Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Recommendation in buying a new DSLR(Beginner)

Deregistered

Default Re: Recommendation in buying a new DSLR(Beginner)

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonczh View Post
    Hmmm but no choice, courts doesn't offer pentax. Haha well, which of the 4DSLR that I've mentioned is good for the ISO thingy? Just compare with the 4 models alright? Cos if compare with others, there will be a no ending to it.
    A500/550 is good too.Courts/HN and BD do not carry Pentax.Its only available in stores like SLRR/OP/AP/Manly

Hey guys, need some recommendation from you guys as I am going to get a new DSLR. Well, I gotta choose from this following choices.

1.) Nikon D3000
    2.) Canon 1000D
    3.) Sony A230L
    4.) Sony A330L

Well I only can choose from these four dslr due to some reason. So guys can you give some feedback on which dslr will be the best? Thanks

And I do have a SIGMA Aspherical 28-200mm lens which was from my old SLR. I wonder if this lens fits into any one of the above DSLR?
    Just like you, I was using Minolta Dynax 303 back in the film days... and I also had a Sigma 28-200mm for it. The lens can certainly be used on a Sony dSLR, but I decided to go with Nikon instead and bought a D40 three years ago. That means the Sigma lens has been relegated to the dry cabinet ever since, but I don't really miss it since the focal length of the lens becomes 42-300mm when mounted on a dSLR (due to the 1.5x crop factor), thus it is not a good candidate for a "all-in-one" lens.

imho, if you die-die have to choose from the list of 4 camera, then go with the A330, for the built-in stabilization feature & also to make use of your Sigma 28-200. However, if you are not limited to those in your list, then go for Pentax Kx

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    A500/550 is good too.Courts/HN and BD do not carry Pentax.Its only available in stores like SLRR/OP/AP/Manly
    Bro! Choose from the above dslr lah

Quote Originally Posted by wywysimba View Post
    Just like you, I was using Minolta Dynax 303 back in the film days... and I also had a Sigma 28-200mm for it. The lens can certainly be used on a Sony dSLR, but I decided to go with Nikon instead and bought a D40 three years ago. That means the Sigma lens has been relegated to the dry cabinet ever since, but I don't really miss it since the focal length of the lens becomes 42-300mm when mounted on a dSLR (due to the 1.5x crop factor), thus it is not a good candidate for a "all-in-one" lens.

imho, if you die-die have to choose from the list of 4 camera, then go with the A330, for the built-in stabilization feature & also to make use of your Sigma 28-200. However, if you are not limited to those in your list, then go for Pentax Kx
    Erm but I've read some reviews about A330, it's noise reduction is not very good when it's at high iso eh.

Nah. I'm intending to pay my installment and its 0% interest if pay by credit. Thats why.
    You might not pay interest as stated, but you pay more than in any of the other usual shops. Think twice about installment. It's a hobby and it should not bring in other dependencies (here: to pay installment in time, otherwise late payment charges apply). All $ for hobby stuffs should be easily available (saved, put aside) and not drawn from normal budget.
    Beside this: freebies and other stuffs HN/Courts might include (e.g. additional flimsy tripod and other things) you can safely skip and get the real things once you know more. Get only what you need and what you know. As a start: camera and everything in the box, camera bag, 2nd battery, memory card, cleaning kit. If you get offered any UV filters as 'protectors' then ask for Hoya as minimum, skip all these funky freebie brands like SteinZeiser, Vitacon and whatnot.
    EOS

Erm but I've read some reviews about A330, it's noise reduction is not very good when it's at high iso eh.
    Do you shoot high ISO very often? I believe the grains from ISO 800 is better than those with the same ISO from film.

If ISO is important to you, I would suggest that you go for Sony A500/550, Pentax k-x, Nikon D90 or Canon 550D instead.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Deregistered

Bro! Choose from the above dslr lah
    If you don't have the budget for the A5xx,Pentax K-x then.$782(18-55 kit)/$899(18-55 & 50-200 kit)/$1103(18-55 & 55-300 kit)

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    If you don't have the budget for the A5xx,Pentax K-x then.$782(18-55 kit)/$899(18-55 & 50-200 kit)/$1103(18-55 & 55-300 kit)
    Erm is there any shop that I can purchase pentax k-x with installment?

Deregistered

Erm is there any shop that I can purchase pentax k-x with installment?
    Dunno but you can try SLRR,OP or Manly

frankly speaking, the 4 DSLRs u selected are the most basic/entry level of their respective brands. They all will still give u good image quality, but dont expect their high ISO performance to be as good as the upper entry/semi pro DSLRs. Between the 4 of them, there will be some differences in high ISO, but the difference wont be much. Its so small that their difference shouldnt influence ur purchase decision.

If high ISO performance is really ur concern, you will need to get a more advanced models.

The Sony A500/550, Canon 500/550D, Pentax k-x and Nikon D90 are a BIG step up in terms of ISO performance over the A230/1000D/D3000.

Between those above, if im you, i would go for either the k-x or the A500. K-x due to the very attractive price, and A500 because u already have a Sony mount lens. The 28-200 is a good walkabout lens, and it'll save u some money cos u wont need to buy a telephoto lens.

Quote Originally Posted by torak View Post
    frankly speaking, the 4 DSLRs u selected are the most basic/entry level of their respective brands. They all will still give u good image quality, but dont expect their high ISO performance to be as good as the upper entry/semi pro DSLRs. Between the 4 of them, there will be some differences in high ISO, but the difference wont be much. Its so small that their difference shouldnt influence ur purchase decision.

If high ISO performance is really ur concern, you will need to get a more advanced models.

The Sony A500/550, Canon 500/550D, Pentax k-x and Nikon D90 are a BIG step up in terms of ISO performance over the A230/1000D/D3000.

Between those above, if im you, i would go for either the k-x or the A500. K-x due to the very attractive price, and A500 because u already have a Sony mount lens. The 28-200 is a good walkabout lens, and it'll save u some money cos u wont need to buy a telephoto lens.
    Erm then what about nikon D5000?

cant say much about the D5000. Look up the other threads on the D5000 performance. But i can tell you the Pentax k-x at iso1600 works like a gem. I'm sure there are people here that can back me up on this. Anyway, lookup the b&s section, there seems to be a couple of K-x people letting go.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndwonder View Post
    cant say much about the D5000. Look up the other threads on the D5000 performance. But i can tell you the Pentax k-x at iso1600 works like a gem. I'm sure there are people here that can back me up on this. Anyway, lookup the b&s section, there seems to be a couple of K-x people letting go.

There's a white K-x at B&S IIRC

If you can somehow be unbound from your constraints of the 4 choices you listed, then the Kx is a better deal with the features, newer sensor and high ISO performance at a very low price of $790 with 18-55mm kit lens.

Here are sample shots of the high ISO performance.
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

Erm then what about nikon D5000?
    don like D3000/5000 because of the lack of lens motor, making it incompatible with a large number of Nikon and 3rd party lenses. I rather spend abit more and get the D90 in that case.
    Last edited by torak; 23rd June 2010 at 10:57 PM.

Okay thank guys for giving me some recommendation on getting a DSLR. Well after much consideration, I feel that it will be better for me to get a decent model during end of year, and will definitely we waiting for the IT fair to get one! Since my aunt is willing to get one for me after my national exam, now I will be reading up on more reviews of different DSLR and of cos view the photo gallery to learn from the pros. Thats all

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345