Thread: For events that are like once a blue moon.

Default For events that are like once a blue moon.

Would you pay more for a Casetrust and Company registered photographer for added assurance of quality?

or look high and low for a Casetrust and Company registered photographer who would work at the rate of a freelance photographer....
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: For events that are like once a blue moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Would you pay more for a Casetrust and Company registered photographer for added assurance of quality?
    didn't realize that a "Casetrust and Company registered photographer" has better quality. How can I go about registering with casetrust, so that my clients will know that I have quality?

freelance ≠ low cost

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    freelance ≠ low cost
    i agree with this one

and if u have such a event, u will probably be getting an army of photographers. yog youth photographer army is a strong 150, with at least 30 of the generals armed with 70-200 f2.8 lenses

Woah! I didn't know there are Casetrust registered photographers!

if company has not hire photographer before, usually will seek recommendations from people in their similar trade.

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I've heard of photographers association but nt casetrust photographer. I believe more on word of mouth and looking at the pg's work for his style before hiring. Acredited or nt is really nt impt/accurate to me. Coz smtms, I feel sm are too comercial for my liking.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post

or look high and low for a Casetrust and Company registered photographer who would work at the rate of a freelance photographer....
    yes I personally would if its a company event and I have no wish to end up a Dead Hero trying to save a few bucks for my company and risk even bigger reprecussions on myself if anything screws up (even if not accredited with Casetrust, the photog should at least be operating as a registered business) .......... BECAUSE it is a business transaction .....that will hopefully/likely turn out well without any problems ........ or at least have less headache in dispute resolution if things go wrong.......

not because you get better images vs a freelancer........

But of course, different persons and different organizations with have different levels of expectations, budgets and requirements .... thus both freelancers and photog businesses will occupy their own niches in this world without killing one another

Quote below from CaseTrust website............

"CaseTrust is the accreditation arm of the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE), and is Singapore's de facto standard for companies who wish to demonstrate their commitment to fair trading and transparency to consumers.... working hand-in-hand with many companies to raise the industry standards. "

"As a consumer, when you walk into a CaseTrust shop, you can shop to your heart’s content, assured that what you see is what you get. Even if there are problems later, you can resolve it with confidence because when something unfortunate happens, the company is committed to resolving the dispute in a timely and fair manner.

In the event that the dispute is unresolved, consumers can always approach CASE for help. Our Consumer Relations Officers will be able to advise them of their rights and assist them to resolve the matter with the company concerned.

If necessary, our company can further arrange for a mediation session between the consumer and the company. The session will be conducted by trained mediators who will assist both parties in arriving at a win-win situation. Sounds good? If so, do click on our individual accreditation schemes for more information. "
    Last edited by ed9119; 24th June 2010 at 12:14 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

What is Casetrust really? A piece of paper similar to ISO9001, obviously easy to get and useless in the end when it comes to really ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. Enough cases of Sim Lim shops with that logo cheating customers who were shopping "to their heartís content" and ISO certificates for small shops.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    What is Casetrust really? A piece of paper similar to ISO9001, obviously easy to get and useless in the end when it comes to really ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. Enough cases of Sim Lim shops with that logo cheating customers who were shopping "to their heartís content" and ISO certificates for small shops.
    Same sentiments. Disappointed by CASE a couple of times already which made me feel they are rather powerless in many areas. Anyway, ISO certification is expensive...so it at least shows a company's financial credibility.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    yes I personally would if its a company event and I have no wish to end up a Dead Hero trying to save a few bucks for my company and risk even bigger reprecussions on myself if anything screws up (even if not accredited with Casetrust, the photog should at least be operating as a registered business) .......... BECAUSE it is a business transaction .....that will hopefully/likely turn out well without any problems ........ or at least have less headache in dispute resolution if things go wrong.......

not because you get better images vs a freelancer........

But of course, different persons and different organizations with have different levels of expectations, budgets and requirements .... thus both freelancers and photog businesses will occupy their own niches in this world without killing one another.
    I agreed with this, although there are countless of other non-accredited companies or even free-lancers can perform better and at a lower rate.....but company event, better cover your own back. Anything happen, easier to answer to bosses.