Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you store your photos?

Default Re: How do you store your photos?

Quote Originally Posted by SAMUELS View Post
    Exactly... I have observed that the majority, if not all, thunderbolt storage devices have to be RAID-ed to enjoy the 10Gbps privellege.
    Not so much of trying to hit 10Gbps throughput, but anything above USB2.0 will be great, because Macs don't have 3.0...
    Try a cabled network NAS. At 1GBps for consumer class, it's pretty fast already. You can easily get 100+MB transfer rate even for low powered for a couple of WD Green HDs.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Store in the Cloud where a company offers on-line storage for a time-based fee. So that if the company goes bankrupt suddenly, all your photos are gone.
    Is there a typo ? Seems like you are not recommending cloud

In any case, I wouldn't recommend cloud yet. I guess the majority have asymmetric internet service where upload is pathetic, getting data up the cloud will be a challenge at the moment unless they have the latest fibre optic solution and service provider with more decent upload speed.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    Is there a typo ? Seems like you are not recommending cloud

In any case, I wouldn't recommend cloud yet. I guess the majority have asymmetric internet service where upload is pathetic, getting data up the cloud will be a challenge at the moment unless they have the latest fibre optic solution and service provider with more decent upload speed.
    Yeah... trying to upload 300+ photos from a relative's wedding last night. Left it overnight to run... only 2/3 done by the morning A bloody crawl... high speed internet my foot.

Any recommended cloud ?
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Yeah... trying to upload 300+ photos from a relative's wedding last night. Left it overnight to run... only 2/3 done by the morning A bloody crawl... high speed internet my foot.
    Well high speed download, upload is hardly high speed in SG. you have to pay hefty for fast upload speed before Fibre Optics. Now if you are on FO, you get much better upload speed, but certainly nothing to wow at.

Besides, I'm not sure about your concern, but certainly cloud has security concern that is still an issue for a lot of corporates to take the big step into it, though they are moving now. Still it's a concern.

Moreover, please don't be mistaken that cloud is really that "safe". Amazon not long ago had a outrage that loses some of the customers' data.
    Last edited by David Kwok; 8th November 2011 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    Any recommended cloud ?
    I think cloud is too large, which online service are you talking about. Typically I don't recommend it unless you have really good upload speed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123