Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Someone Hack into my account and send emails from my account!!!

Default Re: Someone Hack into my account and send emails from my account!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    maybe your contact's email was compromised.. and the bug was sent from his/her a/c to you. So you unknowingly opened it and executed the trojan/keylogger/virus.

The virus don't do all those things.. it'll just send the password to the person.. and then the person will hack into your yahoo or whatever account from the whatever useful data that the keylogger has acquired. The keylogger captures keystrokes.. so it's possible that thru some data scanning, to find out what site/services the userid and password is for.

If you make police report, the police may be able to trace who is the person who hacked into the account, with the ISP's help.

That is, if the keylogger had sent data out.. there might be some trace..
    Thanks.

Got a call from CID and they are now waiting for the log records from Yahoo. Hope they get the bugger
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Some thing good came out of all these.

2 of my friends ( who don't know each other ) tried to call me to confirm that I'm OK. Though they suspect that this was a scam, they tried to call me but could not get in touch with me ( I was uncontactable for a while last week ) and just in case the email is true, one got in touch with his work contact in Euro. to stand by while the other got her son who's on study attachment in Norway to stand by to help me.

Makes me glad that I have such friends. Bought one of them dinner and the other a drink
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Just an update, the CID have look into this and trace the ISP to an oversea account so can't do anything now. That being the case, I'll close this thread. Thank all who posted with your advise. Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123