Thread: Your most or simply embarrasing moments at shooting ?

Default Your most or simply embarrasing moments at shooting ?

most of the time it's lens cap because for several months i didnt bother using a lens cap as i changed a dented UV filter and the cap didnt fit the filter nicely. but i started using it a few mths back

anyway several occasions, i was in a room with bad lighting and switched on the cam but forgot abt the lens cap then i was thinking 'the lighting so bad until my cam cant pick up anything meh?" then i go look at the front for the lens and i realised cap still there.

another time is i was in proper or rather sufficient lighting then i was pissed when i couldnt AF on something, dunno why i didnt realise the whole screen was black, only can see the settings of the cam like pic size,WB,batt,etc. then i realised lens can still on.

3rd time is when i wanted to capture something candid, but i forgot lens cap then i was like " eh so dark....damn...forgot lens cap again" then my friend was laughing his head of..and asked me how many times i tried this stunt...

i must have been thinking my lens cap is transparent...

Wanted to take a photo of a pretty girl in a cafe at night.
    She was a few tables away but i have 10X zoom so I thought can take picture discreetly. However, everytime I wanted to focus on her face, she seemed to realise that I was going to snap her picture and looked away. So i pretended that I was just fiddling with the camera for awhile and then tried again. Happened 3 times until I realised that I have this AF assist lamp that would shine green light on her face everytime I half pressed the shutter

... Getting my film returned to me by the lab completely empty because i didn't load and check the winding properly...

1.last time once or twice in the heat of shootign event when reloadign film, the leader wont lock on and end up being sucked in completely...then ransacked my bag n pockets then realised got no film picker...then looked @ stage again the realised the show segment ended

hmmm..for me...everytime i go out and secretly take photos...then i show it to my friends...they always seem to know the person i secretly took...sianz....NO SECRECY anymore...

I help a friend shoot a company event, a dinner. They have a best dress contest where few voted person will go need to cat walk around the table area and make poses for me to shoot. The Emcee said the person who got the most shots from me will stand better chance. (I decided then to give every participant 4-5 shots each)

Theres a lady, I took a few shots, then the flash recycled too slowly, so I hold up my hand to signal her to wait a while.

She walk backed up stage soon after. I think she misunderstood her that I'm stopping at 2 shots.
    Damn paiseh for me and her manzz.

Occured when I was still using Sony F717. Was shooting for my relative's (Bride's side) wedding in HK. Just snap shots.

When I asked everyone to smile (Groom's relatives), the internal flash wouldn't just fire because it was still recharging. Oh man, the main photograph just smile and said "your camera a bit slow" in mandarin. Sibei paiseh man.

The other day I was carrying a D70 and a 300D and was fumbling as to which one to use when a pretty gal walked pass me. Fustrating.

hee hee i just had an embarassing moment less than 3 hours ago. was shooting a rock band and they were posing on the stage. took 2 quick shots and was going for a third when my shutter wouldn't fire. at first i thought my buffer was full so i waited for a couple moments (while they were still posing). after fumbling around while they patiently waited, i finally realised that my CF was full....

Went with gf to fort canning to take some pictures with d70...only to realise that i had forgotten how to set the self timer.....fiddled with all the controls and left shooting pictures of gf alone without me inside...

Should have brought the manual along.....

I was taking pictures during an interview with a celeb... Then I realise the reporter not from the publication I was taking for. Then realise I was in the wrong room.

was with a client of mine during a building inpection, i couldn't take the first photo and realised my camera battery was dead, with no spare batteries on me. so, had to borrow my client's p&s camera to take the photographs instead.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    was with a client of mine during a building inpection, i couldn't take the first photo and realised my camera battery was dead, with no spare batteries on me. so, had to borrow my client's p&s camera to take the photographs instead.
    ...the worst was when a group of teachers wanted me to take their photo, and i simply replied,"Er...So Sorry, Got to buy more films."

n their jaw DROPPED!