View Poll Results: Do you bring along your lens cleaning kit overseas?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

174 89.23%
  • No

12 6.15%
  • Maybe

9 4.62%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you bring along your lens cleaning kit?

Default Re: Do you bring along your lens cleaning kit?

I share my experience with you. I went to botanical garden and was taking a picture of some leaves above my head. I looked up and was looking into the viewfinder when suddenly a bird dropped its poo on me. Really like bulls eye. the poo (white, thick but still watery, and still got some insects legs in it )hit my front lens and into the viewfinder and into the gap of the zoom lens. I did not even had a tissue with me. from this on, I always have tissue paper, lens cloth, cleaning pen (double sided. one side brush. the other side cleaner) and cotton buds. they are not that heavy/bulky.

Blower and micro fibre cloth.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

Quote Originally Posted by groupwest View Post
    I share my experience with you. I went to botanical garden and was taking a picture of some leaves above my head. I looked up and was looking into the viewfinder when suddenly a bird dropped its poo on me. Really like bulls eye. the poo (white, thick but still watery, and still got some insects legs in it )hit my front lens and into the viewfinder and into the gap of the zoom lens. I did not even had a tissue with me. from this on, I always have tissue paper, lens cloth, cleaning pen (double sided. one side brush. the other side cleaner) and cotton buds. they are not that heavy/bulky.
    Oh no! A filter might reduce the mess on your lens.
    But how the poo hit the front element and the viewfinder at the same time?
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123