Thread: Is B+W UV filter worth that much? Jos.Schneider Optische Werke GmbH

Default Is B+W UV filter worth that much? Jos.Schneider Optische Werke GmbH

Is B+W UV filter worth that much? Jos.Schneider Optische Werke GmbH?

Was told this worth $89.00. Because is made in Germany and is glass lens. Unlike $20+ UV is plastic.

Just wanna confirm before buying.

Default Re: Is B+W UV filter worth that much? Jos.Schneider Optische Werke GmbH

$80, you can get a b+w 67/72mm MRC XS liao. That is a 46mm, non xs and not even mrc, is it so expensive because of it is size or anything special about it? B+W cost more, but not that much more.

Not too sure if the size is costing it expansive. For me I only heard of Hoyo filter (spelling).

if you want buy B+W, get it from the Mass Sales in CS. Much cheaper than shop price.
    b+w is expensive cos it's made in germany.. anything german is never cheap.

B+W UV0 filters are extremely well-made, have excellent clarity and are easy to clean. The multi-coating is durable and doesn't come off at all.

Cost is high, but pay for quality. Good investment as they can be 'recycled' from lens to lens.

Ok sound like safe to buy.

I wasn't really sure about this brand. So didn't wanna risk myself getting something I not too sure.

with all the help in CS. I think is a well known brand.

Quote Originally Posted by apex View Post
    Ok sound like safe to buy.

I wasn't really sure about this brand. So didn't wanna risk myself getting something I not too sure.

with all the help in CS. I think is a well known brand.
    Get from Mass Sales. (much cheaper)
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Definitely safe to buy, but the price quote you got is way way too high. A search on adorama and bhphoto shows that 46mm non-mrc is only 25usd, mrc version is 35usd.

mrc version is a lot more flare resistant.
    http://www.lenstip.com/113.1-article...ters_test.html

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieInCS View Post
    Definitely safe to buy, but the price quote you got is way way too high. A search on adorama and bhphoto shows that 46mm non-mrc is only 25usd, mrc version is 35usd.

mrc version is a lot more flare resistant.
    http://www.lenstip.com/113.1-article...ters_test.html
    Hi NewbieInCS,

Thanks for the link and Articles.

look for Hennesy, Eugenep or VisionTechnik (not sure correct spelling) in Mass Sales section. Their pricing is so much cheaper.

I got my 72mm xs fpro last fri for my 135mm lens at $85 Cathay photo selling $167 after discount!