Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Y Gf & Camera Hobby can never mix ?

Deregistered

My email signature reads:

"Women are nothing but trouble,
    And men are nothing but trouble-seekers.
    "

How true... ditch her and go holiday, you can stay as long there with twice the money you are going to spend on her!!!

No nagging, total freedom and best of all don't have to waste time to coax her and watch her use 1 hour to decide which keychain to buy and carry all the stuffs for her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    NOT a good idea, AJ. They will then argue about Nikon vs Canon

then the future father-in-law will say: “Aiyah, if you dun use a Leica you are not a photographer lor.”
    wad! later same brand den fight over lens... who gets to use wad.. adn teh whole wads urs is mine and wads mine is mine...

well i know a minolta-nikon couple. they seem okay. hahaha...eh wait now its KONICA-minolta-Nikon. oops one more name.

most i know are canon-canon. i think they rather have an L than have kids. =)

well go holiday bring P&S lor.. still can take well composed shots wad. =)

and to think of it... if she uses clubsnap too.... haha... cannot post threads like this liao lo.... hahaha...
    Last edited by moos blues; 27th April 2004 at 10:20 PM.

Lastime my GF also dun like to compare her with my camera... coz when talking about camera, I remember my ex-GF in my photography group member..
    Now, she win liao coz i'm her husband lor..

maybe I say maybe you've been neglecting her & now this is a culmination of frustration on her part?

Quote Originally Posted by espn

"

How true... ditch her and go holiday, you can stay as long there with twice the money you are going to spend on her!!!

No nagging, total freedom and best of all don't have to waste time to coax her and watch her use 1 hour to decide which keychain to buy and carry all the stuffs for her!!!

Correction:

And men are nothing but photo-seekers.
    "

So you want him to be a happy and lonely photography-obsessed and camera-hugging amateurs/bachelors like us?

Nikon and Canon would have to invent cameras that talk, smile and warm to the touch?
    Last edited by Sion; 27th April 2004 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by y0ngcheng
    sigh.. ya u guys are lucky. i also dont have a gf.... but if i have... i'll sure psycho her into photography
    Yong Cheng,

Welcome to the lonely man groups. Let's cry together.

ditch the bitch.

my wife hated the way I ogle at cameras from the window of a shop, or fondle them over the counter of a shop. She thought that I was nuts.

I bought a tripod and a camera with a super sharp lens, we went for a holiday, and took some photos of us together. She saw the results of the camera (not my skill), and fell in love with it. Now she forbids me to sell it, and insists that I bring it along during our holidays.

Well... just like to say a few words here.. I personally been through this before.

At first.. i would cook up all sorts of excuses to go shooting w/o my gal (are u doing that?) then again.. when she found that out.. she naturally was angry with me(this might lead her to dislike a camera being ard me) Well, I come to realise that sometimes, u just have to introduce ur hobby to ur gf and vice versa..having a partner requires a certain level of committment like wat sniperD has describe...this sat is ur day, next would be her day.. u just have to find a balance..

well, some guys might rather go shooting then shopping.. dun treat going out with ur gf as something boring.. it can open a new level of perspective as u walk down orchard rd with her.. something that u failed to notice when u were walking down the same stretch while holding a camera.

well...a hobby will always remain as a hobby.. relationships are just like taking a good pic... to take one, the amt of time and effort put in makes a difference...~

Quote Originally Posted by espn

"

Hi ESPN,

All thanks to your quote. I just sms it to some of my lady friends and now got multiply attacks from them

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    So you want him to be a happy and lonely photography-obsessed and camera-hugging amateurs/bachelors like us?
    Well he is happy isn't he? ain't all that matters is that? Imagine that $5K you are going to spend on her diamond ring, you can get a new DSLR or a new lens with the $, you get to bring it around and nobody complains. They don't throw tempers nor talk back nor require you to sayang them etc etc.

true love is when your gf ...

... buys you a nice camera as a surprise gift.

... encourages you to go for bikini model shoots.

... shops while you take photographs.

... thinks you are the best photographer in the world.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by chrisleng
    Hi ESPN,

All thanks to your quote. I just sms it to some of my lady friends and now got multiply attacks from them

why am i not surprised that you dont have a gf?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

er..............
    the first one a bit hard

Quote Originally Posted by arikevin
    er..............
    the first one a bit hard
    no it isn't.. heh heh heh

Simple lar. Just get a simple P&S (together with your gf) for your travels.
    The reason I ended up with a Ixus is becoz my gf chose it.
    Then she got nothing to complain when I shoot all day.

Hmm bikini model shoots of her or other gals???

It will be blissful if you have no limitations for the models.

Said before, I say again: I hope you plan to marry your girlfriend sometime in the future, and if that's the case, it'll be sad to have to choose between photography and woman. Better if she understand your hobby and passion in it. The wife must be supportive of the husband and vice versa (maybe you can show interest in her love for handbags?!).

Note: I husband of one and father of two. My wife enjoys the photos and videos I take, but does say that I spend too much time on Clubsnap and DPReview.

I would REALLY like the first one....
    think you should put a pre-requisite: Get a RICH GF...

2nd one... no prob... See no touch wha...

3rd one... no prob... my gf like to shop alone hehehe

4th one... bit hard... cos everyone knows I'm new in tis

Quote Originally Posted by ralphii82sg
    Well... just like to say a few words here.. I personally been through this before.

At first.. i would cook up all sorts of excuses to go shooting w/o my gal (are u doing that?) then again.. when she found that out.. she naturally was angry with me(this might lead her to dislike a camera being ard me) Well, I come to realise that sometimes, u just have to introduce ur hobby to ur gf and vice versa..having a partner requires a certain level of committment like wat sniperD has describe...this sat is ur day, next would be her day.. u just have to find a balance..

well, some guys might rather go shooting then shopping.. dun treat going out with ur gf as something boring.. it can open a new level of perspective as u walk down orchard rd with her.. something that u failed to notice when u were walking down the same stretch while holding a camera.

well...a hobby will always remain as a hobby.. relationships are just like taking a good pic... to take one, the amt of time and effort put in makes a difference...~
    hmm...don't really understand why do you need to cook up excuses?? I think most important thing is to be forthcoming about your hobby (yes...go confess now about all the bikini shoots , your secret lens purchases, etc ). There's nothing to hide what, eventhough I'm quite sure she thinks I nuts to spent so much on 3 metal legs (aka tripod) or on a few pieces of glass and polycarbonate (aka lenses).

ps Quick tip: take a few nice pictures of her...blow up big big, frame it nicely, and give it to her as a present or hang it prominently in your room so she can see it when she visits.

Quote Originally Posted by locksley
    Super Sian

Alway got into arguments with my gf when talk about my camera.

Planning to go Port Dickson with her this July.

When I said tat I'm going to bring camera along, her face turned Black !!

She said I alway treat the camera better than Her !!
    And said she dun care how good pic can the camera / I produce.
    Just dun wan to see the camera with me !!

My GOd !!
    What Logic is this !!

Initially, I was planning to go Port Dickson alone to take pics and relax.
    Then she wan to come along.

Now SAID CANNOT BRING CAMERA @!!

Sigh, Gals

Can never noe what they wan ?
    I have never seen more childish behaviour from an adult presumably.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast