Thread: Turkey trip in Nov

Default Turkey trip in Nov

Hi CSers, anyone been to Turkey recently? Thinking of doing a 8-day trip in Nov this year.
    Appreciate advice on places of interest and photo opportunities. Also places to avoid. Things to look out for. Thanks. Fred

Default Re: Turkey trip in Nov

8 days is not a lot for turkey... you could only visit about 3-4 places if you dont want to touch and go..

i would recommend you spending at least 3 days in istanbul..
    i love shooting at the galata bridge area.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/paapoop...7623010805805/

and another place you cant miss is cappadocia, you can spend another 2-3 day there.
    stay in goreme...and take the hotair balloon

and 1 place i would recommend is sanfranbolu, beautiful place, although is a bit out of the way.

i was in turkey last year. basically you have to decide whether you want to visit the western or the eastern part of turkey. i chose the western part.

my itinerary was like this:
    fly to istanbul. caught connecting flight to cappadocia. spent 3 days 2 nights. caught flight to ephesus. 2 days 1 night. and flew to istanbul 4 days 3 nights.

Quote Originally Posted by sf_kang View Post
    Hi CSers, anyone been to Turkey recently? Thinking of doing a 8-day trip in Nov this year.
    Appreciate advice on places of interest and photo opportunities. Also places to avoid. Things to look out for. Thanks. Fred
    Going by tour for 8 days? Pretty rush and even if free & easy, unless you have fixed the places to stay put in.

Was there in Feb this year by tour for 11 days. Did the western route clockwise starting from Istanbul going down south and then going back up to the costal areas then back to Istanbul. Really wore out my butt(averaging 6-10 hrs travelling daily) as we were going by coach around the western part of Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    i was in turkey last year. basically you have to decide whether you want to visit the western or the eastern part of turkey. i chose the western part.

my itinerary was like this:
    fly to istanbul. caught connecting flight to cappadocia. spent 3 days 2 nights. caught flight to ephesus. 2 days 1 night. and flew to istanbul 4 days 3 nights.
    Were you traveling on your own ie non guided tour? Is turkey do-able on your own with TWO kids?

Anyone going for a turkey trip in nov/dec?

Quote Originally Posted by paapoopa View Post
    8 days is not a lot for turkey... you could only visit about 3-4 places if you dont want to touch and go..

i would recommend you spending at least 3 days in istanbul..
    i love shooting at the galata bridge area.

and another place you cant miss is cappadocia, you can spend another 2-3 day there.
    stay in goreme...and take the hotair balloon

and 1 place i would recommend is sanfranbolu, beautiful place, although is a bit out of the way.
    I second that, just got back from Turkey last month
    Oh yea.. the usual tourist place is soooo packed, its like going to a mall.

This one is Ephesus
    Last edited by hanzohattori; 8th September 2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by enkindel View Post
    Anyone going for a turkey trip in nov/dec?
    Are you trying to organize one? I may be interested if I can get away from work. Keep me informed, ok?