Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (46!!) Beginning of a brand new era!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (46!!) Beginning of a brand new era!!

Glad to see RH working to turn the team around. Hopefully he has a better eye for his new signings than Rafa.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

LIVERPOOL OPEN TALKS TO SELL MASCHERANO

There's a short line in The Times remarking that Roy Hodgson has 'made direct contact with Massimo Moratti, the Inter Milan president, as the Italian club step up their attempt to sign Javier Mascherano, who is keen to quit Anfield and join forces' but it has been given full focus in The Guardian:

'Liverpool are in talks with Internazionale over the possible sale of Javier Mascherano after the Italian club made an approach for the midfielder. Roy Hodgson is believed to be ready to sell the Argentina captain at the right price to raise funds, after warning Liverpool supporters that several more signings are needed to lift the "doom and gloom" that enveloped the club last season.

'Liverpool want at least £25m for Mascherano, who has made no secret of his desire to move to Inter and link up again with Rafael Benítez, Hodgson's predecessor as manager at Anfield. Mascherano's agent, Walter Tamer, recently said it was his client's "dream" to join the Serie A club and the approach had been anticipated.'

So £25m from Masca, another £5m from the Italy-bound Emiliano Insua, a few pennies from offloading Philipp Degen, and an estimated £4.5m from the deal that will sell Albert Riera to Olympiacos.

All of a sudden, it looks as if Liverpool have money to spend.

£2m - with more to follow - has been spent on Rangers defender Danny Wilson, and there's anything but a guarantee that Hodgson will be handed the full proceeds of all those upcoming sales. However, it's no surprise to read elsewhere that Hodgson wants more....
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

BRIDGE TO CROSS TO THE MERSEY

According to both The Daily Mirror and Independent, Wayne Bridge is the latest player in Hodgson's sights.

The left-back will fall down the pecking order at Eastlands once Alexander Koralov completes his long-expected £17m transfer and Pool are of course in need of a new left-sided defender after Insua was sent packing.

'Liverpool hope Bridge will appreciate being offered a change of scene following the turmoil he experienced last season,' suggests The Indy.

LIVERPOOL NEWS

Hodgson 'hopeful' Torres talks prove fruitful

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has revealed the club remain locked in talks with Fernando Torres over the striker's Anfield future.

Hodgson has been boosted in recent days by the capture of Joe Cole on a free transfer and captain Steven Gerrard's pledge to remain with the club next season, and is now hoping Torres will commit to returning Liverpool to the top tier of English football.

Torres is yet to return to the club following his involvement in Spain's victorious World Cup campaign, but Hodgson is optimistic the talks will lead to a positive breakthrough.

"Christian Purslow, the club's managing director, has been talking to Fernando Torres for the last two days so there have been lots of words. But I haven't spoken to him,'' Hodgson said in quotes reported by the Sun.

"I was confident Steven Gerrard would stay with Liverpool because he is the heart and soul of the club. It would have been a major blow to lose him. Steven Gerrard has pretty much said he's staying and that's a big boost. It was a major day yesterday with the signing of Joe Cole in tandem with Gerrard saying he is staying. Hopefully he will soon be followed by Fernando Torres.''

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Glad to see RH working to turn the team around. Hopefully he has a better eye for his new signings than Rafa.
    definitely. think we're signing more british players now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    BRIDGE TO CROSS TO THE MERSEY

According to both The Daily Mirror and Independent, Wayne Bridge is the latest player in Hodgson's sights.

The left-back will fall down the pecking order at Eastlands once Alexander Koralov completes his long-expected £17m transfer and Pool are of course in need of a new left-sided defender after Insua was sent packing.

'Liverpool hope Bridge will appreciate being offered a change of scene following the turmoil he experienced last season,' suggests The Indy.
    Could be a good signing. Another former Blues player joining??

definitely. think we're signing more british players now!
    It is good to start signing early, before FA really decides to implement the minimum quota

Sounds like we are going to Sell!Sell!Sell!
    Just wanted to do this for RH:

Earning: $10
    Yossi - $5
    Insua - $5

Possible Incomes: $35.5(Prices base online rumours)
    Reira - $4.5
    Ngog - $6
    Mascherano - $25
    Degen - $?
    Bable - $?
    El Zhar - $?

Spending: $2
    Milan (FREE)
    J Cole (FREE)
    Danny Wilson - $2++

Wow! Who say LFC no money
    Last edited by frodo; 22nd July 2010 at 05:22 PM.

if both Riera and Babel leave, no more left wing, Cole can fill that role, but we are very thin

need a replacement for Marsch, unless we pull Gerrard back or continue to depend on Laoya Leiva

we still need a good leftback and maybe another one as deputy....

even all that 35m available, it is probably not enough to sign a bunch of good quality players, unless on free transfers
    and hopefully, the youngsters step up and we see more of them

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar could sign for Liverpool, with Ryan Babel joining Milan - report

Milan striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar could join Liverpool, with Ryan Babel heading the other way as part of the deal, according to a report in Il Corriere dello Sport.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...ith-ryan-babel

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Klaas-Jan Huntelaar could sign for Liverpool, with Ryan Babel joining Milan - report

Milan striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar could join Liverpool, with Ryan Babel heading the other way as part of the deal, according to a report in Il Corriere dello Sport.

if this happens i can see liverpool in top 4!!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

yayyy!! the useless players from raf999 era will all be shipped out soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    if this happens i can see liverpool in top 4!!!
    hohseh ah!! shud be lifting the EPL title lo!!!

OLYMPIACOS IN TALKS OVER RIERA

Posted 21/07/10 19:13

Liverpool have confirmed they are in talks with Olympiacos over the sale of winger Albert Riera.

The Spaniard played no part in tonight's friendly draw with Grasshoppers in Switzerland as discussions over his future are continuing with the Greek side.

"Albert Riera did not play as a precaution because negotiations are ongoing with Olympiacos," said manager Roy Hodgson.

Olympiacos manager Ewald Lienen is expecting to sign winger Riera by the end of the week.

"Unless there is a major surprise then he will be our player," he said.

"He is a great player who has proven his worth both at club level and for the Spanish national side."

Riera arrived at Anfield two years ago from Espanyol in a £10million deal and although he was relatively successful in his first season he tailed off badly in the last campaign.

He effectively spent the last three months of the season on suspension having fallen out with former manager Rafael Benitez after accusing the Spaniard of not talking to him, compounding the problem by then describing the club as a "sinking ship".

Deregistered

Liverpool offer French youth pair to Nice to reach club's £14.3m Loic Remy valuation - report

Liverpool are prepared to part-exhange youth duo Nabil El Zhar and Damien Plessis to beat West Ham United to £14.3 million Nice striker Loic Remy, according to The Mirror.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...to-reach-clubs

YAY ! Nabeh El zhar gotta go..

2 piece of good news in a week, first degen , now el zhar , how i wish lucas would go also.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    YAY ! Nabeh El zhar gotta go..

2 piece of good news in a week, first degen , now el zhar , how i wish lucas would go also.

maybe if u start collecting and waving lucas' g-strings, he will become the heart of LFC midfield and maybe even future captain

LIVERPOOL OPEN TALKS TO SELL MASCHERANO

There's a short line in The Times remarking that Roy Hodgson has 'made direct contact with Massimo Moratti, the Inter Milan president, as the Italian club step up their attempt to sign Javier Mascherano, who is keen to quit Anfield and join forces' but it has been given full focus in The Guardian:

'Liverpool are in talks with Internazionale over the possible sale of Javier Mascherano after the Italian club made an approach for the midfielder. Roy Hodgson is believed to be ready to sell the Argentina captain at the right price to raise funds, after warning Liverpool supporters that several more signings are needed to lift the "doom and gloom" that enveloped the club last season.

'Liverpool want at least £25m for Mascherano, who has made no secret of his desire to move to Inter and link up again with Rafael Benítez, Hodgson's predecessor as manager at Anfield. Mascherano's agent, Walter Tamer, recently said it was his client's "dream" to join the Serie A club and the approach had been anticipated.'

So £25m from Masca, another £5m from the Italy-bound Emiliano Insua, a few pennies from offloading Philipp Degen, and an estimated £4.5m from the deal that will sell Albert Riera to Olympiacos.

All of a sudden, it looks as if Liverpool have money to spend.

£2m - with more to follow - has been spent on Rangers defender Danny Wilson, and there's anything but a guarantee that Hodgson will be handed the full proceeds of all those upcoming sales. However, it's no surprise to read elsewhere that Hodgson wants more....
    Good Sale from here....
    I'm not a fan of him. Likes to play act when being tackled..

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    Good Sale from here....
    I'm not a fan of him. Likes to play act when being tackled..

if his heart is not with us but with rafa, then i say let him go
    but it will leave a huge void
    well, maybe with CC collecting and waving Lucas' g-strings, things might be different

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    maybe if u start collecting and waving lucas' g-strings, he will become the heart of LFC midfield and maybe even future captain
    now we all know domdomino collect louya leiva's g-strings along with bro rodz and his dirty kite's g-strings collecting!!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    if his heart is not with us but with rafa, then i say let him go
    but it will leave a huge void
    well, maybe with CC collecting and waving Lucas' g-strings, things might be different
    dun worry grumpy bro!!! u can collect mascherano's g-strings along with bro rodz n his dirty kite's g-strings collection!

maybe by doin so, masch will stay and alonso will return for a 2nd spell!

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast