17th May 2002, 12:34 PM
What's a time-based charger?
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to digital photography, so gt somethings I dun noe.
I juz bought the Sony 1hr quick charger. If I'm not wrong, it's a time-based charger rite?
It states that it will charge 2x 1700mah batt at 80% in 1 hr.
Does it mean that if I put in 2x 1850mah batt, it will charge less than 80% in 1hr??
In that case, isnt it better to charger juz 1600man batt?
Also, does it matter if I
1. Charge different brands of batt together (same capacity)?
2. Charge batt with different capacity together?
17th May 2002, 12:58 PM
17th May 2002, 01:48 PM
1. Not so good, coz it won't last very long. It's like using a half-used battery.
Originally posted by luisg
for your q no 1, i think its ok to charge diff brand(same cap).
for other q, i would also like to know in addition(sorry to use your thread)
1. Is it ok to use the battery when it is only charged for about 50%?
2. Is it ok to charge the battery if only used about half charge of it?
2. Not recommended. Though the battery manufacturers claim otherwise, charging the batteries before they are drained completely gives the "memory effect". Won't last very long per charge over time.
18th May 2002, 02:08 PM
where do u buy the sony battery charger ?
how much ?