Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

  1. #1

    Default Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    Hi all, Need some help/recommendation over here.
    I was wondering is anyone over here using the Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) over here pls?

    I need some advised whether could this bag hold the following items:-
    1) 5DMKII with gripped
    2) 24-105mm f/4 L
    3) 17-40mm f/4 L
    4) 50mm f/1.4
    5) Speedlite 580EXII
    6) 13 Inch alu Macbook

    I will be on oversea business trip this mid week and I need to get the bag by tomorrow...
    Need some users experience on this if any as I need to do this last min shopping for my trip.
    Last edited by qingtian; 21st June 2010 at 10:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    I have a Crumpler Customary Barge which is bigger than Karachi Outpost (S) and it BARELY fits the followings:

    1. 5DM2 - no grip
    2. 24-105mm f/4 L IS
    3. 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS M2
    4. Speedlite 580 EXII
    5. 13 inch Aluminium Macbook

    Since Karachi (S) is smaller than Customary Barge (I think), I really doubt it can fit all your gears.

    Suggest you bring your gear to the shop and try it out. But before you go, better call the shop first as they may not have the stock that you want.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    To explain further... I am checking on the max capacity of this bag with the items above.
    I'm not bring everything.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    Quote Originally Posted by coolegg View Post
    I have a Crumpler Customary Barge which is bigger than Karachi Outpost (S) and it BARELY fits the followings:

    1. 5DM2 - no grip
    2. 24-105mm f/4 L IS
    3. 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS M2
    4. Speedlite 580 EXII
    5. 13 inch Aluminium Macbook

    Since Karachi (S) is smaller than Customary Barge (I think), I really doubt it can fit all your gears.

    Suggest you bring your gear to the shop and try it out. But before you go, better call the shop first as they may not have the stock that you want.
    Oh my... I thought it could fit... cos on crumple website products shot... It look like it could...I glad that I ask over here and u advised me on this that I need to take note of.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    I could be wrong. Nothing beats bring some of your gear to the shop and try. And remember to call the shops (one in ION, one in Wheelock, one at Raffles City) first before you go and check out the different credit card promotion.

    BTW, I kinda regret getting Crumpler, it may look cool but does not protect as well as other brands such as Think Tank and you know what I am gonna get a Think Tank soon.

    Good luck.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    Quote Originally Posted by coolegg View Post
    I could be wrong. Nothing beats bring some of your gear to the shop and try. And remember to call the shops (one in ION, one in Wheelock, one at Raffles City) first before you go and check out the different credit card promotion.

    BTW, I kinda regret getting Crumpler, it may look cool but does not protect as well as other brands such as Think Tank and you know what I am gonna get a Think Tank soon.

    Good luck.
    Could I check with you does the bag fit nicely with the following items?
    For this up coming trip, I am thinking on the below.
    1) 5DMKII with Gripped
    2) 24-105mm
    3) 17-40mm OR 50mm f/1.4
    4) Speedlite 580 EXII (Optional)
    5) 13 inch Aluminium Macbook

    Normally when I am in SG, I guess I only be using:-
    1) 5DMKII with Gripped
    2) 24-105mm
    3) 17-40mm OR 50mm f/1.4
    4) Speedlite 580 EXII

    For your valuable input pls. Much appreciated.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    BTW, I did look at ThinkTank but so far I havent came across one that able to hold the 13" alu Macbook...
    Not sure is the laptop compartment detached like crumpler design...

    Am I missing anything over here?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    Quote Originally Posted by qingtian View Post
    Could I check with you does the bag fit nicely with the following items?
    For this up coming trip, I am thinking on the below.
    1) 5DMKII with Gripped
    2) 24-105mm
    3) 17-40mm OR 50mm f/1.4
    4) Speedlite 580 EXII (Optional)
    5) 13 inch Aluminium Macbook

    Normally when I am in SG, I guess I only be using:-
    1) 5DMKII with Gripped
    2) 24-105mm
    3) 17-40mm OR 50mm f/1.4
    4) Speedlite 580 EXII

    For your valuable input pls. Much appreciated.
    I think should be okay with these 2 combinations. However, bear in mind that if you are going to have a 70-200mm in the future, this bag may not fit.

    Happy shopping.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    Quote Originally Posted by coolegg View Post
    I think should be okay with these 2 combinations. However, bear in mind that if you are going to have a 70-200mm in the future, this bag may not fit.

    Happy shopping.
    Icic... not really getting the 70-200mm as i normally shoot wide.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Crumpler Karachi Outpost (s) capacity.

    So, have you bought the bag? You know what, I have just bought a Think Tank Retrospective 20 (Pinestone) today. I love it! And one more thing to add, there is no such thing as the perfect bag, you will end up having 3 or 4 different bags for different occasions. Have fun.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •