Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What camera to get if weight is problem BUT I want good quality photos

Blog Entries

Default Re: What camera to get if weight is problem BUT I want good quality photos

Quote Originally Posted by torak View Post
    Do read my post again, i wasnt comparing image quality.

I was talking about high iso performance, and there are already some reviews saying the nex 5 has better high iso noise control compared to m43s.

Infact the nex 5 even hv better iso than some entry level dslrs, and that says alot, taking into consideration that nex 5 is considered a pns.

The M43 does have better handling as they hv dslr like controls. But for those who want dslr quality photos but don wanna fuss over the controls of a dslr, the nex offers a great alternative.
    Yes some people call NEX PnS, but with a pricing much higher than entry level DSLRs.

Problem is, is the kit lens enough? Once you factor in the weight of another lens, it will exceed 500g, to which TS will say he cannot accept.

Default Re: What camera to get if weight is problem BUT I want good quality photos

Quote Originally Posted by kaylan2000 View Post
    On the contrary, I love the weight.. it makes your hand rock solid. Many people complain about hand/neck pain... I don't bother about the pain, I just enjoy shooting with my 2-3kg camera+kit with few kgs on bag
    Kaylan, you sounds cool.. Its just me, not able to accept weight, I got to carry quite a stuff (for kids) besides my own bag and slugging a DSLR weight is something I cant imagine doing on any other days.

Having said that, I do feel cool when I took pictures with D90

My Nikon P6000 - love the pictures quality but I need to change camera cos there is "black dot" or bad pixel (cant be fix, already checked) on the lense. It is very obvious on my pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Acidica View Post
    Kaylan, you sounds cool.. Its just me, not able to accept weight, I got to carry quite a stuff (for kids) besides my own bag and slugging a DSLR weight is something I cant imagine doing on any other days.

My Nikon P6000 - love the pictures quality but I need to change camera cos there is "black dot" or bad pixel (cant be fix, already checked) on the lense. It is very obvious on my pictures
    Then maybe you should seriously consider a compact as a replacement to your P6000.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yes some people call NEX PnS, but with a pricing much higher than entry level DSLRs.

Problem is, is the kit lens enough? Once you factor in the weight of another lens, it will exceed 500g, to which TS will say he cannot accept.
    I think NEX5 is still the best choice for TS since he cannot accepts heavier than 560g and needs good IQ. Furthermore he mentioned he only most get 1-2 lenses.

NEX5 with battery and 18-55lens is less than 560g. If mount with 16mm lens, that's 100g lesser.

I personally had GF1 and NEX5 before and I can confidently say NEX5 wins hands down on all ISO, especially obvious from ISO800 and above.

NEX5 AF is a tad slower than GF1 but it's shutter lag is less obvious.

I just got a Olympus e-450. Touted as the lightest DLSR at 380gram. With a pancake lense, it might suit your criteria and budget.

Your assumption that I need not carry my kids along with my camera is wrong .. I sometime carry my 6 years kid on my shoulder, camera bag on one shoulder and camera on another... sometime I even do wonders... I take snaps on that condition ..
    1Ds II | EF 16-35L| EF 24-105L | EF 35f/2.0 | EF 50f/1.8 | EF 85f/1.8 | EF 100L |EF 70-300L| EX 550

Quote Originally Posted by kaylan2000 View Post
    Your assumption that I need not carry my kids along with my camera is wrong .. I sometime carry my 6 years kid on my shoulder, camera bag on one shoulder and camera on another... sometime I even do wonders... I take snaps on that condition ..
    Cool! I cant do that...seriously I will collaspse at my 1.6m height..haha

Quote Originally Posted by trelch View Post
    I just got a Olympus e-450. Touted as the lightest DLSR at 380gram. With a pancake lense, it might suit your criteria and budget.
    Sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
    I personally had GF1 and NEX5 before and I can confidently say NEX5 wins hands down on all ISO, especially obvious from ISO800 and above.

NEX5 AF is a tad slower than GF1 but it's shutter lag is less obvious.
    I getting more keen with NEX5. Never had a SONY camera only. Only Nikon and Fuji. I have also read about Pentax K-x, sounds very good too. I know what I want for next camera that my P6000 cant do, its the Bokeh effect - this is what I mean by DSLR quality

Cool! I cant do that...seriously I will collaspse at my 1.6m height..haha

Sounds interesting

I getting more keen with NEX5. Never had a SONY camera only. Only Nikon and Fuji. I have also read about Pentax K-x, sounds very good too. I know what I want for next camera that my P6000 cant do, its the Bokeh effect - this is what I mean by DSLR quality
    Good that you know what you want-Bokeh effect.

But DSLR will not give you Bokeh but the lens. A good lens itself will wt ~>450g.

with all the fuss about weight and size. Go get an LX3 and be done with it. Good wide angle F2 lens somemore.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    with all the fuss about weight and size. Go get an LX3 and be done with it. Good wide angle F2 lens somemore.
    TS do not want a PnS.

Want a DSLR with a PnS body (weight).

Blog Entries

+1

My point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by paesyl View Post
    Good that you know what you want-Bokeh effect.

But DSLR will not give you Bokeh but the lens. A good lens itself will wt ~>450g.
    I have to disagree abit on this.. the sensor size plays a part as well. Bokeh on a (let just compare the extreme examples) leica 25mm f1.4 on 4/3 sensor(same FOV as 50mm on full frame) and bokeh on 50mm 1.4 on (either N/C/S FF camera) will never be the same.

To TS i also was contemplating on EP2/D5000 as a lightweight cam to bring along for leisure outings with family and vacations... just for sheer size and weight issues i got the EP2.
    the M4/3 systems is fantastic for all your needs except for portraits with acceptable bokeh unless you go very near the subject to take a portrait, which by then all other technicalities come into play..like distortion and so on.. what i can say is if you want to keep your camera system light & suffice for most situations(kit lens) at the same time want to get good portraits with bokeh and exceptable night shots then m4/3 definitely didn't work for me.
    i sold mine and got the D5000&18-105 VR

just sharing my experience hope it helps.

err... just in case i also have 2 small kids and lots off stuff to carry around, although i'm a tad taller @1.74, but a D5000+18-105VR in a toploader(the smallest toploader) hung around as a waist pouch, i would say is comfortable enough..

cheers
    Last edited by die Blende; 2nd July 2010 at 05:47 PM.

seriously TS should consider this better value for money. can do most of the thing EP2 did(except for art filters)

i tried my colleagues lx3 for 1 week, but too bad already sold the EP2 and bought the D5000

Blog Entries

You guys seems to not know of this new little gem

And it is selling cheaper than the LX3. And note the numbers on the bottom right - F1.8

ed9119 bought one and has been posting a lot of reviews and sample pics here:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706521

Guys, thanks alot for the advices.. just in case, you are wondering why I insisted on lighter camera is because I am girl.. Think I am begining to like E-Pen series.. will explore more. At least I know I will bring my camera out with stuffs and kids along and I can make it.. hahah.... Samsung looks good too - very tempting.. will wait till Comex to decide soon..

PEN is not that light leh....
    EPL-1 is lightest of their range, but only with the pancake lens would I call it a light and compact combo.

No point waiting till Comex, coz prices are no better then.
    Exploring! :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123