Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Iphone replacement myth

  1. #1

    Default Iphone replacement myth

    Like to share some info I got regarding Iphone replacement by our local Telco. This information maybe old, or some might know about it or best some was not aware.

    Today I send in my iphone to singtel for servicing. The phone battery is weak, can't hold the charge and the "home" button was kind of spoil. Its still under warranty so I believe replacement should not be any issue. But, no ... i learn something new today. Singtel staff use touch light to shine at some part of my phone.






    The staff are looking at those 2 places. The charging point and the headphone jack. if EITHER one of those part show a red or pink, then the set is contaminate with water. Warranty instance void. No contest. IF want repair, one have to fork out $320 for replacement. (refer to pic above).

    During tat time, one ang mo's was complain about this issue. He was asking how they know if its water, it might be just sweat. The manager come out and explain to him nicely about this issue. he suck thumb and pay for replacement.


    Following are information i ask on the Singtel staff.

    1) If i got sweaty hands and phone got sweat inside ---> warranty void
    2) if i come out for cold place to hot place and there is condensation ----> filter not so easy turn color if its turn pink, warranty void
    3) if i want to escalate to apple how ----> singtel will take photo of the phone, send pic to apple and take 2 to 3 weeks before result back. usually about 90% will void warranty.
    4) how come local can't open the phone to inspect ----> its apple rule and regulation, they don't allow other ppl to open iphone. therefore only allow 1 to 1 replacement.

    for those going to send in for replacement, do check first and get prap ... same goes to those who thinking of buying 2nd iphone, this apply too .... :P



    ***** following information was request by one of a fellow CSean asking me to share with everyone ************

  2. #2

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Thanks for sharing

    Will inform my firends who are using iPhone.
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

  3. #3

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    cool ...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Yeah. the 2 places they look for is called the LSI stands for, Liquid Submerssion Indicator. Think they want to catch those who accidentally dipped their phones into the water or has got it wet while they claimed they didn't. so.. keep your phones as dry as possible!! Don't think the indicator will turn red/pink that easily..
    Licence to shoot.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    keep it really dry .... those who wearing iphone while jogging have to pay extra care now. as long it got wet .. thats it .. that poor ang mo really piss by apple's policy but there is nothing he can do. So he suck thumb lor.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    I don't think it's Apple policy but rather if Singtel can do anything about it.

    I had a friend who's iphone glass cover cracked 3 times and Starhub gave out a new/refurb set everytime. So just makes me wonder, how generous Singtel can be for something that you did not do.

  7. #7
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post

    ***** following information was request by one of a fellow CSean asking me to share with everyone ************
    knn like that also must mention.

    i had siemen s65 iirc the model, never drop and kana water splash, but after 1/2yr battery cant hold charge, still under warranty so bring for service, the guy over the counter open the h/p, inside also has a LSI that turned red. so i also kana suck thumb.
    Last edited by denniskee; 23rd June 2010 at 11:46 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  8. #8
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    I don't think it's Apple policy but rather if Singtel can do anything about it.

    I had a friend who's iphone glass cover cracked 3 times and Starhub gave out a new/refurb set everytime. So just makes me wonder, how generous Singtel can be for something that you did not do.
    wah!!! ur friend is iphone jinx
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    I don't think it's Apple policy but rather if Singtel can do anything about it.

    I had a friend who's iphone glass cover cracked 3 times and Starhub gave out a new/refurb set everytime. So just makes me wonder, how generous Singtel can be for something that you did not do.
    crack should not be any issue. maybe its know fact for bad material use. Anyway case by case lor.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    knn like that also must mention.

    i had siemen s65 iirc the model, never drop and kana water splash, but after 1/2yr battery cant hold charge, still under warranty so bring for service, the guy over the counter open the h/p, inside also has a LSI that turned red. so i also kana suck thumb.
    of course, have to give him credit keep bugging me to post it ...


    LSI turn red in SG should be common cos of the high humidity, so what to do .. ur issue i also encounter b4 .. same lor .. siemen phone, i just snap the phone into 2 infront of the service manager and walk off. from that time i dont buy siemen phone anymore.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Apple is so cunning.

  12. #12
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Thanks for the information. Even though you did not drop the iPhone into the toiletbowl or holding it with sweaty plam. Rain or storm will also wet the phone (I see Orchard road in the headphone jack )

    BTW, I like the technology "Liquid Submerssion Indicator" time to recommend it to my R&D department.

    Best way is to get THIS
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  13. #13

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Recommended way of using the iPhone :

    1) headphone must be plugged in at all times
    2) charger must also be plugged in at all times, whether charging or not

    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

  14. #14
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    Recommended way of using the iPhone :

    1) headphone must be plugged in at all times
    2) charger must also be plugged in at all times, whether charging or not

    3) Keep the Iphone inside dry cabi when not in use.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    thats a good one .. let dry box dry the iphone when not in use

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    A friend of mine lagi worse.. Dropped the whole iphone into sea water. Indeed the phone indicates that it has soaked in water before.
    LL so.. he paid for another new iphone.. Can't runaway..
    Nikon D90 Kit | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon IXUS 950IS | http://baconslh.blogspot.com

  17. #17

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    3) Keep the Iphone inside dry cabi when not in use.
    4) Keep iPhone in zipploc bag with silica gel or dry hippo (or is it wet hippo ) ) when going shopping
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jalan Poonpipi
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    On the other hand, got to be fair to the equipment supplier.

    If they allow consumer to anyhow claim one-to-one replacement, then, the cost will go up sky-high. In the end, we will pay much higher for the same phone.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Isn't a HP supposed to be on standby duty 24/7 meh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    3) Keep the Iphone inside dry cabi when not in use.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Iphone replacement myth

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post


    Following are information i ask on the Singtel staff.

    1) If i got sweaty hands and phone got sweat inside ---> warranty void
    2) if i come out for cold place to hot place and there is condensation ----> filter not so easy turn color if its turn pink, warranty void
    3) if i want to escalate to apple how ----> singtel will take photo of the phone, send pic to apple and take 2 to 3 weeks before result back. usually about 90% will void warranty.
    4) how come local can't open the phone to inspect ----> its apple rule and regulation, they don't allow other ppl to open iphone. therefore only allow 1 to 1 replacement.
    wow, if that is the case, the telcos should have let us check first when we buy the phone, who knows if the LSI are already red when we receive the phone without realizing such things exist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •