Thread: SAFRAPC Studio Portraiture Course (Starting soon!!!!)

Default SAFRAPC Studio Portraiture Course (Starting soon!!!!)

Anybody interested to sign up for their Studio Portraiture Course?

1) It costs $157.50(SAFRAPC member), $176.40(SPANS,CDANS or SAFRA member), or $189.00(GUEST)
    2) Starts this thursday 29/04/2004 8pm for 8 weeks(every thurs) at SAFRA Bukit Merah

I am NOT RELATED to SAFRA PC btw.. i just signed up but they can't start this thursday cuz of shortage of participants. They need 2 more participants to start the course, and they can accomodate 6 more participants.

Anybody interested, do sign up soon. don't contact me, contact them...

Contact person : Ms Adeline Wee - 6377 3681
    SAFRAPC

Wondering who is teaching the course?
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

From what i heard, the instructor is christopher wong (the guy with the brown frame specs working at CP).From what i heard, he's very knowledgable and not only will he go through studio photography techniques, but a lot of lighting setups throughout the 8 lessons (more than 10 setups?) Don't quote me though... this is wat i heard call them up for more info or ask ard from the former participants of the course...

hmmm...love to go...but abit stretchy....

Quote Originally Posted by rusty
    From what i heard, the instructor is christopher wong (the guy with the brown frame specs working at CP).From what i heard, he's very knowledgable and not only will he go through studio photography techniques, but a lot of lighting setups throughout the 8 lessons (more than 10 setups?) Don't quote me though... this is wat i heard call them up for more info or ask ard from the former participants of the course...
    1st 2 lesson will be theory...

after 8th lesson, can ask him to extend 2 more. he will help... go for it before u have to wait for 3 months later for next course....

Hey....

Just wanna tell you my experience...gone through the course and love it very much. Chris is a very nice person who are willing to impact a lot of lighting setup through his lesssons....

His teaching is slightly different from the rest of the club. He teaches you to use manual focusing in the course which produces damn sharp images...hahaha..try the course to know...

Quote Originally Posted by rusty
    Anybody interested to sign up for their Studio Portraiture Course?

1) It costs $157.50(SAFRAPC member), $176.40(SPANS,CDANS or SAFRA member), or $189.00(GUEST)
    2) Starts this thursday 29/04/2004 8pm for 8 weeks(every thurs) at SAFRA Bukit Merah

I am NOT RELATED to SAFRA PC btw.. i just signed up but they can't start this thursday cuz of shortage of participants. They need 2 more participants to start the course, and they can accomodate 6 more participants.

Anybody interested, do sign up soon. don't contact me, contact them...

Contact person : Ms Adeline Wee - 6377 3681
    SAFRAPC
    Uppz!
    They just need 2 more persons to start the course. For the skills you will be learning, it's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia
    Hey....

His teaching is slightly different from the rest of the club. He teaches you to use manual focusing in the course which produces damn sharp images...hahaha..try the course to know...
    so now the eyeballs of yr subjects are razor sharp? hahaa..
    yes..been thru this course too. Learnt a lot from the instructor and fellow classmates and have a lot of fun during the 6 practical lessons.

Blog Entries

the course is starting this evening so those who are keen do sign up.

This is an essential foundation course that firms the basics...

Chris is very experienced. This is one of the best value for money photography course in town. I was fortunate to have learnt from him.

And the manual focusing is nothing to scoff at... these days I don trust AF anymore... probably a reason why I didnt get the Contax G2

Just completed the course too and I've really learnt a great deal from all the sessions with Chris. The emphasis here is more on the different light setups, techniques and composition. Studio portraiture is not just about shooting flesh.

Go with a keen learning attitude. You'll be surprised how minute little details can affect your final output.

Good luck to the upcoming batch of student. It was an enjoyable time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CaeSiuM
    Just completed the course too and I've really learnt a great deal from all the sessions with Chris. The emphasis here is more on the different light setups, techniques and composition. Studio portraiture is not just about shooting flesh.

Go with a keen learning attitude. You'll be surprised how minute little details can affect your final output.

Good luck to the upcoming batch of student. It was an enjoyable time for me.
    Upzz!
    Just one more person needed to start the course tonite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    Upzz!
    Just one more person needed to start the course tonite!
    Yup.. Adeline just called me.... 1 more to start today..! If it starts today... then we're gonna hv a theory session...

For more info call her...

Adeline: 63373682
    SAFRA