Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not eveyone can afford such rental...

Default Re: Not eveyone can afford such rental...

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Ya, imaging S$28K rental per month not including expenses.
    So the pastor is earning like S$40K per month? And roughly make up to half a million a year.
    this pastor is super popular. If he gets invited to give a talk, he can charge a lot of money per talk.
    S$28k? entirely possible.why not? Investments also.
    his church is being investigated, let's wait for the outcome otherwise all the people bashing will just look foolish.
    sorry I just don't like the mentality of bashing people with money, especially if the money they make is above board.

Also with regards to the church, it's the church goer's money, not the public's money, so what's the issue here

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    this pastor is super popular. If he gets invited to give a talk, he can charge a lot of money per talk.
    his church is being investigated, let's wait for the outcome otherwise all the people bashing will just look foolish.
    sorry I just don't like the mentality of bashing people with money, especially if the money they make is above board.

Also with regards to the church, it's the church goer's money, not the public's money, so what's the issue here

Hey Matt, congrats on the Martell thing.

Anyway the I agree, if there's ever a need for bashing, it should be coming from the stakeholders (church members).
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

btw, CPIB and wouldn't ask ppls to drink kopi unless they got concrete evidence......i saw 2 cases of my ex co-worker (different company) kena before......go in confirm die, is only how ugly he/her will die.
    Last edited by Leong23; 23rd June 2010 at 02:07 PM.

btw, CPIB and wouldn't ask ppls to drink kopi unless they got concrete evidence......i saw 2 cases of my ex co-worker (different company) kena before......go in confirm die, is only how ugly he/her will die.
    sorry but my relative has been called in by the CPIB before and he was innocent.
    you'll be surprised "concrete evidence" is not always so concrete, and you have to wonder if this sort of action is also politically motivated.

I'm not a supporter of the church but I think one should be abit more fair and logical and not be like hardwarezone.
    let's wait and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    may advice u to rephrase this part or u may end up like the pastor who said the very same things abt taoists too.

and sadly. its like this. religion are for ppl who need that emotional/ spiritual support. as far as i know... the more successful scientists are the ones who usually turn out to be skeptics or atheists. so far i havent come abt a scientist who can excel by basing his research on the holy book.

and yes, i understand abt wad u mean in the services part. i sometimes dunno if they ever considered other alternatives hahaha...
    Thank you for the advice.

I am not against any religion.

I think religion is good. It provides you with a set of code of conduct. It teaches everybody to be good and if you follow and interprete it correctly, you are alright.

The trouble is....
    Last edited by Yappy; 23rd June 2010 at 03:11 PM.

sorry but my relative has been called in by the CPIB before and he was innocent.
    you'll be surprised "concrete evidence" is not always so concrete, and you have to wonder if this sort of action is also politically motivated.

I'm not a supporter of the church but I think one should be abit more fair and logical and not be like hardwarezone.
    let's wait and see what happens

Chill bro chill... no need to get so worked up... if they are innocent, then no matter how many bashing are there over the media or web, it is not going to tarnish any of their reputation...

I think the concerns here are more related to moral issues... Being a leader of a pronouced charitable organization, it is always going to be a controversy that he or she is leading such an extraordinarily lavish lifestyle... I believe more or less in all religious texts or histories, be it Absolute Being, All Knowing, All Powerful, Almighty, Creator, Divine Being, King of Kings, Maker, Yahweh, daemon, deity, demigod, divinity, soul, spirit, totem, tutelary, universal life force, world spirit, etc... all of them who are devoted to preach, teach, serve and help the people, leads a simple and humble life... so coming back to today's context, the money that they rightfully owned, should it all goes into helping the needy or they should spent it like they rightfully owned?

So what does a non profit charitable religious organization really means? Do they operate more like a corporation with a board of directors collecting dividends yearly? Or should they operate straight forward in putting all its money it collected from donations, into helping the poor and needy?

I don't know about you, but personally when I make a donation, I always have an impression that the money will be put into very good use in helping the poor... maybe I'm too naive?

Sooner or later government will start to tax those "non-profitable" "charity" organisation.......

Blog Entries

suddenly ur this one line makes me wanna open up a religious organisation, and earn the religious ppl's money. its a donation to the religious organisation, so as to further benifit the ppl in that community and not to fatten up their own pockets. i hope u get the drift of wad i'm saying. yes while it may be church goer's money, does it mean church owner does not have a responsibility to watch and use the finances in the right way? just something to think abt.

suddenly ur this one line makes me wanna open up a religious organisation, and earn the religious ppl's money. its a donation to the religious organisation, so as to further benifit the ppl in that community and not to fatten up their own pockets. i hope u get the drift of wad i'm saying. yes while it may be church goer's money, does it mean church owner does not have a responsibility to watch and use the finances in the right way? just something to think abt.
    Yet the pastor has been an honorary pastor of the church and not drawing salary for a few years, so what's the issue here?

It's not like the police have concluded that they are guilty yet, so isn't this a "wait and see" situation? Whatever one speculates here, either will feel damn malu when the news comes out and CHC is clear, or feel damn xiong that your speculations were right. If it's the latter, then what? No one should be judged by speculation alone.
    Last edited by Headshotzx; 23rd June 2010 at 04:13 PM.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    Yet the pastor has been an honorary pastor of the church and not drawing salary for a few years, so what's the issue here?

It's not like the police have concluded that they are guilty yet, so isn't this a "wait and see" situation? Whatever one speculates here, either will feel damn malu when the news comes out and CHC is clear, or feel damn xiong that your speculations were right. If it's the latter, then what? No one should be judged by speculation alone.
    Because many people had heard tonnes of horror stories about CHC.....

Because many people had heard tonnes of horror stories about CHC.....
    And this "hear-say" gives them the right to judge the organisation for misappropriation of funds? Leave it to the police and stay back, yes? Why speculate in that case hmm?
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

You actually believe he is not drawing a salary?

Usually when a CEO or something is not drawing a salary... it means the organisation is not doing well so he had to lead by example.

But CHC have 3 big church in singapore with 30,000 followers. I seriously dun believe he dun draw salary. Maybe in books, he is not. But behind the scene, no one will knows!

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    You actually believe he is not drawing a salary?

Usually when a CEO or something is not drawing a salary... it means the organisation is not doing well so he had to lead by example.

But CHC have 3 big church in singapore with 30,000 followers. I seriously dun believe he dun draw salary. Maybe in books, he is not. But behind the scene, no one will knows!
    Um, if the head of organisation says he doesn't draw salary but actually does... auditors themselves should easily spot liao. Check from top down.

CHC only got one own building and rents out expo what. 3 church meh?

If he is not drawing salary and his wife's records company in US is losing big money.....then

Last edited by Leong23; 23rd June 2010 at 04:43 PM.

Um, if the head of organisation says he doesn't draw salary but actually does... auditors themselves should easily spot liao. Check from top down.

CHC only got one own building and rents out expo what. 3 church meh?
    do u know that accounts can be fixed?

and not drawing salary is more suspious!

by giving talks + the earnings from her wife, they can sustain such lavish lifestyles?

Either they are investment guru or the talks the pastor gave is really earning big bucks!

I want to be a pastor and quit my job also. And why the hell i study so hard for my degree!

http://www.chc.org.sg/eng/contact.php

You are right. But it states there is two place of worship and not like you mentioned expo is rented out.

Btw... i only heard rumours that they are building a third church.
    Last edited by sinned79; 23rd June 2010 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    do u know that accounts can be fixed?

and not drawing salary is more suspious!

by giving talks + the earnings from her wife, they can sustain such lavish lifestyles?

Either they are investment guru or the talks the pastor gave is really earning big bucks!

I want to be a pastor and quit my job also. And why the hell i study so hard for my degree!

http://www.chc.org.sg/eng/contact.php

You are right. But it states there is two place of worship and not like you mentioned expo is rented out.

Btw... i only heard rumours that they are building a third church.
    He must said he not drawing salary wat, if not must give 10% of it to the coffer.....

Blog Entries

not judging by speculation. i'm only stating words directing at the red line only. the way it is phrased just sounds wrong.

as for this case, my take on it and also on ur reply. if auditors were that good, what took them so long against nkf, renci and the like? the law is limited in what it can do. auditors are not gods and they do make mistakes too. the point raised by u "pastor has been an honorary pastor of the church and not drawing salary for a few years" does not indemnify him of the possibility of perhaps some shady business. and as such, i would reserve any further comments after the police's investigation. i'm merely raising the possibility only, and have no intention to malign or speculate.

whether chc gets cleared or caught, this case already has reached a specific meaning already: to make ppl more aware and more concerned abt how organisations make use of their donations, and not to assume that just being religious means one is not in the wrong, and that even religions do have blacksheeps as in the case of renci

He must said he not drawing salary wat, if not must give 10% of it to the coffer.....
    Steve Job's salary per year is US$1.00 since the day he came back to Apples. Still is if I am not wrong.

Oh and by the way...the Apple Board of Directors gave him a US$45 million dollar plane a few years back even. This is just a few ways Job was "compensated" but no money up front.

When the auditors are in your board of directors and they have all been called in for kopi chat with the CPIB......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Steve Job's salary per year is US$1.00 since the day he came back to Apples. Still is if I am not wrong.

Oh and by the way...the Apple Board of Directors gave him a US$45 million dollar plane a few years back even. This is just a few ways Job was "compensated" but no money up front.

When the auditors are in your board of directors and they have all been called in for kopi chat with the CPIB......
    yep. seems like still is 1 buck a day after a quick google.

sucks. dun like the song.
    i never said i liked it.

but it's quite funny, right?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast