Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

  1. #1

    Default No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

    Hi,
    I will be traveling to Kashmir in october and

    This guy from travel forum stated that,

    Because of the situation in Kashmir, security is extremely tight when you fly from Delhi to Kashmir. When you are at the Delhi airport, do take note of the followings:

    -No cameras, batteries etc are allowed on hand-carried luggages (which has to be as little as possible). These have to be in the check-in luggages. Obviously, dangerous objects are not allowed too.
    - Before loading the check-in luggages onto the plane, the airline will lay them all out in a designated area and you are supposed to identify which ones are your luggages (there will be an annoucement at the airport for you to do so). If you do not identify your luggages, they will not be loaded onto the plane (so this is very important).

    Is that true ?

    Seeking advice from photographers that have been there.

  2. #2

    Default Re: No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

    Bro not sure of the latest, but i went last april the situation is as such:

    can bring camera in but make sure u have ur batt in the camera cuz they will c if it's working. will probably take a shot or 2.

    regarding batteries, if it's not in ur camera they will take it and put in an envelope where u will have to collect it at ur destination.

    For the check-in bags, yes u will need to identify ur bags before they load it up. Else if nobody claim it the bags will stay at the airport. So remember to do this.

  3. #3

    Default Re: No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

    Hi thanks for the advice,
    You mean the airport security will check whether your camera is working?
    Thinking of bringing a dslr and couple of lenses.

  4. #4

    Default Re: No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

    Quote Originally Posted by AdyH View Post
    Bro not sure of the latest, but i went last april the situation is as such:

    can bring camera in but make sure u have ur batt in the camera cuz they will c if it's working. will probably take a shot or 2.

    regarding batteries, if it's not in ur camera they will take it and put in an envelope where u will have to collect it at ur destination.

    For the check-in bags, yes u will need to identify ur bags before they load it up. Else if nobody claim it the bags will stay at the airport. So remember to do this.
    Same here, the rules have been the same when I was there 5 yrs ago.

    Basically no batt in your alarm clock, camera and Hp.
    And must identify the luggage bag before loading into the plane.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

    Quote Originally Posted by cometlevy9 View Post
    Hi thanks for the advice,
    You mean the airport security will check whether your camera is working?
    Thinking of bringing a dslr and couple of lenses.
    i think they scare u put bomb inside the camera haha so test if its a real camera.

  6. #6
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

    God help you if you carry a flash trigger and receiver !!!
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  7. #7

    Default Re: No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

    Seems like security is pretty strict in and around Kashmir. Just asking, is it Pakistan side or India side?

  8. #8

    Default Re: No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

    Its the Indian side, going to ladakh also.

  9. #9

    Default Re: No Camera on hand carry bags on flights to kashmir

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i think they scare u put bomb inside the camera haha so test if its a real camera.
    Don't mind I side track...

    Actually, this is how 2 Al-Qaeda guys killed Ahmed Shah Massoud (aka Lion of Panjshir cum co-leader of the Northern Alliance) - by putting a bomb in their video cam & pretending to be reporters
    hasta la justicia siempre

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •