Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What camera to get if weight is problem BUT I want good quality photos

Default Re: What camera to get if weight is problem BUT I want good quality photos

Quote Originally Posted by Acidica View Post
    dd123 - dont think I want to spend more on expensive lens, wont consider Pentax K-x. Thanks again
    I don't know whether or not to laugh.....
    daredevil123 merely mentioned that Pentax makes a lot of lenses, some very famous (and also expensive too)... He didn't say Pentax lenses cost more than say... Olympus lenses (which you'll need if you get an interchangeable lens camera like EP-1 or EP-2).
    Don't confuse the facts.

In fact Pentax K-x with kit lens already very capable. If you don't want to buy additional lenses, that's fine too!
    Exploring! :)

Default Re: What camera to get if weight is problem BUT I want good quality photos

E-PL1 is lighter than the E-P1 and E-P2, 500g isn't very heavy, have you tried holding it? if you haven't,I suggest you do so,it may not be as heavy as you think
    A wise man said, "Any available light is good light"

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    G1: (electronic) viewfinder
    PEN: no viewfinder

you think PEN series cameras are very light har...?
    On the contrary, I love the weight.. it makes your hand rock solid. Many people complain about hand/neck pain... I don't bother about the pain, I just enjoy shooting with my 2-3kg camera+kit with few kgs on bag
    1Ds II | EF 16-35L| EF 24-105L | EF 35f/2.0 | EF 50f/1.8 | EF 85f/1.8 | EF 100L |EF 70-300L| EX 550

consider GF1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kaylan2000 View Post
    Long back I had one Fuji S9600 and it was great all purpose. there was some limitations but still it was quite useful. So I believe, it's new Avatar HS10 will be quite good all rounder.
    One of my cousin brother who is brand fan, planning to have a Canon SX20. Check the reviews of these two.... with this camera, you will be always light as you wished!!
    Woah... I still have the S9500... Still shoots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Acidica View Post
    Thanks Kaylan, I read review of SX20, spec is great but weights more than 560g - cant accept this weight.
    Eh... 560g also cannot.

Felt like we all wasted our time here giving you suggestions.

GF-1 with battery and the small 20mm prime is already 450g. With 1 more 14-45 lens. you already way exceed 560g.

TS, with that 500g cap on weight, you can exclude all the m4/3 cameras, all DSLRs, and all EVIL cameras. Just get a PnS, or a compact prosumer. Consider the LX3, EX1, G11, S90. Those are the only cameras that can meet your weight requirement. Or you can stay with your P6000.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 28th June 2010 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Woah... I still have the S9500... Still shoots.
    Mine one died and sitting idle on my digicabi .. not sure whether will repair or not. Fuji service cetre operation time is odd and the location is even odder!!
    1Ds II | EF 16-35L| EF 24-105L | EF 35f/2.0 | EF 50f/1.8 | EF 85f/1.8 | EF 100L |EF 70-300L| EX 550

Blog Entries

Mine one died and sitting idle on my digicabi .. not sure whether will repair or not. Fuji service cetre operation time is odd and the location is even odder!!
    Mine is still working after so many years. It went with me all over the world too...

Yes Fuji SC is at this industrial zone in Paya Lebar. Not the best hours too.

On the contrary, I love the weight.. it makes your hand rock solid. Many people complain about hand/neck pain... I don't bother about the pain, I just enjoy shooting with my 2-3kg camera+kit with few kgs on bag
    do read my post again and you'll understand the point I was trying to make...

Leica M9 SUPER SHARP BEST VERY LIGHT TOO

Eh... 560g also cannot.

Felt like we all wasted our time here giving you suggestions.

GF-1 with battery and the small 20mm prime is already 450g. With 1 more 14-45 lens. you already way exceed 560g.

TS, with that 500g cap on weight, you can exclude all the m4/3 cameras, all DSLRs, and all EVIL cameras. Just get a PnS, or a compact prosumer. Consider the LX3, EX1, G11, S90. Those are the only cameras that can meet your weight requirement. Or you can stay with your P6000.
    Agree.

TS, unfortunately, good images usually come from good lenses that have got good glass in it. The glass would weigh quite a bit. I think your P6000 would serve you well. What's more, you havent mentioned why you don't want the P6000.
    The best things in life are free.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    Agree.

TS, unfortunately, good images usually come from good lenses that have got good glass in it. The glass would weigh quite a bit. I think your P6000 would serve you well. What's more, you havent mentioned why you don't want the P6000.

A standard case of: Want cheap, Want fresh, Want big big...

or in this case: want cheap, want good, want light light.

Where to find this type.... ???

Quote Originally Posted by spidey89 View Post
    The PENs,Gs and NEX all use DSLR sensors,so the quality is the same
    The APS-C sensor used in NEX5 is 60% bigger than the GF/PEN's M43 sensors though.

Havent really test the image quality of them, but high ISO wise, the NEX5 is on par with Sony A550 / Pentax k-x / Nikon D90, and I'd say its better than the M43s.

A standard case of: Want cheap, Want fresh, Want big big...

or in this case: want cheap, want good, want light light.

Where to find this type.... ???
    quite shocked by the "can't accept this weight" comment... I guess any DSLR or EVIL is out then...

Personally, I've seen what a canon s90 can do and I must say I'm quite impressed. Consider a compact if you u prefer lesser weight and gd quality photo.. Just frm a newbie's point of view.

Cheers!

well if 560g is too heavy, then the only camera for u is the NEX 5. It weighs 287g (with battery), total around 400g with the kit lens.

Its an easy to use, high iso performance and its using APS-C sized DSLR sensor which is same size as most DSLRs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by torak View Post
    The APS-C sensor used in NEX5 is 60% bigger than the GF/PEN's M43 sensors though.

Havent really test the image quality of them, but high ISO wise, the NEX5 is on par with Sony A550 / Pentax k-x / Nikon D90, and I'd say its better than the M43s.
    Have you shot with an E-3 or GH-1? Sensor may be a tad smaller. But have you seen the pictures coming out of the 4/3 cameras? m4/3 uses the same sensors from 4/3. Just that the mount is slightly smaller.

So if you have not personally shot with 4/3 cameras, or see first hand what they can do, I don't think it is fair of you to say that NEX5 is better than M43s. Too general, and sweeping a statement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by torak View Post
    well if 560g is too heavy, then the only camera for u is the NEX 5. It weighs 287g (with battery), total around 400g with the kit lens.

Its an easy to use, high iso performance and its using APS-C sized DSLR sensor which is same size as most DSLRs.
    Yes, with manual controls very hard to get to. Interfaces so PnS like that a person wanting more control will be crying.

Do consider a mirrorless camera, like those currently offered by Olympus, Panasonic and Sony.

Have you shot with an E-3 or GH-1? Sensor may be a tad smaller. But have you seen the pictures coming out of the 4/3 cameras? m4/3 uses the same sensors from 4/3. Just that the mount is slightly smaller.

So if you have not personally shot with 4/3 cameras, or see first hand what they can do, I don't think it is fair of you to say that NEX5 is better than M43s. Too general, and sweeping a statement.
    Do read my post again, i wasnt comparing image quality.

I was talking about high iso performance, and there are already some reviews saying the nex 5 has better high iso noise control compared to m43s.

Infact the nex 5 even hv better iso than some entry level dslrs, and that says alot, taking into consideration that nex 5 is considered a pns.

The M43 does have better handling as they hv dslr like controls. But for those who want dslr quality photos but don wanna fuss over the controls of a dslr, the nex offers a great alternative.
    Last edited by torak; 30th June 2010 at 10:50 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast