A while back I released the edge darkening presets that I use in Lightroom. I used to use the vignetting setting and then Lightroom 2 came out and I started to use the Post-crop settings. I wasn’t really happy with them though since the edges just looked kinda “blah”. Now with Lightroom 3 we get the best of both works. We get that burned in edge darkening effect that vignetting gave us but the advantage of using the effect on cropped images.
As always, your comments are welcome. Download ‘em and let me know what you think.
Here’s an example of all 4 of them (click to see it larger):
1) Unzip the preset zip file on to your desktop
2) Go to the Develop module. NOTE: YOU MUST BE THE DEVELOP MODULE
3) Go to the Presets panel on the left. Right click anywhere in it and choose “Import”.
4) Select the .lrtemplate files you unzipped in Step 1 and click Import NOTE: DO NOT IMPORT THE ZIP FILE
• Click here to download the preset.
• Click here to see a sample of the preset.