Thread: have anyone went to Bangkok after the incedent?

Default have anyone went to Bangkok after the incedent?

I am thinking about going to Bangkok next month, but i scare the situtation there haven't settle. So if anyone have went there atfer the incedent, could you let me know the situtation there now? Is it still dangerous to go there? Is there any shops open? Is the mall ready for shopper to go?

Thank you so much.
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

Default Re: have anyone went to Bangkok after the incedent?

Friends who went there recently say it's quite safe and yes shops are open.

my fren got a good hotel stay deal!

3D2N for $300+ for Banyan Tree deluxe suite!

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Friends who went there recently say it's quite safe and yes shops are open.
    So happy to know this thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    my fren got a good hotel stay deal!

3D2N for $300+ for Banyan Tree deluxe suite!
    Wow that a great deal, but i don't intend to spend too much on hotel and air. i would rather spend the money on the shopping, cos of GF. She a great spender when come to shopping......
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

It's back to norm...I came back on 14th this month. I walked around in the middle of the night and it was fine.

However, the problem is....nothing's resolved really and it might just flare up again, like what happened some day this week..they found a bomb

It's fine and well to travel there but please do not take things for granted though, the underground movement is still there, just be alert

can drop the idea of going to central world, whole place been seal up except for a part which are open for public viewing...

If peaceful protest is put down violently and cruelly, rural majority enters a silent phase of seething rage over perceived injustice where they are emotionally open to any ideology. An ideologue who convinces 30+million people can mobilise them later and it can be frightful. Now the rural north people are in transactional analysis lingo, "collecting red stamps". In the future anything can happen.

Pol Pot was able to mobilise the Khmer Rouge after Lon Nol took control through the military.

Hitler was able to sell Nazi ideology to Germans who felt bullied by the Versailles settlement.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 26th June 2010 at 12:58 AM.