Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any recommended tripod

Default Re: any recommended tripod

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Please note the 2 above ballhead models are being replaced with 496 and 498 respectively. Looks cooler, and now comes with an additional friction knob

For the manfrotto ballheads, there are a few options in terms of quick release mount, the most common being RC2. If you want a acraswiss type clamp, you can unscrew (with some force) the original clamp and screw on your own QR clamp. Recommended replacement will be Kirk QR clamp.
    Anyone carry this brand in Singapore. Which one to replace 488rc2 plate?
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Maybe a blessing in disguise.

410 is expensive and heavy for a reason. It is very good if you want very precise composition adjustments. If you change your angle a lot in your shooting, it is actually quite a bit of hassle. I think the 410 would be great for architecture shots where precision counts. But it is a monster, at 1.2 kg for the head alone. If you are a more general shooter, a ball head would be best. A pan head will be not bad also, if you shoot landscapes a lot more than anything else.

Kurni, get the 498 or 496. These new ones come with friction control even my old 488 doesn't come with.
    thx for the input daredevil123, since I prefer the manfrotto one package and they don't have it so I ended up went to TK at funan and buy Sirui T-2204X+G20 ball head

so dilemma has gone now hehe thank you all for the suggestion.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by kurniled View Post
    thx for the input daredevil123, since I prefer the manfrotto one package and they don't have it so I ended up went to TK at funan and buy Sirui T-2204X+G20 ball head

so dilemma has gone now hehe thank you all for the suggestion.
    Congrate on your buy.
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123