Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (46!!) Beginning of a brand new era!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (46!!) Beginning of a brand new era!!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    who is Jonjo Shelvey??
    a youngster. actually i dont think he will be in first 11.
    Canon 80IXUS | Nikon D5000 | EPML1| OMD EM10

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Joe Cole meets Roy Hodgson

New Liverpool signing Joe Cole has arrived in Switzerland for a medical after agreeing terms on a four-year Anfield deal - and we've got an exclusive video and photo of the 28-year-old meeting Roy Hodgson.

The England international touched down at 7.45pm local time before taking the 30-minute journey to Bad Ragaz to meet up with his new teammates for the first time.

Good move for Uncle Roy...

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    Good move for Uncle Roy...
    actually b4 he even join the Blues i was silently praying that he joined us after West Ham drop to Div 1.

and now...my prayers answered. hehehhe

Did Joe took the wrong shirt? How come is No.10 not 7?

And Milan gets No.11. Wonder who's our new signing that will be wearing the No.7?

expectations too high for number 7, no one dares to wear

Steven Gerrard: Roy Hodgson talk persuaded me to stay at Liverpool

Team captain Steven Gerrard has pledged his future to Liverpool - citing the influence of new manager Roy Hodgson and high-profile free transfer signing Joe Cole as key components to his decision.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...y-at-liverpool

Steven Gerrard: Roy Hodgson talk persuaded me to stay at Liverpool

Team captain Steven Gerrard has pledged his future to Liverpool - citing the influence of new manager Roy Hodgson and high-profile free transfer signing Joe Cole as key components to his decision.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...y-at-liverpool

actual reason could be old liao, no carrot out there wanna pay

anyway, I am glad he is staying. By commiting, I am sure it give fans a lot of hope and also a lot of confidence to other players and whatever stars (or consider themselves stars) we have.

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    And Milan gets No.11. Wonder who's our new signing that will be wearing the No.7?

king kenny

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    Did Joe took the wrong shirt? How come is No.10 not 7?

wa, no.10... then who don no.7 nw?!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

actual reason could be old liao, no carrot out there wanna pay

anyway, I am glad he is staying. By commiting, I am sure it give fans a lot of hope and also a lot of confidence to other players and whatever stars (or consider themselves stars) we have.
    lao liao la!! no club wanna b roberto!!!

expectations too high for number 7, no one dares to wear
    tat no.7 is reserved for me la.

i wear liao, shirt too small, tear here n there, and i roll across the pitch, covering every blade of grass and mowing down the opposition players so that our boys can tap into an empty net.

swee, every game is 'man of the match'. kekekeke

TRANSFER TALK
    Liverpool agree £5m fee for Danny Wilson

By Soccernet staff

July 20, 2010

Roy Hodgson's rebuilding plans at Liverpool have taken another step with a £5 million deal agreed for Rangers defender Danny Wilson.

Wilson, who had been linked with a move to Anfield for months, will cost Liverpool an initial fee of £2 million with various add-ons taking the total possible outlay to £5 million.

The central defender was in the last year of his contract with SPL champions Rangers and the club decided to cash in on him now rather than run the risk of receiving less in compensation in 12 months' time.

Wilson, 18, was due to depart to Australia with the rest of the Rangers squad on Tuesday but stayed behind to complete negotiations with Liverpool.

He becomes the third player to commit to Liverpool this summer, following deals for Milan Jovanovic and Joe Cole.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain told the club's official website: "We have agreed a deal in principle with Liverpool for the transfer of Danny Wilson. Liverpool's offer will see the club receive £2 million up front with add-ons linked to games played, taking the total value of the deal to £5 million.

"Danny was entering the final year of his contract with the club and had indicated that he felt it was in his interests to move on. Given that and the value of the offer from Liverpool, it was deemed appropriate to accept that offer given the player wanted to go.

"We are aware that with Kevin Thomson and Danny leaving the club in the last week that there is a need to add to the first team squad. Our efforts remain focused on doing that during this transfer window. We have been active in that regard with the resources that we have and we do recognise that we have to add to a squad that is light in numbers.''

Wilson made his debut in October 2009 and went on to make 25 appearances, which included Champions League action. A Scotland Under-19 international, he won both the PFA Scotland and Scottish Football Writers' young player of the year awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

i wear liao, shirt too small, tear here n there, and i roll across the pitch, covering every blade of grass and mowing down the opposition players so that our boys can tap into an empty net.

ya no. 7 reserved for you, to wave dirty kite's g-strings every match

ya no. 7 reserved for you, to wave dirty kite's g-strings every match
    LOL, but "Liverpool agree £5m fee for Danny Wilson" sounds like good business...

Remind me of Blanka from street fighter

Liverpool FC manager Roy Hodgson shows Philipp Degen the Anfield exit

PHILIPP DEGEN has been told his Anfield career is over.

The Liverpool defender, who has underwhelmed during the two years he has been at the club, does not figure in Roy Hodgson’s plans for the new campaign.

A handful of clubs on the continent have already expressed an interest in Degen – who made just 12 first team appearances – and Hodgson believes it would best for all if he finds pastures new.

“Philipp didn’t get a look in last year and will find it hard to get a look in this year,” said Hodgson.

“If he wants to play regularly, he needs to find a club that will say you are our number one man.

“He’s not going to be the number one man here with us, so does he want another long season playing on the bench not getting any games?

“He’s too old to play for the reserves, he’s an ex-Swiss international and if he wants his international place back, then he is going to have to look elsewhere.”

With Emiliano Insua, Yossi Benayoun and Fabio Aurelio all gone, Degen on his way and Albert Riera soon to follow, Hodgson’s overhaul of Liverpool’s squad is well under way.

“Degen has been involved here because he is one of the few senior players over here,” Hodgson, whose side face FC Grasshopper tonight, continued.

“But he won’t be as involved when the other players return. We have had one or two clubs expressed an interest and it would be better for him to move on.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-26896230/

Liverpool FC News: Gerard Houllier puts the boot into Benitez

GERARD HOULLIER has launched an astonishing attack on former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez by claiming it was he that was largely responsible for the club’s Champions League final triumph in 2005.

And the 63-year-old Frenchman believes the Spaniard was lucky to inherit a club in good health but has ultimately destroyed that legacy for new manager and close friend Roy Hodgson. Speaking of Liverpool’s memorable win over AC Milan five years ago, Houllier said: “Twelve out of 14 in Istanbul were players I had signed or developed. I left Liverpool with a team and in the Champions League. But when you finish seventh with Torres and Gerrard…

“When I came into the changing room in Istanbul some of the players said: ‘Boss, it’s your team’. After Rafa Benitez left this summer, one of the players sent me a message. He said, ‘Boss, he hasn’t beaten you’.”

Houllier believes his pioneering approach during six years at Anfield made life easier when Benitez took over in June 2004. The Frenchman said: “One, the pattern of getting a foreign coach was already accepted. Two, he had a Champions League winning team. Three, the team were already in the Champions League. Four, we had built new facilities. And five, it was a different training routine, different attitude and mentality.

“I claim that we – Phil Thompson, Sammy Lee and the staff – definitely turned it round. The chairman, when I left, said ‘You put the club into the 21st Century’.”

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/ch...9067-26896289/

Liverpool FC News: Gerard Houllier puts the boot into Benitez

GERARD HOULLIER has launched an astonishing attack on former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez by claiming it was he that was largely responsible for the club’s Champions League final triumph in 2005.

And the 63-year-old Frenchman believes the Spaniard was lucky to inherit a club in good health but has ultimately destroyed that legacy for new manager and close friend Roy Hodgson. Speaking of Liverpool’s memorable win over AC Milan five years ago, Houllier said: “Twelve out of 14 in Istanbul were players I had signed or developed. I left Liverpool with a team and in the Champions League. But when you finish seventh with Torres and Gerrard…

“When I came into the changing room in Istanbul some of the players said: ‘Boss, it’s your team’. After Rafa Benitez left this summer, one of the players sent me a message. He said, ‘Boss, he hasn’t beaten you’.”

Houllier believes his pioneering approach during six years at Anfield made life easier when Benitez took over in June 2004. The Frenchman said: “One, the pattern of getting a foreign coach was already accepted. Two, he had a Champions League winning team. Three, the team were already in the Champions League. Four, we had built new facilities. And five, it was a different training routine, different attitude and mentality.

“I claim that we – Phil Thompson, Sammy Lee and the staff – definitely turned it round. The chairman, when I left, said ‘You put the club into the 21st Century’.”

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/ch...9067-26896289/

I love this!

and I still strongly believed its GH's team that won the CL...RB took the credits.

Deregistered

Liverpool FC manager Roy Hodgson shows Philipp Degen the Anfield exit

PHILIPP DEGEN has been told his Anfield career is over.

The Liverpool defender, who has underwhelmed during the two years he has been at the club, does not figure in Roy Hodgson’s plans for the new campaign.

A handful of clubs on the continent have already expressed an interest in Degen – who made just 12 first team appearances – and Hodgson believes it would best for all if he finds pastures new.

“Philipp didn’t get a look in last year and will find it hard to get a look in this year,” said Hodgson.

“If he wants to play regularly, he needs to find a club that will say you are our number one man.

“He’s not going to be the number one man here with us, so does he want another long season playing on the bench not getting any games?

“He’s too old to play for the reserves, he’s an ex-Swiss international and if he wants his international place back, then he is going to have to look elsewhere.”

With Emiliano Insua, Yossi Benayoun and Fabio Aurelio all gone, Degen on his way and Albert Riera soon to follow, Hodgson’s overhaul of Liverpool’s squad is well under way.

“Degen has been involved here because he is one of the few senior players over here,” Hodgson, whose side face FC Grasshopper tonight, continued.

“But he won’t be as involved when the other players return. We have had one or two clubs expressed an interest and it would be better for him to move on.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-26896230/
    WAHHHHHHHHH been dying to hear this !

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast