View Poll Results: Ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 78.75%
  • No

17 21.25%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

Default Re: Have you ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

On and off, we too come across rude thread starter, demanding answer like everyone own them. Recently there is one guy who post a photo (so so standard one) and start saying his photo is very good, throw out big name that inspire him, at the start time saying all the photo on CS is lousy..... Of course, his stay in CS is less than a few hours.

Those people are not only rude to newbies. If you have not been on CS long enough, check out the threads in Kopitiam around 2006 and 2007 and see their behaviors towards some members, esp. one old member called "student". Those rude people have now been upgraded to "senior members". So you can see the link as to why you notice a lot of rude "experts" here. I really love slamming this group of people as a form of revenge for "student" and other members, so you see why I never get to upgrade to a senior member.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Prieur View Post
    Those people are not only rude to newbies. If you have not been on CS long enough, check out the threads in Kopitiam around 2006 and 2007 and see their behaviors towards some members, esp. one old member called "student". Those rude people have now been upgraded to "senior members". So you can see the link as to why you notice a lot of rude "experts" here. I really love slamming this group of people as a form of revenge for "student" and other members, so you see why I never get to upgrade to a senior member.
    Why? Senior member got discount to xmm shoots?

You must had very bad experience that still traumatise you, that make you want to "revenge".
    Last edited by Leong23; 29th June 2010 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neech7 View Post
    I should say, perfectly intelligent people who decide to act dumb; post dumb replies, start dumb threads, etc.
    Do what I do, give them the benefit of the doubt and view those "intelligent people" as simply dumb instead of rude.

It makes for lowered blood pressure.

In that case you should change your nick to:

Revenge for Student
    Last edited by Sion; 29th June 2010 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    In that case you should change your nick to:

Revenge for Student
    Or to TEACHER

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtansj View Post
    post already then lock?
    lol cos when he never lock, people give bad comments, then his happiness is gone..

Blog Entries

the title "senior member" is a system-generated 'upgrade' when you hit a number of posts. not a title conferred upon you by the Admins.

and i hope you are not on some personal vendetta to seek revenge for Dr Chong (aka student). CS is NOT your playground on some personal crusade.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

you forgot the minimum age requirement too.. guess it's 2 yrs or 3 yrs..

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    the title "senior member" is a system-generated 'upgrade' when you hit a number of posts. not a title conferred upon you by the Admins.

How about Principal

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Or to TEACHER

I remember when i was young.. no i mean new in clubsnap.. not that young anymore now haha.. I posted the same thread on 2 different boards in clubsnap because stupid me didnt read the rules and regulations properly . got a infraction point from moderator who kindly merged my 2 threads (thanks a million for your patience). wondering do moderators give them (rude pple) a demerit point too? and how long does that point last before it expires huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    All are afraid of your 2 lens caps!
    with his laser gun and jade dragon sword

Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh View Post
    I remember when i was young.. no i mean new in clubsnap.. not that young anymore now haha.. I posted the same thread on 2 different boards in clubsnap because stupid me didnt read the rules and regulations properly . got a infraction point from moderator who kindly merged my 2 threads (thanks a million for your patience). wondering do moderators give them (rude pple) a demerit point too? and how long does that point last before it expires huh?
    At other, computer-related forums where I was a moderator, we warned people quite frequently for being rude and those who couldn't help themselves from being rude would take 24 hours away from the forums.

If they really liked the forums, they disliked the inability to interact, so a little time away was enough.

FYI, members can use the report bad post button to report any rude comments if you encounter one.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    At other, computer-related forums where I was a moderator, we warned people quite frequently for being rude and those who couldn't help themselves from being rude would take 24 hours away from the forums.

If they really liked the forums, they disliked the inability to interact, so a little time away was enough.
    i guess u havent ate infractions yet. i ate a few for minor guideline offences already

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i guess u havent ate infractions yet. i ate a few for minor guideline offences already
    I may have something bad on my record, but here, I can't see that kind of thing.

I'm sure if someone thought I was bad enough, I'd know about it, though. I remember having a problem my first few weeks but that was 3 years ago, I guess.

I think it's easy to obey the rules, though.

to be honest, i havent encountered rude comments in the past year since i joined cs. bo liao ones yes, but no personal attacks to me at least.

some of the fellow csers (in an attempt not to break my heart), have even taken the effort to offer me constructive criticisms of my photos through private message, and not on my thread. im definitely okay with them critiquing on the thread itself lah, but i thought the gesture was really nice and thoughtful.

I have encounter only once and he dare not even swear properly, I have to send him a link to the dictionary.com so he can spell his swear word properly. I pity the fella.

Wah... become serious discussion ah?

Well, when I got rude response, most of the time because I ask some "obvious" questions.

After I got the rude remarks I'd normally think: darn how stupid of me not to realise that in the first place.

True that my ego got hurt, but it's a wake up call for me to be more observant, more self reliant, etc.

So far I have not encounter rude but useless remarks. That's why I am still around and quite happy with everyone here.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

so you see why I never get to upgrade to a senior member.
    haha actually it's because you've been on the forum for < 3 years and have made <2000 posts

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast