience and to know what women actually meant to these guys.

Let me emphasize on this - just because women are pissed with you or not talking to you, doesn't mean they are on PMS. IMO, I feel that is one of the laziest excuse to give than finding out what is really bothering with your partner/spouse.

I do not know whether this is applicable to all/most of you but I had girlfriends coming to complain to me about their partner and how much they have been neglecting their feelings. And the worst part is, their partners aren't aware of that fact.

I agree. Women are very emotional beings compared to men and sometimes in order to attract your attention, they sometimes whine and do all kinds of stuff. But think again to all the males out there - don't you want some attention from you partners as well? The fact is, we all want attention but it's just the way we go about doing it.

And some guys here mentioned that they can never understand women. Well guess what? I can never understand men also. Let me quote you a real life example.

I have this male buddy in school whom I'm on rather good terms with. Although he can be a cassanova, he is overall a nice guy but like all of us here on CS, he loves photography very much. He used to tell me that he will go be a monk if there is no more photography in this world.

Anyway, like the starter of this thread, he had a similiar problem with his girlfriend and his shutter hobby. Because of our school committments, I believe he neglected his girlfriend a lot. So I think in a fit of anger, his girlfriend said something like "It's either your camera or me" that kind of thing (really bad move). Although he broke up with his girlfriend, he really became despondent for a few months.

So one day while we were having a cuppa at Starbucks, he complained to me again - about having no girlfriend, and getting someone willing to accept both his hobby and him. And then I don't know what inspired me, I said why not get a girlfriend who is a photographer like you also? And he did. He got another girlfriend who likes photography as much as he does but they didn't last long? My friend initiated the breakup.

And his reason? His new girlfriend is not feminine enough with all those camera bags hanging around her and such. Wah lau, I really feel like slapping him!

Cheers,
    -Michelle-
    Last edited by mich_2103; 28th April 2004 at 01:34 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast