Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which streets you usually shoot?

Default Re: Which streets you usually shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    this is cool!
    But do be a bit street smart when shooting there, not every place is photography friendly and the rights of shooting in public area don't works in every Lorong.....

I had been working there on and off for some infrastructure project for the past one decade.....that make me feel very comfortable walking in that area.
    Last edited by Leong23; 1st July 2010 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post
    i'm ok with lesser ppls coz i am shy! ...
    oh but i will not know what to shoot leh ... (newbie here)
    must have a motive of the day ... else i worried i end up shopping hah

Ok with Haji .....

i never never been there before just know its a nice place (i think)
    very tired now cant think further liao ..

Let's go take photo bah ...
    follow up by PM bah....
    I know where that is. Haha. Used to be a regular at Cafe Le Caire along Arab St/Haji Lane.

Its a nice place to shoot in the daytime. But I think what's interesting is also when the cafe owners start to open up their outdoor dining/chilling areas for customers when nearing dusk. That transition... if captured properly, should be quite a nice concept.

No, I havent figured out how to do the concept myself.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

JB is dangerous... i been there once... dun like the feeling being watched.
    we must go in one gang... and bring our big heavy tripod.. monopod.. and spray ...

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Generally most ppls will go to following places for street

Chinatown
    Little India
    Orchard Road
    Haji Lane
    Geylang
    Bugis

solid lah brother!! beri good

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    I know where that is. Haha. Used to be a regular at Cafe Le Caire along Arab St/Haji Lane.

Its a nice place to shoot in the daytime. But I think what's interesting is also when the cafe owners start to open up their outdoor dining/chilling areas for customers when nearing dusk. That transition... if captured properly, should be quite a nice concept.

No, I havent figured out how to do the concept myself.
    err use 1/4.25 sec shutter speed? must be 1/4.25 leh... 1/4 cannot u know

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    we must go in one gang... and bring our big heavy tripod.. monopod.. and spray ...
    Frankly speaking, JB streets got lots of potenial and even many Malaysian don't really want to venture.....

It is not about the size of the group or the tripod.....is whether the group able to handle confrontation, cannot see blood and all legs soft......

Do watch each other back and don't walk too close to the edge of the road.....the snatch theft come fast and furious from behind.
    Last edited by Leong23; 1st July 2010 at 07:08 AM.

solid lah brother!! beri good
    Thanks.

Frankly speaking, JB streets got lots of potenial and even many Malaysian don't really want to venture.....

It is not able the size of the group or the tripod.....is whether the group able to handle confrontation, cannot see blood and all legs soft......

Do watch each other back and don't walk too close to the edge of the road.....the snatch theft come fast and furious from behind.
    wa that bad ? u make me worried.. i did constantly thought of going there... should we organise one such outing one of these days?

... should we organise one such outing one of these days?
    Thought you never ask!

It is not able the size of the group or the tripod.....is whether the group able to handle confrontation, cannot see blood and all legs soft......

Agreed, don't take too much own sweet time - look around for lurking possibility of troubles.

I only got Baygon!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Another place to consider maybe East Malaysia - Airasia travels direct there now (ticket prices sometimes like coach ride to KL). I'm familiar with Kuching and Sibu (this town a bit more troublesome with transit flight). Very accessible - talk about THOUSANDS of possibilities PLUS mountains and forests for nature lovers!

Besides me, one of the Clubsnappers ("Rain..something") knows these two places well.

Kuching is a lot cleaner - old streets (PLENTY), riverside dwellers, mountains, huge old markets of interesting fruits, mountains have waterfalls (some quite remote). And access to the stinky-"rotting-flesh" humongous flower - Rafflesia (need to travel and trek of course - taxi drivers will know where and when)

Sibu, old streets, old streets and more old streets (some with messy arrangements that haven't changed since the 60-70s!- great opportunities!) interesting padi fields, fruit stalls along the roads, streets and old markets.... (all within walking distances)

If I have time, I'll try to load up some crappy PnS images taken about 2 years back... or you can do a image search on google.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 1st July 2010 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Another place to consider maybe East Malaysia - Airasia travels direct there now (ticket prices sometimes like coach ride to KL). I'm familiar with Kuching and Sibu (this town a bit more troublesome with transit flight). Very accessible - talk about THOUSANDS of possibilities PLUS mountains and forests for nature lovers!

Besides me, one of the Clubsnappers ("Rain..something") knows these two places well.

Kuching is a lot cleaner - old streets (PLENTY), riverside dwellers, mountains, huge old markets of interesting fruits, mountains have waterfalls (some quite remote). And access to the stinky-"rotting-flesh" humongous flower - Rafflesia (need to travel and trek of course - taxi drivers will know where and when)

Sibu, old streets, old streets and more old streets (some with messy arrangements that haven't changed since the 60-70s!- great opportunities!) interesting padi fields, fruit stalls along the roads, streets and old markets.... (all within walking distances)

If I have time, I'll try to load up some crappy PnS images taken about 2 years back... or you can do a image search on google.

count me in if going Kuching.

I went to Kota Kinabalu in May for my Mt Kinabalu climb... as i was there for only 5 days i haven got time to explore... may it looks potential too!

count me in if going Kuching.

I went to Kota Kinabalu in May for my Mt Kinabalu climb... as i was there for only 5 days i haven got time to explore... may it looks potential too!
    On-nah!

KK has great potential as well I'm sure but I'm not familiar with the current settings, the last time I was there is 30 years ago!

Sees like Geylang is a hot topic. I must say the place is interesting for photo shoot. Funny thing is that most think of "chicken" when mentioned Geylang. There are many things to shoot, leave those "chicken" alone. IMO, if you don't bother them, they wouldn't bother you.

If insist to shoot "chicken", then do like what the natural lover do. Use a tele lens like 600mm to shoot. That way, if they wanna wack you, you have a huge headstart to run. If you wanna play safe, throw in a 2x teleconverter.
    I have expensive camera and big lenses but don't know how to use..... Sound familar???

I think street is everywhere, it could even be in your estate.

Problem would be that we are too used to the sights & sounds that it is difficult to pick up compositions.

Sometimes I myself could walk around for hours & not shoot anything at all, prob less than 10 shots on a roll of film, or somedays I could be finishing an entire roll of film in a day.

Well, street is quite a nice genre really, scenes change every 5 mins or less & there is always something new even though you have been to, e.g. Chinatown for the 10th time.

Orchard Road

Pulau Ubin also boleh

Underpass at Fullerton

Usual Chinatown

Maxwell
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 1st July 2010 at 11:45 AM.

wa that bad ? u make me worried.. i did constantly thought of going there... should we organise one such outing one of these days?
    Me also think so. I would not bring out my DSLR (and prob not even compact), in KL and JB. In Penang, I was happily carrying DSLR everywhere. The more rural the area, the less crime actually... that's why places like Bintan, feel very safe.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Hmmm...go shooting at Geylang.... Some how that statement just sounds too fishy...
    Depends on which "gear" you use..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123