Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

  1. #1

    Default Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Hi all,
    Quick introduction; Putu Adi - originally from Bali - current residence in South Sulawesi Indonesia. I'll be in Singapore for a month and looking for an advice for the best photo spot around Beach Road - I stay in one of the hotel over there.

    I've traveling around the city and just take one area to shot - the Marina Bay.
    I put it here.

    I heard there will be Singapore river festival. I thing this a good time to get a culture side picture of Singapore.

    Nice to see you all,
    Putu Adi - adiartana(at)gmail.com
    Last edited by adiartana; 23rd June 2010 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Welcome to Singapore & Clubsnap! =)

    the River fest would be great for some photo-takings,
    and u might wanna consider heading to the skygarden at marina bay sands after the 24th when it's open to the public.

  3. #3
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Hi Putu,

    Firstly, welcome to Clubsnap. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

    Good to hear that you'll be staying here for a month. There are many places to go shooting in Singapore. If you like you could also try joining the outings that will be planned by several members in the Outings forum.

    Maybe we could stay in touch, and when you get here, we can meet for some shooting sessions with the rest of the members!

    You can send me a private message with information regarding your stay, like from when to when, and possibly link you up with several members who may reside around the area your putting up.

    Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Welcome to CS

  5. #5

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Wow. What a quick reply.
    Thanks for the warm welcome to all. Yes I'm planning here for a month and today is the second week. I would love to go out with you all. I will keep monitoring the outing corner.

    Yes, we should keep in touch. In case you planning to go to Bali or to South Sulawesi - please don't hesitate to contact me.

    You can visit this link and this link - for some picture taken in South Sulawesi.

    Regards,
    Putu Adi

  6. #6
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Welcome to CS
    A month stay is not too long & not too short. You'll have time to visit some nice places here to shoot. Enjoy your stay
    Take the shot!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    welcome to CS.
    just keep refreshing the outing section, maybe you will find out one that fit with your schedule.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.4

  8. #8
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Quote Originally Posted by kurniled View Post
    welcome to CS.
    just keep refreshing the outing section, maybe you will find out one that fit with your schedule.
    Wah...you think outing forum is B&S meh?Outing is not as popular as B&S leh...

    New outings will only come up once or twice every 2 weeks or so

  9. #9
    Member voxies09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    1st selamat datang.. haha welcome to CS..

    btw, i saw your picture, did you use all 3 flashes for those photo? what's the shutter speed?
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

  10. #10

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    hello...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    welcome to cs!

  12. #12
    Member FADZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Hi.. Welcome...

  13. #13
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Quote Originally Posted by adiartana View Post
    Hi all,
    Quick introduction; Putu Adi - originally from Bali - current residence in South Sulawesi Indonesia. I'll be in Singapore for a month and looking for an advice for the best photo spot around Beach Road - I stay in one of the hotel over there.

    I've traveling around the city and just take one area to shot - the Marina Bay.
    I put it here.

    I heard there will be Singapore river festival. I thing this a good time to get a culture side picture of Singapore.

    Nice to see you all,
    Putu Adi - adiartana(at)gmail.com
    Apa Kabar Adi.

    There are many places to take photos in Singapore, not just beach road. Singapore is very small and very easy to get around. tons of photo opportunities. Welcome to Singapore and have fun.

  14. #14
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Are you interested in a sunrise shoot at Esplanade tomorrow? Let me know.

    Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Welcome

  16. #16

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Quote Originally Posted by voxies09 View Post
    1st selamat datang.. haha welcome to CS..

    btw, i saw your picture, did you use all 3 flashes for those photo? what's the shutter speed?
    Hi,
    Yes I use 3 flashes and a mini tripod. For all shot at the night - I mostly used 10 seconds and aperture smaller than F/10. And rear curtain flash - just to ensure the shutter already closed.

    Thanks,
    Putu Adi
    http://adiart.us

  17. #17

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Welcome to CS
    NIKON D90+MB-D80 | Nikkor 50 1.8 1:1.8 | Tamron 18-270VC |Tamron 17-50 2.8 |SB600

  18. #18

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Apa Kabar Adi.

    There are many places to take photos in Singapore, not just beach road. Singapore is very small and very easy to get around. tons of photo opportunities. Welcome to Singapore and have fun.
    Thanks dare devil,
    Kabar baik. Surely will get around soon.



    -----------------------------
    Portfolio - Nikon D40, Tokina 12-24, Nikkor 50/1.4, Nikkor 300/F4.5, Nikkor 18-55, Nikkor 55-200

  19. #19
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Newbie - Introduction to ClubSNAP

    Welcome welcome to CS
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •