Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 797

Thread: Newbies Little India Outing 24 Apr 2004

  1. #181
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    dunno...alot of the prints all whitewashed???when i went to botanic gardens after zoo already 6 liao...then like gonna rain..and it did...shag still rain on me...tink how i felt... kaoz.....then the opera ones i took got a few not bad...but the potraits i took backstage all spoilt due to some flash problem...luckily i still got some not bad digital shots....

    eh...prints the overall look abit white means wat...the aperature too big or too small??
    Overall look white? Overexposed huh? Exposure has more to do with shutter speed than aperture right?

    Don't know leh! I'm a newbie lor!!

  2. #182
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    btw...maybe we can start a new GANG here...haha "the raiders'...go to a place...raid it of its photographic culture and leave...move on to next place....hahah
    What? Raid culture? So where's next? Geylang Serai? Chinatown? Or some Ang-moh place, wherever that is...

  3. #183

    Default

    dunno....my shutter put at 1/125 liao leh...the lowest i will go w/o a tripod....got time we go out again then i show u the screwed up roll....worse i hav taken so far....demoralized le....

    ang mo place....haha...where??? next we go cbd in dae.... then night...dunno....i tired of street shots liao...singapore seems to lack in subjects...my serious shots i use my nikon...then the whole dae 10 shots...like nottin to be serious like tt lor... haha....

    trying out model shoot next...

  4. #184
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    dunno....my shutter put at 1/125 liao leh...the lowest i will go w/o a tripod....got time we go out again then i show u the screwed up roll....worse i hav taken so far....demoralized le....

    ang mo place....haha...where??? next we go cbd in dae.... then night...dunno....i tired of street shots liao...singapore seems to lack in subjects...my serious shots i use my nikon...then the whole dae 10 shots...like nottin to be serious like tt lor... haha....

    trying out model shoot next...
    don't want! I don't like to shoot human!

    But apart from street-shoot, what other shot can there be? Go to zoo huh? But not everyone of us have expensive gears that allows zoom-in pictures lor. I don't!

  5. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icer
    Just finished touching up the photos.

    Can die, I took over 160 photos yesterday. Digicam mah........
    I will upload to my photoblog and post the links.....

    wait lah.....me going out soon. No time....
    Wah Lao .... I take 3 hours taking 1 roll in Little India today .... u take 160 shots yesterday

  6. #186

    Default

    zoo....u end up like me..got big arsenal also useless..zoom too much need tripod...no tripod...not sharp...got tripod...stupid animal move....end up whole dae only got zebra and leopard can make it arghhhh......

    summore zoo need to pay 14 dollars to get in..haiz...try models lar....get vamp to wear nicer abit....haha...everyone look more presentable on the dae...then take one another lor....no need make up or anything ....juz...learn to pose and co ordinate model shots how???

    then can get personal portfolio also...

  7. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    don't want! I don't like to shoot human!

    But apart from street-shoot, what other shot can there be? Go to zoo huh? But not everyone of us have expensive gears that allows zoom-in pictures lor. I don't!
    And I am using a 10 year old 2nd hand lens LOL......

  8. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    btw quekky...i like ya esplanade shots...the merlion spitting on the water one nice...and the esplanade at the bottom right wif the super nice sky colour...sad but the two buildings should not have been there....should be the durain and the sky....
    what 2 buildings?

  9. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    zoo....u end up like me..got big arsenal also useless..zoom too much need tripod...no tripod...not sharp...got tripod...stupid animal move....end up whole dae only got zebra and leopard can make it arghhhh......

    summore zoo need to pay 14 dollars to get in..haiz...try models lar....get vamp to wear nicer abit....haha...everyone look more presentable on the dae...then take one another lor....no need make up or anything ....juz...learn to pose and co ordinate model shots how???

    then can get personal portfolio also...
    whoa.. haahah that's a pretty scary idea.. ahha.. hey, but i think it's fun! ahha

  10. #190
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    And I am using a 10 year old 2nd hand lens LOL......
    10 year old 2nd hand lens? Thought you sold all your lens away with your 707si when you gave up on film slr?
    Nothing wrong with a 10year old lens man! Even if it's overgrown with fungus, you would have a special effect soft-filter lens without the soft-filter!

