Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: about HDR

Default Re: about HDR

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i do tonight just for you, with timer for 2 minutes.

sometimes, we are so awed when we have little knowledge. when you have the knowledge, a lot of things become less awesome.

especially for 1 shot HDRs, it is nothing more than a gimmicky effect, can easily create actions to output such with the proper exposure in that sort of lighting.
    Alamak...take one of your old shots and repost here mah. You already have proven time and again already.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    The following broke every single rule mentioned above.

After 1 exposure HDR processing:

Canon 350D, (EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6), 21mm, f/9, 1/500s, ISO800.

done from 67 kb file that you uploaded.

including uploading, my MIO internet lagging, from download up to now, since photoshop was open, 4 minutes.

sorry, i don't know how to introduce photomatix color shifts, that is the only special thing that it can do that no one else can really do , short of using a color brush and splashing random yellow, green, etc randomly throughout the picture.

including uploading, my MIO internet lagging, from download up to now, since photoshop was open, 4 minutes.
    This is quite funny. I encountered a similar situation before, where someone was challenged to solve a Rubik's cube and he was like, one of the puzzle experts from Australia (now setting up company based in S'pore).

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    You got an example?
    hahaha!! the nightmare guy is an HDR God!! you should see his gallery and be in awe!!

Nightmate GOD OF HDR??? I'm shocked... Time to whack his galleey. Heh. God of HDR calling photomatix a piece of crap...
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Just realised nightmare's shot of the helix was multiple exposure. Hdr?
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    Just realised nightmare's shot of the helix was multiple exposure. Hdr?
    hi i used to use a lot of hdr, because DR of the k100d from pentax was pretty dismal, i think 7-8 stops max.

now k20d has a 9-10? or 11? stop DR, so i do not need to resort to hdr so much, usually a simple gnd use will give me the details i need, so just use layers to blend exposures will be enough from a single shot.

multiple exposure is to smooth out the water, because the only nd filter i have is a nd110.. 10 stops at night is asking for it....

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    photomatix a piece of crap...
    i mean, it's the best out there for hdr, i think.. but that's like saying that patricia mok is the prettiest flower in jack neo's garden, if you get what i mean...

hi i used to use a lot of hdr, because DR of the k100d from pentax was pretty dismal, i think 7-8 stops max.

now k20d has a 9-10? or 11? stop DR, so i do not need to resort to hdr so much, usually a simple gnd use will give me the details i need, so just use layers to blend exposures will be enough from a single shot.

multiple exposure is to smooth out the water, because the only nd filter i have is a nd110.. 10 stops at night is asking for it....
    Expose forever
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

i mean, it's the best out there for hdr, i think.. but that's like saying that patricia mok is the prettiest flower in jack neo's garden, if you get what i mean...
    i think i get what you mean. Best out of the crap...
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

I stopped using Photomatix a loooong time ago. It was fun at first but the novelty wears off pretty quickly. Learn to understand light and shoot better. The results can be much more pleasing and satisfying. Cheers!

Looking at some of the photos in the book, though it does help to show up lots more detail via HDR, but sometimes my brain tells me it cant be, something is not right. eg :

A shot that looks at the "castle" look alike thingy at Fort Canning Hill, you know inside the passage way cant to that bright without using strobes in day light. The HDR photo show it is brighter than normal. So it looks odd to me.

Another shot is taken inside a dinning hall with a window during day time, sun light not shinning throw the window. The chandeliers was on. HRDed room looks a stop brighter than the a normal photo and that there is less shadow (author commented the ceiling looks "cleaner") of the chandeliers cast on the ceiling. But my brain tells me the HDRed photo looks odd.

Guess HDR is not for all occasion base on individual's perception of how lighting should look natural.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Isolated region of extreme brightness

1) Spot meter the bright spot
    2) Set exposure with camera in "Manual Mode"
    3) Compose & shoot.
    4) +2EV & shoot.
    5) Repeat (4) until shadow area is properly exposed.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12