Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low Euro, what to buy from Europe?

Default Re: Low Euro, what to buy from Europe?

• Luxury goods (All the LV and Prada would be cheaper there, I suppose)
    • Air Tickets (European airline of course)
    • Travel (Cheaper hotel, food, transportation)

Here's perhaps the more practical recommendation. I don't think Cycle and Carriage or PML is going to lower the price they are just going to earn more, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    a lady would know better. Other than LV, what's good?
    Dunno leh. I'm an LV virgin until tmr when he hands me the goods.

Ok lah, French brands: Longchamp (guys, its pronounced as long-shomp), Agnes B (again guys, its pronounced as A-nia-Bay), LV (guys if you pronounce the "Louis" as "Lewis", smack ur heads ah) etc.

Italian brands (somehow italian brands, you pronounce it as u see it): Ferragamo, Gucci etc
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post

Ok lah, French brands: Longchamp (guys, its pronounced as long-shomp), Agnes B (again guys, its pronounced as A-nia-Bay), LV (guys if you pronounce the "Louis" as "Lewis", smack ur heads ah) etc.

Italian brands (somehow italian brands, you pronounce it as u see it): Ferragamo, Gucci etc
    haha, somehow it's true. You still have heard some of the Malaysian like me pronounce all this name at the first time......
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Oh, I know what I want already...

Vuvuzela!
    plsss....this one is from Africa. Nothing to do with Europe or Euro. Don't anyhow humtum.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    buy a castle, so you can have all the XMM model shoots you wanted and also rent it out to other photographers..

When photographer meets model
    plsss...I got standard one. Not just any XMM. Must be Lin Zhiling or lookalikes. You think I am Hugh Hefner, anyone who would strip can get into my castle, huh?

Thanks kopilady for educating our bonjour and merci. As you can see, most guys are only concern about whether french fries are from France, and not really concern about Longchamp is pronounced as long-shomp or long-shlong.

On 2nd thoughts, I would think buying from Europe would still be expensive because of the VAT which can be as high as 17%. So have to buy online....maybe need to take a look at ebay to see what others are buying.

On 2nd thoughts, I would think buying from Europe would still be expensive because of the VAT which can be as high as 17%. So have to buy online....maybe need to take a look at ebay to see what others are buying.
    No leh, deduct everything, I paid like only about 2/3 of the price here in SG. Checked everything at the Sg boutique, held the bags, walked ard the store like a cmi model oso...

Thanks kopilady for educating our bonjour and merci. As you can see, most guys are only concern about whether french fries are from France, and not really concern about Longchamp is pronounced as long-shomp or long-shlong.
    Btw, its k-o-p-l-a-d-y, not kopi-lady. I dun drink kopi leh. Actually "kop-lady" coz I'm a huge fan of Liverpool and their fans who sit in Anfield to watch them are called "The Kop".

Blog Entries

gitzo tripods
    manfrotto tripods
    leica stuff

branded bags (LV, armani etc).....watches....

Can claim VAT before departing the airport, but i heard taht sometimes u need to pay GST at the airport here coz ur goods exceeded 400 dlrs liao

No leh, deduct everything, I paid like only about 2/3 of the price here in SG. Checked everything at the Sg boutique, held the bags, walked ard the store like a cmi model oso...
    Quote Originally Posted by mayngbt View Post
    Can claim VAT before departing the airport, but i heard taht sometimes u need to pay GST at the airport here coz ur goods exceeded 400 dlrs liao
    So even after VAT still cheaper than Sin. Then the Sin distri better do something about it. Anyone doing MO on branded goods. I can do with a new wallet.

Btw, its k-o-p-l-a-d-y, not kopi-lady. I dun drink kopi leh. Actually "kop-lady" coz I'm a huge fan of Liverpool and their fans who sit in Anfield to watch them are called "The Kop".
    Kop, of course. I'll be a liverpool fan again if they rehire Kenny the King as the manager. Else no, they shall walk alone and far away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    gitzo tripods
    manfrotto tripods
    leica stuff
    Gitzo....hmm....good idea. But Gitzo do not sell direct and the prices are very much controlled.

How come no one mentioned watches. I can do with some Geneva timepiece. I think I will choose this over wallet....now what is good and affordable?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 24th June 2010 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    Nespresso machine!!
    I need more capsules.

Kop, of course. I'll be a liverpool fan again if they rehire Kenny the King as the manager. Else no, they shall walk alone and far away from me.
    He's do good for a short stint to gel the players back together, esp for Gerrard. Other than that, he doesn't have that much of a coaching record. Of coz, it wun hurt if suddenly his tactics come to work eventually.

He's do good for a short stint to gel the players back together, esp for Gerrard. Other than that, he doesn't have that much of a coaching record. Of coz, it wun hurt if suddenly his tactics come to work eventually.
    Kenny Dalglish got no coaching records! OMG, you know who won 3 leagues titles and 2 FA cups for the Kops during the 80s? The Liverpool under him is like the Barcelona of today. Total football. The year he moved to Blackburn, they won the league title. The year he moved to Newcastle, they finished 2nd. But the game has changed since then. I would like to see him managed a modern team.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 25th June 2010 at 05:36 AM.

Kenny Dalglish got no coaching records! OMG, you know who won 3 leagues titles and 2 FA cups for the Kops during the 80s? The Liverpool under him is like the Barcelona of today. Total football. The year he moved to Blackburn, they won the league title. The year he moved to Newcastle, they finished 2nd. But the game has changed since then. I would like to see him managed a modern team.
    Aiyah, done are those days la. Right now, money matters. Or a coach that throws boots and give hairdryer treatments to his players.

*Watching Chile vs Spain now and very frustrated at Torres and disappointed with Alonso's WC form*

*Watching Chile vs Spain now and very frustrated at Torres
    Now I know why u r a Liverpool fan. Anyway, not to turn this into a football thread. You can buy a Jubalani ball and rip it to shreads. This ball + the vuluzela horny ruined my world cup experience.

Back to what to buy from Europe. So far the lists are

- LV, Longchamp, Agnes B, Ferragamo, Gucci, etc branded bags. BTW, all brands listed here are either French or Italian. Not exactly your flavour of the month.
    - Tag Heuer, Rolex, IWC, etc Geneva watches
    - Gitzo tripod
    - Nesspresso coffee maker
    - Leica M9
    - Travel to Europe

Anything new to add? Are De Beer diamonds cheaper in Europe?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 26th June 2010 at 02:24 PM.

convert your money into Euro and keep it for saving!!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    convert your money into Euro and keep it for saving!!! :P
    I dare not. I suspect that this currency will dissolve. I think the lesser countries are leeching off the richer ones. I don't think that is healthy and sustainable in the long run. Better to convert to RMB. There is only one way RMB can go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast