Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: monitor - Dell 2311

  1. #1

    Default monitor - Dell 2311

    hi

    it seems that i really need a better monitor to do PP... I don't seems to get SIMILAR tone and colors when i view my pic using different PCs... so it is pointless doing all these long hours of PP...



    what do u guys think of Dell 2311?

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    hi

    it seems that i really need a better monitor to do PP... I don't seems to get SIMILAR tone and colors when i view my pic using different PCs... so it is pointless doing all these long hours of PP...



    what do u guys think of Dell 2311?
    this is the best bang for bucks ips panel in the market.
    at $299 it is a bargain hard to resist!

  3. #3

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by sukhoi37 View Post
    this is the best bang for bucks ips panel in the market.
    at $299 it is a bargain hard to resist!
    what r u using?

    btw, i have just added u in flickr, i like your pics...

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    what r u using?

    btw, i have just added u in flickr, i like your pics...
    i'm using the same model.
    thanks

  5. #5

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    regarding a good monitor for PP jobs and accurate screen proofings, you might want to consider the "traditional" CRT monitors.

    You'll get WYSIWYG results, from screen to prints output ( after careful tweaks and simple calibrations ).

    Been using one since 2004 and still going strong ...

    Nick

  6. #6
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by sukhoi37 View Post
    this is the best bang for bucks ips panel in the market.
    at $299 it is a bargain hard to resist!
    I checked and Dell is selling 2211 for $299. There's no offer for 2311 leh.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  7. #7

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
    regarding a good monitor for PP jobs and accurate screen proofings, you might want to consider the "traditional" CRT monitors.

    You'll get WYSIWYG results, from screen to prints output ( after careful tweaks and simple calibrations ).

    Been using one since 2004 and still going strong ...

    Nick


    hi

    tks for replying..

    i have one old one, it is just a normal HP crt monitor ... do u mean any crt monitor is not bad for PP?

    not sure if there are still crt around... think they are no longer in production..

  8. #8

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    what r u using?

    btw, i have just added u in flickr, i like your pics...

    yah your nice color... your using Dell 2311?

  9. #9

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    hi

    tks for replying..

    i have one old one, it is just a normal HP crt monitor ... do u mean any crt monitor is not bad for PP?

    not sure if there are still crt around... think they are no longer in production..

    I have not tried a HP monitor ... However, Sony, NEC and ViewSonic CRT Monitors are very good for the PP jobs ... in fact they were the defacto standard used by the Imaging Industry ... You might wanna consider Samsung, as these are being used by my commercial printers, for RGB outputs.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    I checked and Dell is selling 2211 for $299. There's no offer for 2311 leh.
    I just checked, there is no price for this model only got 'call dell'.
    i think it's temporary out of stock due to overwhelming response.
    it still worth it even without promo at $329.
    where on earth can you find a 23" ips panel this cheap in the market?

  11. #11

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by sukhoi37 View Post
    I just checked, there is no price for this model only got 'call dell'.
    i think it's temporary out of stock due to overwhelming response.
    it still worth it even without promo at $329.
    where on earth can you find a 23" ips panel this cheap in the market?
    If I am not wrong, U2311H is temporary out of stock, the green custom/buy button had been replaced by Call instead.

    U2311H has one of the best out-of-the-box color accuracy, even better than the claimed "factory calibrated" U2410. This is a great plus for ordinary user cause most do not own a hardware monitor calibrator. below are 2 professional reviews:

    U2311H review by TFT Central

    Colour accuracy Default - Out of the box, the U2311H offers the most accurate colours with dE average of 2.4, closely followed by the ZR24W at 2.5. the U2410 is a distance behind with 6.7dE.

    *
    If DeltaE >3, the color displayed is significantly different from the theoretical one, meaning that the difference will be perceptible to the viewer.
    *
    If DeltaE <2, LaCie considers the calibration a success; there remains a slight difference, but it is barely undetectable.
    *
    If DeltaE < 1, the color fidelity is excellent.
    U2311H review by FlatpanelsHD

    The default mode is very impressive and the best so far from Dell. This is quite extraordinary from a “cheap” monitor. Gamma is very close to our target of 2.2 and only varies from 2.19 to 2.27. This means that most colors are accurate and also that picture is neither too dark nor too bright.

    .................................................. .................................................. ................
    Color deviations are not huge except for the blue color. Most other colors are within the 3-4 delta-interval which is quite good for a default color mode and very impressive for a monitor in this price range.