  11. #191
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    zoo....u end up like me..got big arsenal also useless..zoom too much need tripod...no tripod...not sharp...got tripod...stupid animal move....end up whole dae only got zebra and leopard can make it arghhhh......

    summore zoo need to pay 14 dollars to get in..haiz...try models lar....get vamp to wear nicer abit....haha...everyone look more presentable on the dae...then take one another lor....no need make up or anything ....juz...learn to pose and co ordinate model shots how???

    then can get personal portfolio also...
    Okay! Here's an idea... we go to botanic gardens. Shoot flower, someone organise an impromptu model shot (the mistress was doing that with vincent yesterday anyway!), and there might have enough crowd there to shoot some candid as well. How?

    FYI, you don't need super expensive equipment to take flowers lor! You just need a lot of patience!

  12. #192

    Default

    quekky: i tink its number 70 something...u took the esplanade buten there are two very distractin lights behind....top of building the red light for plane i tink

    ozon3: we try to organize one in orchard/esplanade area???take for one another...guys wear T-shirt bring one more collar/non-collar...girls can bring extra spagets....etc etc...like travel light lar...then we play ard...

    wanna start a thread for this??

  13. #193

    Default

    from botanic gardens in the early late morning, to orchard in noon....then esplanade at night...i know all the spots in town...like tt we get everything leh....short of studio tt is..

  14. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    quekky: i tink its number 70 something...u took the esplanade buten there are two very distractin lights behind....top of building the red light for plane i tink

    ozon3: we try to organize one in orchard/esplanade area???take for one another...guys wear T-shirt bring one more collar/non-collar...girls can bring extra spagets....etc etc...like travel light lar...then we play ard...

    wanna start a thread for this??
    know what, i kinda like Cheat's idea more.. how bout we combine cheat and witness's idea and start another thread!! but next week is labour day, and the start of my exams.. so a little too early right?? how bout we starting discussing this then prolly two weeks later then shoot?

    p.s; just got my prints.. not bad!! But cannot show cause no scanner :'(

  15. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    DEATH*
    Posts
    604

    Default

    For those who wanna try processing their B/W films....go to this link.......B/W processing

  16. #196
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    know what, i kinda like Cheat's idea more.. how bout we combine cheat and witness's idea and start another thread!! but next week is labour day, and the start of my exams.. so a little too early right?? how bout we starting discussing this then prolly two weeks later then shoot?

    p.s; just got my prints.. not bad!! But cannot show cause no scanner :'(
    Hi 5! I also have no scanner... even though I'd just developed my film...

    Developing film like not as easy as it seems lor! Khairi, I salute your efficiency!!

  17. #197

    Default

    okok...will start a new thread??? if we got the same size as tt dae...and end up all bring gf/bf and WIVES too...can get alot of model practice...more on the pose and interaction part.... so wat shall we call it???

  18. #198
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vader
    For those who wanna try processing their B/W films....go to this link.......B/W processing
    Wah! You weren't around just now, or else I can seek advice from you. Just gotten the equipment and was like trying to use the film picker in vain for an hour. After getting the film leader, I spend another one and a half hour to put the film into the reel! Shack man!!!

    If you don't believe, you can ask quekky! I was complaining to him like nobody business like that! Anyway, thanks quekky for putting up with me!

  19. #199
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    okok...will start a new thread??? if we got the same size as tt dae...and end up all bring gf/bf and WIVES too...can get alot of model practice...more on the pose and interaction part.... so wat shall we call it???
    Err... "Newbie Outing II"? :bsmile:

  20. #200

    Default

    okok...i will call it aftermath of little india....haha...since i assume u all are now comfortable with one another now...we stick to the same group as the little india trip ok???

    tuesdae i bookin in...so got no time to monitor...cheat u camper here rite...help to spread the word ok...i will start with the tentative details first...

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •