Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immediate Action Sling

Default Immediate Action Sling

Hi like to check has anyone gotten this camera strap from the Mass Sales section?
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701266

Any reviews, comparison with the R-strap or the Sun-sniper strap?

Thanks
    Last edited by kenshinz; 28th June 2010 at 09:46 PM.

Default Re: Immediate Action Sling

am using one, but not the two brands mentioned, is fast and work well, what do you want to know?

both brand believed are as good.
    Canon/24-105mm f4L IS/70-200 f2.8L IS/100 f2.8 Macro L IS/430ExII

How is the construction of the strap, durability etc? Any issues? Tried to find reviews but didn't find any thks

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinz View Post
    How is the construction of the strap, durability etc? Any issues? Tried to find reviews but didn't find any thks
    i got it from Oriental Photo, think about $85, very good quality material, no issue, R-strap no stock atm from the mass sales that why i went ahead to get one, no regret so far. really feel like a sniper now.
    Canon/24-105mm f4L IS/70-200 f2.8L IS/100 f2.8 Macro L IS/430ExII

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by pattanct View Post
    i got it from Oriental Photo, think about $85, very good quality material, no issue, R-strap no stock atm from the mass sales that why i went ahead to get one, no regret so far. really feel like a sniper now.
    TS is talking about the one calvinklein is selling in mass sales,not blackrapid...

OMG this looks so cool. But I shoot with my vertical grip a lot, it will get in the way right?
    Canon Kiss X3 BG-E5 | Canon 135 f2 | Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 | Sigma 50 f1.4 | 430EXII
    View my gallery

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Soundaholic View Post
    OMG this looks so cool. But I shoot with my vertical grip a lot, it will get in the way right?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    TS is talking about the one calvinklein is selling in mass sales,not blackrapid...
    Haha yup was asking about the strap sold by calvinklein, the R-strap and the sun-sniper kinda out of my budget for now

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinz View Post
    Haha yup was asking about the strap sold by calvinklein, the R-strap and the sun-sniper kinda out of my budget for now
    I'm planning to get it in the next mass sales by calvinklein (I think it's next week). Will post my comments after that. I didn't find any complaints about that strap he was selling, so I'm going ahead to getting it and try. Furthermore, it's half the price of a blackrapid, and the price is not as low to warrant too much quality concerns.

i hv the sun sniper strap n it's really gd.
    only complaint is when i need to use a tripod then hv to unscrew the holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    i hv the sun sniper strap n it's really gd.
    only complaint is when i need to use a tripod then hv to unscrew the holder.
    Yup, that's one reason why the immediate action sling looked interesting due to the ability to still use a tripod without unscrewing the holder

I've just bought the no-brand immediate action sling from Calvinklein, tested it a bit. My DSLR and lens rested snugly against my upper thigh, and the pull up action is smooth and quick. Seller said it comes with one month's personal warranty.

I have a concern of how long the bolt that screw to the tripod base .. single point holding draw concern to me ... if long bolt screw to the tripod base then i might feel safer lor .. any bro there care to share ..

Quote Originally Posted by TeckHua View Post
    I have a concern of how long the bolt that screw to the tripod base .. single point holding draw concern to me ... if long bolt screw to the tripod base then i might feel safer lor .. any bro there care to share ..
    Using it for around 3 months now, heaviest load put on it is around 2kg, no problems so far, not as long as a tripod bolt but holding without problems. It also tucks itself well near to your hip, works better for heavier lenses though, tends to bounce around a bit for smaller lenses like the 50mm 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by TeckHua View Post
    I have one of this too and the screw to the tripod base is not strong enough to hold my camera (after use it around 10 times), so it fell off but the strap itself is very good. so for the body now I replaced it with BlackRapid R3 and still using the strap..

note: ( I'm using 5dM2+batgrip+24-70)
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.4

wow thats terrible .. fell off ?? What about the Q strap selling by artwork photo I think ?? I have a thought of bringing it in at cheaper source but not sure of the quality ...

Quote Originally Posted by kurniled View Post
    I have one of this too and the screw to the tripod base is not strong enough to hold my camera (after use it around 10 times), so it fell off but the strap itself is very good. so for the body now I replaced it with BlackRapid R3 and still using the strap..

note: ( I'm using 5dM2+batgrip+24-70)
    That isn't good news.. was considering it for a D700+grip+24-70 setup.. not gonna risk it now..

I have no problem with the sling as well.
    but the screw seems to loosen whenever i sling it with my tripod base on.

no problem so far without the tripod base.
    If still dun feel secure, DIY a safety catch to your base lor.
    Nikon D90 | SB800 | N18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 | N50mm f/1.8 | T11-16mm f2.8

A thin piece of leather or a sprung washer (get at hardware store) will help if the screw gets loose. Tighten very, very firmly.

Dream Merchant

Thanks for the great tips ... will do that when my strap arrive ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast