Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone IOS 4.

Smile iPhone IOS 4.

The cheapest alternatives to the iPhone 4...

Link:
    http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/08072010/389...-iphone-4.html

Default Re: iPhone IOS 4.

Hey, anyone here on 3Gs and has an application called "SG Buses"? Mine keeps crashing on os4. Sad liao coz I'm quite a frequent user of that...
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

OS 4 on my 3Gs is kinda laggy compared to the previous OS that was totally lag-proof

I heard from my colleague that after upgrading to OS4, his 3GS drains battery very fast and like frequently hang/laggy.

Then he does a reset/restore and it becames ok. So, those affected maybe can try.

Generally the impression is that OS4 does perform well on 3GS.

But still, I'll wait for a OS4 update before updating..

Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79 View Post
    OS 4 on my 3Gs is kinda laggy compared to the previous OS that was totally lag-proof
    Considering that version 3 was out quite a while and had a huge number of fixes (within 8 months maybe?), can you expect a first release of version 4 to work as well?

Smile iPhone IOS 4.

New iPHONE 4 4G HD revealed LEAKED video Full SPECS hands on Gizmodo - Apple Phone leak and 5g?

Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=vQtd...rev-rn-5r-1-HM

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari 1 View Post
    New iPHONE 4 4G HD revealed LEAKED video Full SPECS hands on Gizmodo - Apple Phone leak and 5g?

Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=vQtd...rev-rn-5r-1-HM
    where have you been all these while. this video is OLD.
    eat. drink. shoot

Latest on xinmsn:

Consumer Reports gives thumb's down to iPhone 4

Consumer Reports, the influential magazine for product reviews, gave the thumb's down Monday to Apple's new iPhone because of reception problems it said were caused by a design flaw.

"Consumer Reports' engineers have just completed testing the iPhone 4, and have confirmed that there is a problem with its reception," the magazine said on its website, ConsumerReports.org.

"When your finger or hand touches a spot on the phone's lower left side -- an easy thing, especially for lefties -- the signal can significantly degrade enough to cause you to lose your connection altogether if you're in an area with a weak signal," it said.

"Due to this problem, we can't recommend the iPhone 4."

Apple earlier this month said that it had used erroneous formulas to calculate signal strength for the iPhone 4 and promised to issue a free software patch to resolve the issue that has already triggered lawsuits.

The California gadget maker denied that reception problems were due to faults in its new antenna system, which is incorporated in the casing.

Consumer Reports rejected Apple's explanation.

"Our findings call into question the recent claim by Apple that the iPhone 4's signal-strength issues were largely an optical illusion caused by faulty software," it said.

Consumer Reports said it had tested three iPhone 4s and other devices, including a previous iPhone model, in the same conditions, but "none of those (other) phones had the signal-loss problems of the iPhone 4."

Consumer Reports said it had found "an affordable solution for suffering iPhone 4 users: Cover the antenna gap with a piece of duct tape or another thick, non-conductive material."

The magazine said the iPhone performed well in other areas.

"It sports the sharpest display and best video camera we've seen on any phone," it said, and "outshines its high-scoring predecessors with improved battery life and such new features as a front-facing camera for video chats."

if only the price drops....

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Hey, anyone here on 3Gs and has an application called "SG Buses"? Mine keeps crashing on os4. Sad liao coz I'm quite a frequent user of that...
    Latest on xinmsn:

Have to wait for the apps to update inorder to be use on OS4. However the apps need itune to approve before the update can be download so will take some time.

Consumer Reports, the influential magazine for product reviews, gave the thumb's down Monday to Apple's new iPhone because of reception problems it said were caused by a design flaw.

"Consumer Reports' engineers have just completed testing the iPhone 4, and have confirmed that there is a problem with its reception," the magazine said on its website, ConsumerReports.org.

"When your finger or hand touches a spot on the phone's lower left side -- an easy thing, especially for lefties -- the signal can significantly degrade enough to cause you to lose your connection altogether if you're in an area with a weak signal," it said.

"Due to this problem, we can't recommend the iPhone 4."

Apple earlier this month said that it had used erroneous formulas to calculate signal strength for the iPhone 4 and promised to issue a free software patch to resolve the issue that has already triggered lawsuits.

The California gadget maker denied that reception problems were due to faults in its new antenna system, which is incorporated in the casing.

Consumer Reports rejected Apple's explanation.

"Our findings call into question the recent claim by Apple that the iPhone 4's signal-strength issues were largely an optical illusion caused by faulty software," it said.

Consumer Reports said it had tested three iPhone 4s and other devices, including a previous iPhone model, in the same conditions, but "none of those (other) phones had the signal-loss problems of the iPhone 4."

Consumer Reports said it had found "an affordable solution for suffering iPhone 4 users: Cover the antenna gap with a piece of duct tape or another thick, non-conductive material."

The magazine said the iPhone performed well in other areas.

"It sports the sharpest display and best video camera we've seen on any phone," it said, and "outshines its high-scoring predecessors with improved battery life and such new features as a front-facing camera for video chats."
    I do face the reception problem at certain location but not all the time.

ya, me too. saw in the itunes app store that the developer had already submitted the updates to Apple and is pending approval.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    ya, me too. saw in the itunes app store that the developer had already submitted the updates to Apple and is pending approval.
    I thought their so called "approval" process is to give some quality control on the apps. But with the recent hacked done (allegedly) by a Vietnamese programmer, I really wonder what on earth happened to their "approval" process.

Yep, mine crashed as well after updating to iOS4. Now I'm wondering if I should stick with iPhone 4 or should I move on to Samsung Galaxy as I don't encounter hangs or crashes that badly before the update.

SG Buses update available on iTunes App store and is working in OS4.

I collected my iPhone 4s yesterday and love every minute with it.

Both of them have NO antenna issues, no dropped calls, nothing. No matter how I hold the phone (without cover, bumper, sleeve, etc.) I could NOT get the signal to degrade.

No idea how CR conducted their tests but I read somewhere (unsubstantiated) they are not completely above reproach in their methods.

Any other iP4 users enjoying good reception?

Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    I collected my iPhone 4s yesterday and love every minute with it.

Both of them have NO antenna issues, no dropped calls, nothing. No matter how I hold the phone (without cover, bumper, sleeve, etc.) I could NOT get the signal to degrade.

No idea how CR conducted their tests but I read somewhere (unsubstantiated) they are not completely above reproach in their methods.

Any other iP4 users enjoying good reception?
    Is not a universal problem. So, count yourself lucky as not affected lo.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    SG Buses update available on iTunes App store and is working in OS4.
    Just updated!!

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Is not a universal problem. So, count yourself lucky as not affected lo.
    I'm aware it's not an universal problem.

I think the "problem" has become a lot larger than it actually is on a worldwide basis because of Apple's silly exclusive agreement with AT&T, whose network is widely acknowledged as "sadly lacking" in many aspects. I was a victim of that for about 2 weeks. Poor connections, dropped calls, no signals, etc. And I wasn't even on an iPhone.

Of the four iP4s I've sampled, two of which are mine, the other two also did not have problems. Those other two were from an earlier production run. Ok, the sample is very small but that's 100% pass rate.

I suppose we'll see if the above remains true after the local launch and the iP4 is in widespread use.

Smile iPhone IOS 4.

Apple shares slide as iPhone 4 concerns grow...

Info:
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/201007...e-96247d2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari 1 View Post
    Apple shares slide as iPhone 4 concerns grow...

Info:
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/201007...e-96247d2.html

I think this is inevitable, as more and more will think that it's a design issue, not a software issue.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast