Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

  1. #1

    Default Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

    Any good shop to recommend? or is better send back to brand service center? but the warranty was expired..

    Thks in advance..
    camera-mαn

  2. #2
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

    Quote Originally Posted by navic View Post
    Any good shop to recommend? or is better send back to brand service center? but the warranty was expired..

    Thks in advance..
    wad is the problem with the laptop? damaged hardware or virus?
    if hardware i suggest service center.
    if virus i suggest outside ppl

  3. #3

    Default Re: Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    wad is the problem with the laptop? damaged hardware or virus?
    if hardware i suggest service center.
    if virus i suggest outside ppl
    hmm.. failed to start up.. can hear the sound of hardware running, but nothing show on the screen after the few sec of the laptop brand name display..
    camera-mαn

  4. #4
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

    Quote Originally Posted by navic View Post
    hmm.. failed to start up.. can hear the sound of hardware running, but nothing show on the screen after the few sec of the laptop brand name display..
    hmm. where u stay? perhaps i can drop by see if i can do anything for u.

    1: ur display is nt spoilt. ur power supply is working. i'll reckon is OS crash/ spoilt hard disk

    if u stay nearby jurong area, i dun mind trying to fix. if fail to save then i wont charge u money

    i suspect a spoilt harddisk.

    could u list out anything else that u think is otu of ordinary? like laptop very hot.

    or just pm me bah

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    hmm. where u stay? perhaps i can drop by see if i can do anything for u.

    1: ur display is nt spoilt. ur power supply is working. i'll reckon is OS crash/ spoilt hard disk

    if u stay nearby jurong area, i dun mind trying to fix. if fail to save then i wont charge u money

    i suspect a spoilt harddisk.

    could u list out anything else that u think is otu of ordinary? like laptop very hot.

    or just pm me bah

    im staying in TPY

    really not aware any unusual things leh.. i tot laptop hot is normal coz i often on it almost 10hrs continuously..

    but the weird thing is sometime it's able to start up after few times turn off & on

    repairing cost is high if the harddisk spoilt?

    anyway thks for ur kind advise
    camera-mαn

  6. #6
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

    Quote Originally Posted by navic View Post
    im staying in TPY

    really not aware any unusual things leh.. i tot laptop hot is normal coz i often on it almost 10hrs continuously..

    but the weird thing is sometime it's able to start up after few times turn off & on

    repairing cost is high if the harddisk spoilt?

    anyway thks for ur kind advise
    how old is it? 4 years? if 4 years might as well buy new one.

    hot can be due to dust in fans, which will clog up preventing air flow and causing laptop to overheat. my old cpu was at 100 degrees max last time not good for the computer tats for sure.

    harddisk spoil if its just corrupt, can still extract as much data out first, then reformat. if is internally like pin broke then not worth it

  7. #7

    Default Re: Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    how old is it? 4 years? if 4 years might as well buy new one.

    hot can be due to dust in fans, which will clog up preventing air flow and causing laptop to overheat. my old cpu was at 100 degrees max last time not good for the computer tats for sure.

    harddisk spoil if its just corrupt, can still extract as much data out first, then reformat. if is internally like pin broke then not worth it
    if not wrong it's only 2yrs 5mths old...
    camera-mαn

  8. #8
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

    Quote Originally Posted by navic View Post
    if not wrong it's only 2yrs 5mths old...
    hmm. model and os pls.

    k can u boot up the laptop? and see if u can enter the bios of ur pc. if can at least i know ur core hardware is still fine. can isolate the prob a bit more.

    entering bios shld allow u to edit stuff like computer clock, fan power, boot from which harddisk etc.

    and have u downloaded anything that u shldnt have?
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 21st June 2010 at 06:23 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: Any recommended shop for laptop repairing?

    Quote Originally Posted by navic View Post
    Any good shop to recommend? or is better send back to brand service center? but the warranty was expired..

    Thks in advance..
    can try a shop at lvl 4 sim lim sq. name is infinique something...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •