Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth >> Singapore >> Central
    Posts
    253

    Default Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    as above

    need some enlightenment from seniors here.

    btw any of u guys like to shop online?? as in shop for camera accessories like battery grip, filter, batteries online?
    and one more thing, what kinda dry cabinet are u guys using?? or using dry box with gel??
    Last edited by xmysticalzx; 28th June 2010 at 07:41 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    whats wrong? they are like buy and throw away. so far phottix hasnt been giving me problems. u can try ***********
    instagram: @2ndhandphotog

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by xmysticalzx View Post
    as above

    need some enlightenment from seniors here.

    btw any of u guys like to shop online?? as in shop for camera accessories like battery grip, filter, batteries online??
    Mass sales....

  4. #4

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by xmysticalzx View Post
    as above

    need some enlightenment from seniors here.

    btw any of u guys like to shop online?? as in shop for camera accessories like battery grip, filter, batteries online??
    strangely in the past week this topic was discussed in the last week.

    in the past 1 year, countless.

  5. #5
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    I'd recommend buying from advertisers in Clubsnap.

    Reason is they help us fund for Clubsnap to keep going on free of charge. As such, you may think you are enriching the pockets of advertisers here, but they are helping us to keep accessing Clubsnap at $0.

    PS: I'm using 3rd party battery grip and 3rd party batteries too in it. So far I've had no problem. I'd only recharge once every 1 to 1 1/2 week. Especially since I take out my camera everyday.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth >> Singapore >> Central
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    I'd recommend buying from advertisers in Clubsnap.

    Reason is they help us fund for Clubsnap to keep going on free of charge. As such, you may think you are enriching the pockets of advertisers here, but they are helping us to keep accessing Clubsnap at $0.

    PS: I'm using 3rd party battery grip and 3rd party batteries too in it. So far I've had no problem. I'd only recharge once every 1 to 1 1/2 week. Especially since I take out my camera everyday.
    like??? advertisers in clubsnap??

  7. #7
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    I used phottix batt grip for my 1000D in the past, it does not give me any problems.
    Used 3rd party batteries for my 1000D in the past too, works well does not give any problems.

    Currently using canon BGE2N for my 50D, 1 problem, the connectivity like not very good -.- before shooting need to tighten the grip LOL!.
    with 3rd party batteries again, no problems.
    Moments

  8. #8

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by axis90x View Post
    I used phottix batt grip for my 1000D in the past, it does not give me any problems.
    Used 3rd party batteries for my 1000D in the past too, works well does not give any problems.

    Currently using canon BGE2N for my 50D, 1 problem, the connectivity like not very good -.- before shooting need to tighten the grip LOL!.
    with 3rd party batteries again, no problems.
    strange that originals give problems haha
    instagram: @2ndhandphotog

  9. #9
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by xmysticalzx View Post
    like??? advertisers in clubsnap??
    yes, look them up in Mass sales.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  10. #10
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by magicianhisoka View Post
    strange that originals give problems haha
    maybe that is a rare case and i am so lucky to get it -.-
    Moments

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth >> Singapore >> Central
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    do u guys get 3rd party batt and grips all these??

    just curious...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth >> Singapore >> Central
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    or u guys get the original ones??
    so rich, lol...

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth >> Singapore >> Central
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    one thing to add on,

    are u guys using dry cabinet or dry box with gel??

  14. #14

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Im using both a 3rd party grip and battery with no problems, With regards to storage...I would recommend to use a dry cabinet to save you time and trouble.
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth >> Singapore >> Central
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by jed091270 View Post
    Im using both a 3rd party grip and battery with no problems, With regards to storage...I would recommend to use a dry cabinet to save you time and trouble.
    which 3rd party grip did u get from?? from mass sales??

  16. #16
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by xmysticalzx View Post
    or u guys get the original ones??
    so rich, lol...
    i used before both (: ~ 3rd party and original ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by xmysticalzx View Post
    one thing to add on,

    are u guys using dry cabinet or dry box with gel??
    i am using dry cabinet (: ~

    Quote Originally Posted by xmysticalzx View Post
    do u guys get 3rd party batt and grips all these??

    just curious...
    yup i got 3rd party batt and grips.
    Moments

  17. #17

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by xmysticalzx View Post
    as above

    need some enlightenment from seniors here.

    btw any of u guys like to shop online?? as in shop for camera accessories like battery grip, filter, batteries online?
    and one more thing, what kinda dry cabinet are u guys using?? or using dry box with gel??
    er, i think it depends on what kind of accesories you are talking about, and persoal preference when it comes to the pricing, brand, etc. not many people online sell original battery grips or original batteries, for example.

    dry cabinet. in the long run it is the better choice, less hassle.

  18. #18
    Member Alan Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    i'm using D90 with phottix grip, no issue at all. have not taken it off my camera ever since day one.

    go for dry cabinet, more space and less hassle.
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10

  19. #19
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by xmysticalzx View Post
    as above

    need some enlightenment from seniors here.

    btw any of u guys like to shop online?? as in shop for camera accessories like battery grip, filter, batteries online?
    and one more thing, what kinda dry cabinet are u guys using?? or using dry box with gel??
    I do.. I dun see why there's any issue in doing so if the price is competitive. As accessories usually dont come with warranties. But some for a peice of mind, would prefer to examine the item before commiting to a pruchase.

    Dry Cabinet is much preferred for hassle free operation (u wont have to bother with changing silical gels always in ur dry box)

    Try Akarui/Digi
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth >> Singapore >> Central
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Wise to get 3rd party battery grip and batteries??

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Chan View Post
    i'm using D90 with phottix grip, no issue at all. have not taken it off my camera ever since day one.

    go for dry cabinet, more space and less hassle.
    is the phottix grip good?? do u get it from the mass sales from this forum??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •