Thread: X Drive

Default X Drive

A little question I have about the X-Drive. Hope X-Drive owners out there can enlighten me...

Regardless of whether it's the X-Drive or the X-Drive II, does the device create a new folder for each new transfer done from CF to HDD? I have been searching high and low for this information but can't seem to find it. I understand that the NixVue Digital Album Lite does this.

Also, is the X-Drive reliable, HDD aside? Read reviews that NixVue is much more reliable than the X-Drive. Users, care to comment?

Thanks a lot guys... I'm thinking of getting either the X-Drive or NixVue and just wanted to seek some accounts of first hand experience. Hope you can share with me. Thanks.

Deregistered

The X-DriveII creates a new folder per copy

CF0001...etc
    MS0001...etc
    SD0001...etc

So the folders won't get overwritten, at the same time (personally) I use it as a portable HDD as well, storing my files within the HDD. Also, it can be used as a mulitple card reader, I've used it to back up my MS from PDA, used it to read xD cards from the PC etc.

I have plugged in a CF and pressed copy, put the XDriveII into my bag and ran around during an event, files were copied properly and no problems whatsoever, but still it's a delicate HDD inside, so try not to do it, I planned wrongly and needed to back up for space to shoot... hee.

Pleased with the product

Thanks espn, for the insight....