Thread: Cash Expended

Default Cash Expended

Hi Everyone & Greetings to Seniors,

I am not rich, neither am I poor. So, just average with some tendency to save a big wad - and splurge.

My recent investment in photography equipment since April came to around S$4,000.00. I wouldn't kill myself, but I think my wife or mom might... if they know the actual figures... heheheheeee

Me a crazy guy - I have tendency to pick up a roll of color negs each day when I return from work. So you can imagine the aount of films in their boxes jammed inside my mini fridge.. ( ! ) no food - just films.

heheheheheeee....
    quick, someone call the Woodbridge officers.....

Regards,
    CJ

Default Re: Cash Expended

Originally posted by spilot
    Hi Everyone & Greetings to Seniors,

I am not rich, neither am I poor. So, just average with some tendency to save a big wad - and splurge.

My recent investment in photography equipment since April came to around S$4,000.00. I wouldn't kill myself, but I think my wife or mom might... if they know the actual figures... heheheheeee

Me a crazy guy - I have tendency to pick up a roll of color negs each day when I return from work. So you can imagine the aount of films in their boxes jammed inside my mini fridge.. ( ! ) no food - just films.

heheheheheeee....
    quick, someone call the Woodbridge officers.....

Regards,
    CJ
    Colour negs? Not slides?

You are not alone, $4K is not that much. If you look at this poll I posted earlier, there are some which went above $15K liao.

Regards
    CK

Default Eqp Expenditures

Hi CK,

Yah - 15K can easily be reached over some time of continous upgrading and expansion of equipment. It's erally very inevitable in photography. But hell, the satisfaction of a good shooting trip and the images to keep and compile - sure beats all that money spent. Those who aren't into photography, are apt to label us spendrifts and plum wreckless with cash.

But what can I/we say ??? We been bitten but that Bug ....

I currently shoot color negs, I used to shoot slides. While I feel slides are good because of the necessity to expose under by half, I could handhold quite a lot oh highh f-number shots. While, the negs allows me to collect the results the same day, and its over ex tolerance is good for a wide range of experimental EV compensation try outs in difficult situations. Further, of al the stuffI invested in - I am still wodnering why haven't I already bought a slide projector ?? Will KIV this one next trip down town...heheeeee

Regards,

CJ

One month (since April) and you have spent S$4k, for me that's VERY VERY MUCH! What have you bought? The mini fridge too?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Default Re: Eqp Expenditures

Hi CK,

Yah - 15K can easily be reached over some time of continous upgrading and expansion of equipment. It's erally very inevitable in photography. But hell, the satisfaction of a good shooting trip and the images to keep and compile - sure beats all that money spent. Those who aren't into photography, are apt to label us spendrifts and plum wreckless with cash.

But what can I/we say ??? We been bitten but that Bug ....

I currently shoot color negs, I used to shoot slides. While I feel slides are good because of the necessity to expose under by half, I could handhold quite a lot oh highh f-number shots. While, the negs allows me to collect the results the same day, and its over ex tolerance is good for a wide range of experimental EV compensation try outs in difficult situations. Further, of al the stuffI invested in - I am still wodnering why haven't I already bought a slide projector ?? Will KIV this one next trip down town...heheeeee

Regards,

CJ
    A Braun Novamat 515AF slide projector is only $210 or so. You can get slides back on the same day if you process at RGB (though I have not tried). if you want to play with EV compensation etc, then you should shoot slides.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by Kho King
    One month (since April) and you have spent S$4k, for me that's VERY VERY MUCH! What have you bought? The mini fridge too?
    Very easy. Buy 1 Nikon F100 and 1 AFS 28-70mm f/2.8D ED-IF. Bang! More than $4k already.

Regards
    CK

guess have to balance between hobby and necessities. as long as you just spend "excess" money and have sufficient to fall back on in times of rainy days, I guess it's fine.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Default Spending Habits

.... quite frankly,

I'm not a very good friend of Yusof Ishak - he keeps leaving me.

Jokes aside : however, if I stop and think about just how much has gone into my interest, I can shudder.

I am seriously considering puting a cap on it for a few months - maybe about two - and then go see what's new again.

Or, just roll my surplusses bak int my business - simple.

Then when something cools comes along - no risk of all my Yusof Ishak leaving me agan.

Regards,

CJ

Default Re: Eqp Expenditures

Yah - 15K can easily be reached over some time of continous upgrading and expansion of equipment.
    Some lenses cost 15K (each)
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!