View Poll Results: Ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 78.75%
  • No

17 21.25%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

Default Re: Have you ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

jgjonathangoh

Yes, I have encountered some rude comments (my definition of being rude is also pretty wide ). However, when I started out as a newbie in this forum some years ago, most of the forummers are very helpful and nice to my newbie questions. Of course, back then, the resources and discussions on this forum are not as many as now, and Google is not as popular as Yahoo. LOL

Perhaps with the much larger member base now, you have a greater variety of forummers, rather than a smaller, close-knitted and friendly group.

Most important is you get some good replies to answer your questions or at least direct you to the correct resource, amidst the meaningless ones.
    Last edited by hori; 30th June 2010 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    On and off, we too come across rude thread starter, demanding answer like everyone own them.
    speaking of devil

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721612
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

I certainly hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh View Post
    I remember when i was young.. no i mean new in clubsnap.. not that young anymore now haha.. I posted the same thread on 2 different boards in clubsnap because stupid me didnt read the rules and regulations properly . got a infraction point from moderator who kindly merged my 2 threads (thanks a million for your patience). wondering do moderators give them (rude pple) a demerit point too? and how long does that point last before it expires huh?
    sometimes got la.

you can easily read darren's thread on infraction system... although it is not so easy to find..

too lazy to find for you..

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    I have encounter only once and he dare not even swear properly, I have to send him a link to the dictionary.com so he can spell his swear word properly. I pity the fella.
    He might be swearing in French?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperSG View Post
    arrogance about one's knowledge/skills ("your shots lack good composition
    is commenting on composition considered arrogant?
    like that, it is very difficult to share opinions on someone's work.

What i find rude is when someone never even bother to reply/help to TS question but instead criticize other CS members reply on the thread.....
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    is commenting on composition considered arrogant?
    like that, it is very difficult to share opinions on someone's work.
    some people don't post for commentary, they post to stoke their ego, then when it gets dashed, they just emo and either stop posting, or make sure that no one gets to comment.

i say, good riddance!

Quote Originally Posted by RezzShaz View Post
    What i find rude is when someone never even bother to reply/help to TS question but instead criticize other CS members reply on the thread.....
    no, the best ones are those that spend 90% of their clubsnapping lives pointing out that "google is your best friend" doesn't help the threadstarter none (when it does).

the irony is that when it is pointed out that their post doesn't help the threadstarter either, none of them ever reply again.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    members are encourage to do a search inside or outside Clubsnap before asking any questions, it will save yourself and others a lot of troubles.

nevertheless, rude comments to members failing to doing a search before asking questions will not be tolerated.
    If you ask you are only a fool a day..

If you dont ask, you are a fool forever!

We have to be sensitive as we sometimes also ask stupid question dont we?

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    yes, but i don't mind being told that the question is stupid.

there is nothing worse than failing to recognise or acknowledge your own stupidity when it is there, because you will never, ever admit the problem, and you will never get ahead because in your mind, you are the bomb.

let's all be objective, when it comes to others, and ourselves.

"The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for"
    - Ernest Hemingway
    I agree with the second part
    "From the Heart, Through the Lens"

hmm,i have not met with any rude comments before, maybe just some advices that sounds a bit harsh. but hey, they are all useful, so i dun mind if the tone is not that pleasant

Yes. Many rude people in Clubsnap. The rudest ones are those who take the worst pictures... but post so much rubbish until they qualify as Senior Members. They are here to stoke their ego, and not really to learn...

No, haven't got a RUDE comment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RezzShaz View Post
    It's all right to response to a wrong answer ba.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no, the best ones are those that spend 90% of their clubsnapping lives pointing out that "google is your best friend" doesn't help the threadstarter none (when it does).

the irony is that when it is pointed out that their post doesn't help the threadstarter either, none of them ever reply again.
    Sometime, the same question have been posted again and again by a new account users when the answer is easily found in a previous thread or a simple search in google. It feels that the person is lazy to find an answer himself and choose to ask others.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    What seems stupid to you might be tough question to starters. I don't mind answering if user have put some afford in finding an answer first.
    *Holding up high, no spoon feeding section

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Yes. Many rude people in Clubsnap. The rudest ones are those who take the worst pictures... but post so much rubbish until they qualify as Senior Members. They are here to stoke their ego, and not really to learn...
    You mean you can be a senior member just by doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Sometime, the same question have been posted again and again by a new account users when the answer is easily found in a previous thread or a simple search in google. It feels that the person is lazy to find an answer himself and choose to ask others.
    i advocate the creation of FAQs as a skeleton for clubsnap. but this is going to a mass effort from many people and with support by the admin. i will say at this point of time, there is some effort but this need to be more emphasized.

if someone who have the expertise can't be bothered to assist in a FAQ, but would rather spend the bulk of his text to ridicule others, i personally do not think highly of such people, and his or her talent in photography will not be able to amend for the shortcoming in their character. i will rather leave these people out of the circle as there are enough people with talent and decent character.
    Last edited by zoossh; 27th August 2010 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    i advocate the creation of FAQs as a skeleton for clubsnap. but this is going to a mass effort from many people and with support by the admin. i will say at this point of time, there is some effort but this need to be more emphasized.

if someone who have the expertise can't be bothered to assist in a FAQ, but would rather spend the bulk of his text to ridicule others, i personally do not think highly of such people, and his or her talent in photography will not be able to amend for the shortcoming in their character. i will rather leave these people out of the circle as there are enough people with talent and decent character.
    I am not sure about ridicule others. But if such repeated post is spotted, I post some link to past similar question or online source which answer his question. Even so, there are people who ask the same things again as if they never click on the link to read up.

The problem lies in that I or some other CSer found some source to answer what he asked, but some of those who ask (a small number I've seen) doesn't even make effort to click the link and read whats there, the questioner just wants people to try summarise the long answer into simple point for him to read and understand. The thing I am trying to point out is pure laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    You mean you can be a senior member just by doing this?
    Well... there was this senior member who posted a set of badly taken pictures of Blythe dolls, taken with his EF50mm f/1.2L. When asked what he was trying to prove, he replied that he was trying to showcase the capability of his very expensive lens. When fellow members told him, one by one, that his pictures were bad, he said they were not his usual pictures, but it only showed the capability of the lens. I asked him if could show some nice pictures he took with the lens, to which he replied, quite rudely, that he is not obliged to show anyone any pictures.

I did a search on his nick, only to find pictures of badly taken landscapes, etc.

But this particular member, goes around giving photography advice like he is very pro. When anyone dares to correct him, he will attack them rather rudely.

So... how does someone like that become a senior member? Quite simply by posting a lot. Being senior member in this forum is just an indication that the member is very active. You will notice that the best photographers in this forum are not senior members... because they spend more time taking pictures than making posts in this forum.

I strongly believe that there is no need to be rude in a forum. If anyone feels that the question is stupid, then don't answer it. Someone else who has the time and common courtesy will answer it.

Take a look at the reputable forums overseas... They are so much more constructive, encouraging and helpful.

I think the mods should delete replies that say things like "Can't you google it?"... "This has been answered before, go search for it.".. etc. These replies simply don't help.

If you don't have the time to answer the 'stupid' questions, then don't. There is no excuse for being rude.

No. Not yet, at least. I'm always extra careful which thread I post my comments on. And even if I have a burning question and desperately want to start a thread about it, I never dare to. I'd rather Google. A flaw of mine which I can't completely get rid of is I tend to take negative comments personally and get all hot about it, so I just avoid the avertable.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast