Thread: Japan Free and Easy

Default Japan Free and Easy

Hi, going there for 2 weeks. Cities I plan to visit includes, Tokyo, Hokkaido, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe

Can any expert pls highlight where are the MUST GO places in each city? Looking at the website, every place looks beautiful so I am really confuse. I am also open to advices to visit cities nearby that I have not listed, so pls recommend me.

Tips of how I can cover these cities are also appreciated.
    Thanks all

Default Re: Japan Free and Easy

Quote Originally Posted by EstherQX View Post
    Hi, going there for 2 weeks. Cities I plan to visit includes, Tokyo, Hokkaido, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe

Can any expert pls highlight where are the MUST GO places in each city? Looking at the website, every place looks beautiful so I am really confuse. I am also open to advices to visit cities nearby that I have not listed, so pls recommend me.

Tips of how I can cover these cities are also appreciated.
    Thanks all
    2 weeks for these places is not enough imho
    for me, 2 weeks i would plan Osaka, kyoto and kobe and maybe nara.
    or plan 2 Hokkaido, tokyo and hakone or mt fuji
    D3s, N24-70, N70-200 VR2, 85 1.4G, SB700, SB910

2 weeks enough to cover Tokyo and down south to Hiroshima
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

me and my wife went for abt 2 weeks also, Free and Easy. I do agree if u include Hokkaido, it might be too rush.

We covered Tokyo(about 3 nights), Hakone(1 nights, near Tokyo), Lake Kawakuchiko(1 night), Osaka(2 nights), Mount Koya (1 night) Kyoto (4 nights). fight and everything add up to abt 2 weeks.

For us, shopping not so impt therefore we did not spend alot of time in Tokyo but went for more sight seeing.

Check out http://japan-guide.com/ for lots of info (u might already been to this site already)

If you like to spend time in Hokkaido, u might like to check out this facebook group, http://www.facebook.com/hokkaidotravel?ref=ts

You can also check out some of the selected photos i posted on flickr from my trip:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/aiksing...7623976315003/

Have a great trip!
    Last edited by heroneo99; 30th June 2010 at 02:02 PM.

You definitely need to get the JR Rail Pass which enable unlimited travel on all JR Railway network. It's a must, considering a return ticket on the Shinkansen to Hokkaido is already more than $300. Don't forget all the getting around. If I remember correctly, the pass is about $700 for a 2 week pass.

Personally, I would give Kobe a miss which IMO is similar to Tokyo besides you only have 2 week. In addition to the city you have listed, I would recommend going to Nara.

Here's how I spent my 2 week in Japan. 6 days of Hokkaido, 3 day of Tokyo, 1 day each in Hiroshima, Kyoto (or Nara) and Osaka. Do take note of the time needed to travel.

thanks all for the recommendations....i will be getting the unlimited JR pass..=)

An alternative despite the highly recommended JR Pass is the Seishun 18 Kippu which is only available during their holidays.

Spring March 1 to April 10
    Summer July 20 to September 10
    Winter December 10 to January 20

Though you can't take Shinkansen, you can use local and rapid train throughout 5 separate days. That means if you travel less than 5 times/days during your 2 weeks stay, you might consider this. It costs you 11,500 Yen which is less than SGD200.

For more information about the pass: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2362.html
    思斌的部落格 - szeping.com
    Wedding/Event Photography - 10eyesGallery.com