Thread: That ONE book

Smile That ONE book

What's that one book you will bring with you on a long trip? (The answer "guidebook" is banned.)

That one long trip is a time for reflection on all the stupid thgs u did/are still doing, how do you want to change your life, whom u've stopped hating and wish you could start talking to again, if you are where you want to be...and yes, taking pictures.

So what will be that one book u will bring along with you? I'm thinking along the lines of The Alchemist, Dharma Sutra for some, the Bible for others, the Koran for still others, Philosophy in the Simpsons (and since Im gng to China), something on cultural revolution or the ancient history of china.

(ok, aside from "guidebook", "journal" and "tips to avoid touts"-related answers are not encouraged too )

Notebook with wireless Internet access!

Quote Originally Posted by usherer
    What's that one book you will bring with you on a long trip? (The answer "guidebook" is banned.)

That one long trip is a time for reflection on all the stupid thgs u did/are still doing, how do you want to change your life, whom u've stopped hating and wish you could start talking to again, if you are where you want to be...and yes, taking pictures.

So what will be that one book u will bring along with you? I'm thinking along the lines of The Alchemist, Dharma Sutra for some, the Bible for others, the Koran for still others, Philosophy in the Simpsons (and since Im gng to China), something on cultural revolution or the ancient history of china.

(ok, aside from "guidebook", "journal" and "tips to avoid touts"-related answers are not encouraged too )
    "The D70 Manual"

...... ......

I take my hat off.
    That was ONE book I didnt consider!

ANyway, other topics, aside from the more spiritual /history stuff, can be:
    visual communication
    psychology
    self-help bks (like, How To Survive Without a Yuan to Ur Name in China..)

or books like dissecting the Matrix?

Any inspiration?Hit that reply button!

"300D for Dummies"

i prefer mp3player =)

I think my Notebook with wireless Internet access can do all the above and more ...

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    I think my Notebook with wireless Internet access can do all the above and more ...
    Yeah... but still need to find a wireless hotspot leh!

Quote Originally Posted by SzennyBoy
    Yeah... but still need to find a wireless hotspot leh!
    Ya hor ...