    Dell U2311H has no sRGB mode but the Standard mode is pretty much satisfying as a sRGB mode.
    result from my U2311H:

    Factory default with Standard color mode, only brightness is tune down to 12


    Standard color mode calibrated by basICColor to D65


    Custom color mode calibrated by basICColor to D65


    As you can see, U2311H achieved 0.11 cd/m2 in factory default mode with only brightness tune down to 12. for comparison, the best U2410 can do is 0.20 cd/m2 and that's at 0 brightness. not to mention the green color tint and the pink issue on white and light gray background. my U2311H is completely free of these problems.
    Last edited by kurtlim; 29th June 2010 at 09:37 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by gelosbox View Post
    yah your nice color... your using Dell 2311?
    er.. r u refering to the pics of Enchanted?

    i am considering 2311... i am still using a samsung laptop now...

  13. #13

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    found this bad comment on 2311



    Title: Disappointment Date: June 3, 2010
    Product Uses: Gaming, multimedia

    ReviewPros
    Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Display
    Contrast n Brightness is amazing and easy to calibrate.
    The stand being able to shift height, swivel and rotate.
    Port options are real handy.

    Cons
    Despite being an IPS panel, screen has a gradient. Doesn't comes with pre loaded calibration like its 24inch Ultrasharp.
    There is a gradient of cool(left) to warm(right) from left to right. Its obvious when you select 50% gray as display picture. Despite calling up Dell after 1 day of usage they offer to change a brand new set on the following day, result is the same. Gradient remain there. Basically can't be use it to work on photoshop as the left and right side of the screen display 2 tone of color temperature.

    Review
    Great price for a gaming/multimedia monitor.
    23inch model is a disappointment in the Ultrasharp series for the color Quality due to the gradient. Not a monitor for working with professional color correction.
    18 of 20 people found this review helpful.



    http://www1.ap.dell.com/sg/en/busine...=bsd&cs=sgbsd1
    Last edited by sfoto100; 30th June 2010 at 01:18 AM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
    I have not tried a HP monitor ... However, Sony, NEC and ViewSonic CRT Monitors are very good for the PP jobs ... in fact they were the defacto standard used by the Imaging Industry ... You might wanna consider Samsung, as these are being used by my commercial printers, for RGB outputs.
    hi

    u mean i still can buy crt monitors now? sim lim square?

    tks alot... ur advice really helps...

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    found this bad comment on 2311



    Title: Disappointment Date: June 3, 2010
    Product Uses: Gaming, multimedia

    ReviewPros
    Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Display
    Contrast n Brightness is amazing and easy to calibrate.
    The stand being able to shift height, swivel and rotate.
    Port options are real handy.

    Cons
    Despite being an IPS panel, screen has a gradient. Doesn't comes with pre loaded calibration like its 24inch Ultrasharp.
    There is a gradient of cool(left) to warm(right) from left to right. Its obvious when you select 50% gray as display picture. Despite calling up Dell after 1 day of usage they offer to change a brand new set on the following day, result is the same. Gradient remain there. Basically can't be use it to work on photoshop as the left and right side of the screen display 2 tone of color temperature.

    Review
    Great price for a gaming/multimedia monitor.
    23inch model is a disappointment in the Ultrasharp series for the color Quality due to the gradient. Not a monitor for working with professional color correction.
    18 of 20 people found this review helpful.



    http://www1.ap.dell.com/sg/en/busine...=bsd&cs=sgbsd1
    I belive that is one of the minority cases.
    Mine got no such problem.
    you can visit here to see user's feedback on this monitor.
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2762808

  16. #16

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    i'm also looking for this monitor
    any1 know when it'll be available again in Sg?

  17. #17
    Member NikonMI6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    .:North of Singapore:.
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by tuwinkk View Post
    i'm also looking for this monitor
    any1 know when it'll be available again in Sg?
    it's already available to order it online on dell.com.sg

  18. #18

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    This looks great. Wondering if during COMEX the price will be cheaper. I've been looking for a cheap and good IPS panel monitor to replace my TN panel LCD monitor, seems like this is the best that I can get
    Last edited by amachi; 28th August 2010 at 10:21 AM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    It's was $279 2 days ago. The price now is $299 and you can still order it online.

  20. #20
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: monitor - Dell 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by NikonMI6 View Post
    it's already available to order it online on dell.com.sg
    Are you using this monitor? What you think if it is used basically for photoshop?
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •