Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Y Gf & Camera Hobby can never mix ?

gf only already like that.
    How about in future when she become your wife?
    How about that lah, you told her you will sell away your camera after she sell her hello kitty and jewellery.

Default think it this way

though you might think that your GF is unreasonable....put this in the same shoes

if she loves kniting everytime when she is with you she is doing knitting....what will you feel....

anyway, sometimes you have to give and take....we cant have both worlds most of the time.....either this or that....i am in the same boat as you

just becos she doesnt like to go pub, you cannot go too!!!!!....

Gf and photography DO mix.. depends on how you put a balance to it.

I never forsake any of the 2, even on holidays. As much as I'm engrossed in taking photos during trips, even changing the travel itinerary to suit my photographic needs, I made it a point to explain to her patiently and if need be, give up the idea of taking that location for her sake... it's a matter of give and take I guess.

It's okie, once she realised that you are making sacrifices for you, she will too, make sacrifices for me.

Take for example, I went off to Taiwan with my gf last year and one of my planned trip was to go to Yang Ming Shan but then she's not agreeable as she would want to go shopping around Cityhall area... and I'm not comfortable with the idea of letting her go alone.... so, I gave up Yang Ming Shan and went along with her to Cityhall. Of coz I was quite sullen about it but then again, no point getting into an arguement esp when you are on a trip to relax. This time round, in Bali, I got to shoot to my heart's content so there you go

Soetimes it pays to pacify your gf a llittle so for this trip, just spend quality time with her and then she will realise that for her sake, you are giving up something that's dear to you... see what will happen. Just dun grumble in front of her when you see a breath-taking scenary

Quote Originally Posted by locksley
    Sigh

Y gals alway wan to be a princess ??
    you mean she isn't worth being treated as one?

Sigh
    Y gals alway wan to be a princess ??

Irony...
    1st, they want equal rights.
    But, they keep on degrading themselves to show that they're the weaker sex, expecting that guys will treat them better.

pls me if I'm wrong, else pls support my statement.

on a more serious note, you better work out how you are going to handle this before you even think of marriage. ask yourself if you are willing to give in to her for the rest of your life, compromise, or have your way no matter what. will you be a master, slave or equal partner? best to sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk now. what you have now is only a small issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    Just dun grumble in front of her when you see a breath-taking scenary
    can say something like "the scenery looks so good. the only thing missing is you". then proceed to pose your gf and snap away.

Tell her that you would be taking photos to capture moments with her so that you can use them in the slideshow for your wedding

Haha for my case, my camera is my girlfriend
    i'll always carry my camera around with me wherever i go, if not i'll feel a little uneasy without it... Haha.

Super Sian

Alway got into arguments with my gf when talk about my camera.

Planning to go Port Dickson with her this July.

When I said tat I'm going to bring camera along, her face turned Black !!

She said I alway treat the camera better than Her !!
    And said she dun care how good pic can the camera / I produce.
    Just dun wan to see the camera with me !!

My GOd !!
    What Logic is this !!

Initially, I was planning to go Port Dickson alone to take pics and relax.
    Then she wan to come along.

Now SAID CANNOT BRING CAMERA @!!

Sigh, Gals

Can never noe what they wan ?
    Marry the camera and dedicate your life to photography.

When you're a rich and famous photographer, you can pick and choose any gorgeous model to be your gf.

I think it's too late already as he said he originally planned to go alone to relax & do a bit of photography but gf found out & insisted on going along. Best thing he can do now is try & salvage the situation. Either got to give in to her or try to compromise. Give & take is the mainstay of most relationships (now don't nobody go & say 'You give & she take' or vice versa! ) And remember, there are certain things you can't do with your, er, camera
    Last edited by cyrilng; 27th April 2004 at 08:02 PM.

haiyo...the classic problem again

dismissign the possibility of PMS...this kind of thing..need time to work it out one

Quote Originally Posted by thegroon
    mix her into camera hobby

buy her a digital camera, not those simple point and shoot ones, but those like S5000, 602z cameras, might as well get her most accessories and bring her along and make it like a photographic trip

u might be surprised, she just might get hooked onto it.....
    if u see something, ask her to look from ur angle and ask her to take it... and both of u compare ur photos.....

who knows, it might be a worthwhile "investment",.... and next time, she'll prob be the one talking abt cameras and when would the next photographic trip be
    I tried this actually. I bot me gf digital cam to shoot and she likes it. But when I bot dslr to fulfill my middle term dream, she start to make noise why I keep talking about camera.

Even ask me to sleep with me camera.

Maybe must get her dslr too... $$$

On a serious note, you still need to balance both, but don;t ask me how. I am still trying.

Hi all you lucky guys don't complaint,

I don't even have a girl friend. Life is so bore for me

balance balance....but i tink not bringing slr is TOO MUCH LOR>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Haha for my case, my camera is my girlfriend
    i'll always carry my camera around with me wherever i go, if not i'll feel a little uneasy without it... Haha.
    yah, be like Wai. his cam is his gf, his rifle is his wife

Quote Originally Posted by chrisleng

sigh.. ya u guys are lucky. i also dont have a gf.... but if i have... i'll sure psycho her into photography
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

why not take a little break from your 300d dslr? bring a small point and shoot (or even disposable cam) that is non-threatening to your gf. who knows? using simple equipment might result in fresh perspectives and better pics!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by chrisleng

well perhaps you can join more CS outing, I heard there were lots of opportunities… and the best part is your potential gf will not object to your hobby! you can also avoid Nikon vs Canon by judiciously observing and selecting your "target"

hmm.. as others said, its a bit of give and take. My girlfriend is quite supportive so far, and she's always my main model when we go for trips together However when I want to go somewhere with purely photographic motives (ie I would be carry slide film, not print), then I won't ask her along, as I won't want her to be bored while I spent half an hour nailing down a composition...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast