Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (46!!) Beginning of a brand new era!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! (46!!) Beginning of a brand new era!!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    New sponsor...new manager...what we really need is new ownership...kickout those 2 yanks...
    One can only hope and wish, hopefully the new manager will be able to steady the ship a bit till we get new owners ...

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    One can only hope and wish, hopefully the new manager will be able to steady the ship a bit till we get new owners ...
    Certainly hope so...

the new grey kit for the keepers look like pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    New sponsor...new manager...what we really need is new ownership...kickout those 2 yanks...

we thought u went to support a new team

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    the new grey kit for the keepers look like pyjamas
    u can buy 1 and wear to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    u can buy 1 and wear to sleep.

rumours has it that adidas released a special edition dirty kite g-string collection, a certain individual from Singapore bought all available stock

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    rumours has it that adidas released a special edition dirty kite g-string collection, a certain individual from Singapore bought all available stock
    Someone with a big round tummy!!!
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    maybe i'm reading too much. Rafa signed a 5 yr contract the last time he renewed with Liverpool.

Now he signed a 2 years contract with Inter. if roy hodgson signed for only 2 yrs....

My theory - Rafa wants to come back to Liverpool after the two poor american owners gets replaced.
    pls no more raf999. had enuf of his 4-5-1!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

and i cannot imagine games whereby louya leiva is in the team, dirty kite on the right wing, nab*h ulcer terrorises our own defence!!

now we know why no one knows anything abt it..

new month, mgr, new sponsor, cure symptom no cure cause..
    the club debt was sposedly reduced by 100million to 250ish million last yr this time, and now its back to 350ish.
    how do they count these things? i not eno fingers nor cc eno gstrings!!

ROY HODGSON NAMED LIVERPOOL BOSS

Posted 01/07/10 09:29

New Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has described his appointment as an opportunity that was "absolutely impossible to turn down".

Hodgson was Liverpool's first choice to replace Rafael Benitez after the 62-year-old enjoyed a couple of impressive seasons at Fulham, which culminated in them reaching last season's Europa League final.

Hodgson admitted it had been difficult to leave the west London club, where he had built up a bank of goodwill, but believes taking on the Anfield job will be a highlight of his long and varied managerial career that has included stints in charge of Inter Milan, Blackburn and the Finland national team.

His appointment, on a three-year contract, has already received the backing of club captain Steven Gerrard, and Hodgson is keen to begin the job of reviving the club's on-field fortunes after they finished seventh in the Barclays Premier League table last term.

"I'm extremely proud. The club's tradition in terms of its football and its managers is really second to none and it was an opportunity which was absolutely impossible to turn down," Hodgson told liverpooltv.com.

"I am both proud and excited at the prospect of working as the Liverpool manager.

"I don't think there are many jobs that would have tempted me away from Fulham, to be perfectly honest.

"I had such a good relationship with the chairman and the chief executive, the players were magnificent to work with and everything was as good as it gets, but on the other hand when there was a chance that Liverpool wanted me, and they asked to speak to me, I asked the chairman for permission.

"He wasn't too happy to give it but fortunately for me this job came about and I am really happy to be here.

"It'd be foolish to compare but it'd also be dishonest to say anything other than it's going to be a highlight of my career.

"I have worked long and hard to reach the level I have reached."

Hodgson arrived at the club's Melwood training ground on Thursday morning to meet those players who had returned for the first day of pre-season, although many of the club's stars are still on leave after playing at the World Cup.

He will give his first press conference at 1.30pm at Anfield on Thursday afternoon before meeting with senior players such as Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.

With the futures of Gerrard and star striker Fernando Torres at Anfield a matter of some uncertainty, Hodgson said it would be an immediate priority to ensure they remained.

"It's important, of course. I don't think there's anybody here at the club who would welcome losing them," he said.

"Certainly the fans wouldn't welcome losing them and us as a club I'm sure will do everything we can to make certain they stay with us.

"I'll be trying to persuade them that this is the place to be. I'll ask them to give me a chance to work with you and give us a chance to improve on last season.

"It would be foolish to give guarantees that it's going to happen because I can't speak for the players themselves, but I'll be doing my best to keep them."

He added: "There are a couple of meetings this afternoon with senior players, in particular Steven and Jamie, and I'll contact the rest by telephone.

"I will make certain that before the end of the week I have had a conversation with all of the players to tell them I'm here and am looking forward to welcoming them back when they come."

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    how do they count these things? i not eno fingers nor cc eno gstrings!!

cc can never have enough of his idol's g-strings

HODGSON TO GET 15m TO SPEND - REPORTS

Posted 01/07/10 08:18

Roy Hodgson will reportedly be given 15m to spend when his appointment as Liverpool's new manager is rubber-stamped later this week.

The 62-year-old is poised to be unveiled at Anfield. after a compensation deal was agreed with Fulham. Hodgson is likely to be given a two-year contract with no escape clause to allow him to leave should England come calling, having been touted as a possible successor to Fabio Capello should a dismal World Cup campaign hasten the Italian's exit.

According to reports, Hodgson will be handed a lump sum of 15m for transfers, with his kitty bolstered if - as expected - both Yossi Benayoun and Javier Mascherano depart. It remains unclear, however, whether Hodgson will be given the full proceeds of any sales. The futures of Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres are also clouded in uncertainty.

Top of Hodgson's wish-list is believed to Brede Hangeland, though Liverpool may find Fulham's 10m valuation of the defender prohibitive. A return to Anfield for Danny Murphy, the current Fulham captain, is also thought to appeal, while Gilberto Silva is another reputed target. However, as The Independent notes, 'A bid for the 33-year-old former Arsenal defensive midfielder would reflect the financially straitened times at Anfield.'

There is also the suggestion that Hodgson might not have been Liverpool's first choice.

Marseille president Jean Claude Dassier confirmed that Liverpool requested permission to speak to Didier Deschamps last week, but the Frenchman signed a new deal with the Ligue 1 champions instead.

And Deschamps has hinted that he turned down Liverpool in favour of staying at L'OM, suggesting that his current job was preferable to a move to Anfield.

"I have been contacted by a great club, and of course it leads you to think," he said.

"It was not a money matter. I have always favoured the sporting aspect.

"I have extended, and I am pleased with it. The chairman wanted it. I am always asking for respect from the players, I had to fulfil my commitment."

i wouldn't mind seeing Danny Murphy and Brede Hangeland at Anfield!!

cc can never have enough of his idol's g-strings
    paiseh, i oni keep G-Strings of my favourite gals such as Elva Hsiao, Maggie Q, Jeanette Aw, Paige Chua!!

BROUGHTON: NO REDS BIDS YET

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton has revealed the club have not yet received any bids since they were put up for sale in May by co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

There has been much speculation about who is interested in taking over from the American pair, who finally admitted two months ago they had taken the Reds as far as they could after three turbulent years.

But Broughton said he expected the first serious offers to come in within a couple of weeks and the process would then continue after that with a view to a final sale being completed by August or September.

"There have not been any offers at this stage," said the British Airways chairman who was brought in to oversee the sale.

"There haven't been any offers to turn down and I wouldn't have expected there to have been at this stage.

"There are a number of interested parties but there's no specific deadline on it.

"We are looking to the middle of July-ish for the first round of bids but that's not a final stage - that's a first entry through.

"We're hopeful - and I wouldn't put it any stronger than that - that a deal can be done by the end of the transfer season.

"That was always from the outset a hope rather than necessarily an expectation, because these things can take time.

"We are on course, pretty well, with where we would have expected to be."

Hicks had been quoted as suggesting the asking price for the club could be as high as 800million and they would hold out for the best offer.

However, Broughton - appointed by Barclays Capital - confirmed Hicks and Gillett could not veto a sale and no acceptable figure had been set to sell.

"The process is well under way. The owners have stepped aside, stepped down. I'm overseeing the process and Barclays Capital are running the process," he added.

"The owners can't block the sale of the club. I read all too frequently numbers being floated about in the media, normally associated with Tom Hicks' name. I would like to make it clear there is no number. There is no base line.

"This is a willing buyer, willing seller auction. We will do a deal with what we consider to be the best bidder.

"The best bidder may not be the highest bidder. It's about more than just money.

"It's about stadium development, the team and the whole piece.

"Once we've been through the process, the best bidder gets it."

I am equally hopeful for the new season!!!

not so sure about hangeland
    but murphy return will definitely be a welcome

15million for transfers......
    sad

possible sale of marsh and benayoun....
    haiz... I dun seem to get the sense the marsch is 100% committed to us, so if we get good money, we should let him go, but that means we got to suffer more of louya lucas leiva

it will be a shame if we let Benayoun leave

not so sure about hangeland
    but murphy return will definitely be a welcome
    hangeland is definitely a solid defender. seen him play a couple of times for fulham!

100000000000% better than our favourite Kryptonite and Degenerate combined together!

but 10m GBP... i dun think it is that high for a defender of his quality but sadly, we dun haf that much $$.

danny murphy has always been one of my favourite LFC players.

15million for transfers......
    sad

possible sale of marsh and benayoun....
    haiz... I dun seem to get the sense the marsch is 100% committed to us, so if we get good money, we should let him go, but that means we got to suffer more of louya lucas leiva

it will be a shame if we let Benayoun leave
    i would say that we have to sell mascherano since his heart is with raf999. selling him should net us at least 25mil GBP.

but how much of it will go to the transfer kitty?

benayoun has agreed to move to chel$ki. a pity he is not given a fair crack of the whip at Anfield under raf999!!!

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast