Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (46!!) Beginning of a brand new era!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (46!!) Beginning of a brand new era!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    u found out liao!!

since it is so, then pls borrow from bro rodz!
    i only keep shakira's & vida guerra's...

CROUCH BACK TO LIVERPOOL?Good!!! Seal of Approval from CC!!!
    dont think we need crouch...we have Pacheco,Kuyt can also play striker...we can add wright-phillips though...we need winger...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    i only keep shakira's & vida guerra's...

dont think we need crouch...we have Pacheco,Kuyt can also play striker...we can add wright-phillips though...we need winger...
    we dun haf a tall, experienced and out n out striker.

besides, crouch did pretty well for us back then. it was always a mystery why raf999 sold him.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

we dun haf a tall, experienced and out n out striker.

besides, crouch did pretty well for us back then. it was always a mystery why raf999 sold him.
    Same old reasons la, warm the bench too much, prefer Kite over Crouch and 4-5-1

I thought those are your pet peeve

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Same old reasons la, warm the bench too much, prefer Kite over Crouch and 4-5-1

I thought those are your pet peeve
    raf999 is destroying intermilan now, which is music to my ears!

Liverpool Keen On Wright-Phillips

By Justin Heron
    Laksa Sauce!!

Liverpool have emerged as contenders, alongside Arsenal, to sign England midfielder Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The 28-year-old winger is set to find himself down the pecking order at Eastlands this season, following the arrival of David Silva from Valencia amongst a host of other players. Despite his home grown status, it is believed that Roberto Mancini may well be prepared to part with the winger should a bid come in close to their valuation of their player, which is understood to be close to the £8.5m they paid Chelsea to bring him back to the club in 2008.

Wright-Phillips spent seven seasons at Manchester City before Chelsea stepped in to pay £21 million for his services in the early days of Roman Abramovichís influence on Premier League football. His time at Chelsea wasnít a successful one and long spells on the Chelsea bench, saw his return to City for well under half the price, pre-Sheik Mansour buyout at a time when his name was also linked heavily with Liverpool.

Arsenal interest is said to have quietened due to the players believed wage demands as opposed to the asking price for the player. The wideman having already rejected a £10,000 per week increase on his existing contract with Manchester City at the end of last season. Arsenal may be able to provide Wright-Phillips with Champions League football but wage demands will not be a major issue to Kop boss Roy Hodgson having already persuaded SWPís former Chelsea colleague Joe Cole to take up life on Merseyside despite a wealth of interest.

Hodgson has spent wisely this summer, gradually increasing the squad depth at Anfield with the only fee paid to date a £2m initial payment to Rangers for Danny Wilson. Joe Cole, Fabio Aurelio & Milan Jovanovic all arrived as free signings and Hodgson continues to express his interest in at least another 2 or 3 new arrivals to Melwood. With the sale of Albert Riera and the forthcoming expected departures of Emiliano Insua and Javier Mascherano yet to come, as well as a basic level transfer fund, the new manager finds himself with options. As long as the Liverpool board do the seemingly difficult task of keeping their word and providing sale profits for re-investment back into the squad, the names of Christian Poulsen and Peter Crouch are thought to be heading on to the staff list shortly.

Whether Wright-Phillips will find himself making the short trip from Manchester to Liverpool remains to be seen but Liverpool retain a focus of interest on experienced players, especially those that have it in the Premiership. Wright-Phillips current team mate Wayne Bridge, presently in a similar squad situation himself, remains part of a trio of left backs alongside Wiganís Maynor Figueroa and Fulhamís Paul Konchesky as other possible arrivals as the Reds look to provide further defensive cover once Insua officially becomes a Genoa player in the next couple of days.

Crouch Return Rumours Intensify

By Justin Heron
    Curry Sauce!!

Liverpool are reportedly lining up a bid to bring England striker Peter Crouch back to Anfield, some sources already advising that conversations are underway and the player could be heading to Melwood this coming week for a medical.

Rumours concerning Peter Crouch have intensified over the last fortnight, as Liverpool have looked to add an experienced striker for around the £10m mark to their squad. Their orginal interest was thought to lie with Loic Remy of Nice but nio deal materialised for the player and he has since been to talk to Stoke, over a Premierhsip move. The name of Crouch has moved on from a suggestion in many places to a lot of talk from Spurs sources a fortnight ago that he may lie outside of Harry Redknapp’s plans for the coming season. Spurs sources were also credited with saying at the time that finances are alot tighter at White Hart Lane than they have been in recent transfer windows and the sale of Crouch maybe required to enable them to bring in one of their own targets. Spurs funnily enough are now credited with directing their interest at Remy.

The 29-year-old England International spent three years with the Reds earlier in his career, where he was a popular figure with the club’s fans despite returning just 22 goals in 85 Premier League games for the Anfield outfit. Crouch was somewhat underplayed by Rafa Benitez and never fully received the opportunity that he perhaps thought he would, but his exit for the arrival of Robbie Keane certainly provided no improvement as the Irish international failed to deliver for his boyhood team.

A lack of backup options for Fernando Torres went on to prove costly for the Reds, as the Spaniard was sidelined for a big part of the campaign with a series of injuries. Despite the young potential of David Ngog amongst the Liverpool ranks, the squad is lacking depth across the forward line. Liverpool are hoping to pay around the £8 million mark to seal a Merseyside return, but Harry Redknapp is believed to be looking for an extra £1m to £2m to conclude the deal.

Crouch would not only add depth and support to the forward line but would also increase the homegrown player count for the Kop side. Crouch’s arrival would be another step towards the level of squad that Liverpool should have operated from last season. If the truth be told, even with the arrival of Crouch, the Liverpool strikeforce is still a little light weight compared to the leading Premiership sides, who tend to operate from a bank of a minimum of four but the ability to bring in the likes of Remy as well may not quite be in Liverpool’s grasp just yet as the battle in the boardroom for ownership continues to rumble on.
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 9th August 2010 at 09:36 AM.

if only we could send him to manure

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    if only we could send him to manure

hoseh liao for inter.

now my ques is...

How many of us subscribe to Mio?

poor feedbacks etc..

never subscribe to mio....... also how much huh??? i have the mio tv as sign up the broadband plan, cheaper to have mio.....

but i never watch from mio, never ever as since 1 year ago..... never hook to TV also...hehe
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    never subscribe to mio....... also how much huh??? i have the mio tv as sign up the broadband plan, cheaper to have mio.....

but i never watch from mio, never ever as since 1 year ago..... never hook to TV also...hehe
    say no to MIO stream online is

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    say no to MIO stream online is
    yes! mux show them that we will not bow down to them!!!

STREAM ONLINE!!

heheh....so many oppositions here.

now coffeeshops got show or not ha?

if all macdonalds got show.............sigh.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Pls pm me the link to see online thks. Mine is 6 mbs shd be ok
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    heheh....so many oppositions here.

now coffeeshops got show or not ha?
    can check out madlorleh!!

maybe got!!

Martin O'Neill resigns as Aston Villa manager

curry sauce!

Martin O'Neill has resigned as Aston Villa manager with immediate effect.

Kevin MacDonald has been appointed caretaker boss while no reason has been given for O'Neill's decision to leave after four years in the job.

MacDonald will prepare the side for their Premier League opener against West Ham on Saturday.

O'Neill, appointed in 2006, said: "I have enjoyed my time at Aston Villa immensely. It's obviously a wrench to be leaving such a magnificent club."

O'Neill, who led Villa to their third successive sixth-placed finish in the Premier League last season and also to the final of the Carling Cup, added: "I would like to pay tribute to the Villa players, my coaching staff and the Villa supporters for all the support and encouragement they have given both the club and me personally during my time as manager.

"I wish them all the best for the future. I will obviously be assisting the club in the immediate short-term with regard to the handover of my duties."

most likely is he buey song no $$ to spend on new signings and even have to LLST and watch james milner leave for a huge amnt of $$, even though he is against the board for selling him.

Jones on way to Anfield

gravy sauce!!!

Brad Jones is expected to complete his dream move to Liverpool in the next couple of days.

Boro had already turned down a £2m bid from the Reds for their Australian international goalkeeper, but negotiations continued over the weekend and significant progress has since been made towards concluding a deal.

The 28-year-old was an absentee for Boro for their disappointing opening day defeat to Ipswich Town due to suspension. Indeed it is understood that he didn't even attend the game and had already cleared the decks anticipating his move to Anfield.

And with Jones set to become Pepe Reina's understudy on Merseyside, Boro manager Gordon Strachan is expected to step up his own chase for Crystal Palace's Argentine goalkeeper Julian Speroni as a replacement.

Meanwhile, Eagles boss George Burley is already believed to be lining up former England keeper Richard Wright as Speroni's successor at Selhurst Park.

Martin O'Neill resigns as Aston Villa manager

most likely is he buey song no $$ to spend on new signings and even have to LLST and watch james milner leave for a huge amnt of $$, even though he is against the board for selling him.

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast