Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

  1. #1

    Default Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Hi there, anyone can recommend a good holder for CF cards, something like the Pixel Pocket Rocket?

    Btw, where could I get a Pixel Pocket Rocket at a good price?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanlcl View Post
    Hi there, anyone can recommend a good holder for CF cards, something like the Pixel Pocket Rocket?

    Btw, where could I get a Pixel Pocket Rocket at a good price?

    Thanks!
    I have this, you can get it from TK photo.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Thanks catchlights.

    Btw, where's T K Photo (it's T K Foto Technic right?) located? I checked the web and saw one at Shaw Towers and one at Funan so not sure which is which.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanlcl View Post
    Thanks catchlights.

    Btw, where's T K Photo (it's T K Foto Technic right?) located? I checked the web and saw one at Shaw Towers and one at Funan so not sure which is which.
    Funan. TK used to be @ Shaw Towers

  5. #5

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Thanks mod101!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    I use this. I think $20~ from Cathay. I can fit in 14 CF Cards and 3 SD Cards –*I bet I can still put in more.


  7. #7

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Quote Originally Posted by rendition View Post
    I use this. I think $20~ from Cathay. I can fit in 14 CF Cards and 3 SD Cards *I bet I can still put in more.

    Pls pardon the stupid noob question, but do you still need/safe to keep your CF card in the plastic casing when its in this pouch?

    Txs in advance for the advice.

  8. #8
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Treetrunk View Post
    Pls pardon the stupid noob question, but do you still need/safe to keep your CF card in the plastic casing when its in this pouch?

    Txs in advance for the advice.
    I'm using that too.But i don't put my SD cards in plastic casings

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Treetrunk View Post
    Pls pardon the stupid noob question, but do you still need/safe to keep your CF card in the plastic casing when its in this pouch?

    Txs in advance for the advice.
    just thinking I would rather safe keep in pockets of the bag, since the CF plastic case is already compact, need not to get another separate pouch. I'm afraid when place every cards in the pouch, what happens if i misplaced the pouch!

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    is more organized to use a memory card wallet, so you will know if there is any card missing, beside, you can also know which card is used and unused by place the cards front facing or back facing in the wallet.

    btw, you can just store the memory card in the wallet directly, don't need the casing anymore.

    the CF cards is rather robust, this is a truth case happen in CS, a pros left the CF card in his pants after an assignment, and the pants washed in the washing machine overnight, the CF card survived, and the files is still readable the nextday morning.

    but please DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    No la... no need those plastic cases which I throw away once I got a new card. Too lay chay lah and btw, the LowePro above is padded.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Thks all for your advice. Will go down TK to get one this weekend.

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Treetrunk View Post
    Thks all for your advice. Will go down TK to get one this weekend.
    Might wanna try CP too.I remember seeing this there

  14. #14

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Might wanna try CP too.I remember seeing this there
    Sure thing. Thks Cleonbus.

  15. #15
    Member Dylan1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    691

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    i actually got the sandisk casing as free gift when i purchase my drybox from CP few months ago.



    its a hardcase with pockets inside that suit CF, SD.
    not sure where to get though, probably can try CP see whether they still have it

  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Recommendation for a CF card holder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1987 View Post
    i actually got the sandisk casing as free gift when i purchase my drybox from CP few months ago.



    its a hardcase with pockets inside that suit CF, SD.
    not sure where to get though, probably can try CP see whether they still have it
    This is a free gift when you get certain Sandisk memory cards.I think one of the advertisers in mass sales has this

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •