Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone4 is OUT..!!!

Default Re: iPhone4 is OUT..!!!

Well I'm using Android now and yes there is a problem with updates...though people can flash custom ROMs for updates (warranty will be void though - I think, and there is a risk of spoiling your phone if you don't know what you're doing), but other than that I'm pretty satisfied with paying $138 for my Samsung Galaxy Spica which runs Android 2.1 now...Can't access the paid app store though.

Bot my wife an Android phone last mth, HTC Legend. Looks very nice & sleek i like it & she loves it

Btw, how come no one suggest using hand-free or wireless hands-free for the Iphone 4? Juz leave the phone in pocket or bag, let the Bluetooth do the talking

How about this phone?

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    Bot my wife an Android phone last mth, HTC Legend. Looks very nice & sleek i like it & she loves it

Btw, how come no one suggest using hand-free or wireless hands-free for the Iphone 4? Juz leave the phone in pocket or bag, let the Bluetooth do the talking
    A lot of people in the U.S.A. do use Bluetooth headsets but Apple fanatics wouldn't be able to push the phone in your face if it was hidden away in a pocket or briefcase.

Definitely worth it! even if the line is 10x longer.. If it is free..

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Can a phone be worth waiting in a long line?

Hhmm ... any idea when's the Telecos will start taking pre-orders? Nearly got a 3GS earlier in the year ...

Nice phone.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    How about this phone?
    lol, damn sarcastic. i like.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Hhmm ... any idea when's the Telecos will start taking pre-orders? Nearly got a 3GS earlier in the year ...
    M1 & Starhub has started collecting public interest since last week, same like SingTel did it for 3GS.

Click on the image above.

I heard M1 will bring in iPhone 4 first to Singapore this time.

I just sold my 3GS and bought HTC Desire. Love my new toy.
    Last edited by nirenj; 27th June 2010 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    A lot of people in the U.S.A. do use Bluetooth headsets but Apple fanatics wouldn't be able to push the phone in your face if it was hidden away in a pocket or briefcase.
    WHAT??!! U r going to smash the phone on my face??

Smashing Pumpkins I've heard before but smashing apples.... This is the 1st time... HAHAHAHA!!!

(PS. In case anyone is wondering, Smashing Pumpkins was a rock band but has since disbanded)

Thanks nirenj!

Quote Originally Posted by nirenj View Post
    M1 & Starhub has started collecting public interest since last week, same like SingTel did it for 3GS.

Click on the image above.

I heard M1 will bring in iPhone 4 first to Singapore this time.

I just sold my 3GS and bought HTC Desire. Love my new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    WHAT??!! U r going to smash the phone on my face??

Smashing Pumpkins I've heard before but smashing apples.... This is the 1st time... HAHAHAHA!!!

(PS. In case anyone is wondering, Smashing Pumpkins was a rock band but has since disbanded)
    Then, Smashing Pumpkins is only a rock now since the band was disbanded?

Sorry, but I'm not an Apple fanatic. Those people really scare me. I'm surprised they haven't killed someone over negative (and truthful at times) things that are sometimes said about Apple.

There was a person in the Apple store alongside me at the Genius Bar and he had the phone a few cm from my face. "Isn't it great? I think it's so great. It's the best phone in the world. I wanted this phone so bad and now I've got one. Isn't it great?"

I think I replied to him "It may be great but see my phone? I have 3G data access and have since last year and I tether to my computer. Good luck getting that."

Today my friend showed me a malaysia's chinese paper about America,england etc. Complaining abt the Iphone 4. Its written in chinese so dun understand but he said they complained about bad signals and crack LCD Screen on the low right side due to its design. Dunno issit true or not.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

i still dont know what is the buzz about iphones. further iphone 4 looks the same as your iphone 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Today my friend showed me a malaysia's chinese paper about America,england etc. Complaining abt the Iphone 4. Its written in chinese so dun understand but he said they complained about bad signals and crack LCD Screen on the low right side due to its design. Dunno issit true or not.
    Some have discoloured displays on the lower right edge. Apparently, the factory is not giving them sufficient time to dry and everything is turning to normal after a couple of days.

Hold the I4 in the wrong way and signal will drop from full to searching for network! You can google it esp in Youtube. Apple claim 4.01 will solve the problem but some say likely not becoz this is a hardware problem. There are also reported wifi problems. Better wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by ddwmk2002 View Post
    Hold the I4 in the wrong way and signal will drop from full to searching for network! You can google it esp in Youtube. Apple claim 4.01 will solve the problem but some say likely not becoz this is a hardware problem. There are also reported wifi problems. Better wait and see...
    When you bridge both antennas, you make the antenna longer, and the frequency it can receive is dependent on this length. Longer it is, wrong freq is gotten, thus no signal.
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by agentxq49 View Post
    When you bridge both antennas, you make the antenna longer, and the frequency it can receive is dependent on this length. Longer it is, wrong freq is gotten, thus no signal.
    I ain't no expert but...this doesn't sound as though it can be solve by a firmware upgrade...

It looks like a design issue...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by agentxq49 View Post
    i don't think that is the real problem.

most likely the impedance is screwed up becos of the bridging.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12