Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: very random physics qn

  1. #61
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    I just joined. I'm proud to be a GEEK!! In fact, I actually pushed the idea of "Geeks Nite" for my organisation's dnd and it was a major success, considering the great lengths the staff went to to dress up for the occasion.

    Basically, I dun deny the presence of scholars at my place there. But wanna add oso that, quite a few of the stats officers and statisticians, these so-called nerds, quite chio ah. Yah, female-dominated industry btw. The men run off to become engineers liao. Lol!
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  2. #62
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    and with her saying that, who said geeks aren't cool? eh maybe when I finish my uni I shld go urcompany work and find xmm

  3. #63
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    and with her saying that, who said geeks aren't cool? eh maybe when I finish my uni I shld go urcompany work and find xmm
    Disclaimer: Pls "secure" such a geek in uni itself, if possible. Many of these ladies, as applicable to anywhere in general, are already unavailable once they enter the workforce. So the guys can only wash eyes.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    That is the key point. How to get the ball into the water w/o doing work.


    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    - when the ball is in the water, it would displace certain amount of water, which in turns will bounce the ball back up.
    Last edited by Limsgp; 24th June 2010 at 07:51 AM.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Real perpetual machines can work w/o friction.

    An example is in superconductor. The current in a superconductor will flow continuously because there is no resistance.

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    even without friction, it will not work

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    No need good grades.. , just need good "vital statistics".. 36, 24, 35?

    Cannot be statistician can be model..


    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Hur hur hur. Nah. Stats officer = can never be a statistician coz grades in uni cmi. HAHAHAHA.
    Last edited by Limsgp; 24th June 2010 at 07:57 AM.

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    The person who post the qn probably intend to let the ball enter "from the bottom". It is supposed to enter after gravity does the work..

    Anyway, for the ball to enter from the bottom, it needs to do work against water pressure. that's why the system won't work. How to prevent the water from coming out and how to provide an entrance for the ball at the bottom will be something that he needs to figure out first thou..

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    when ball on slide, gravity pulls it down. yet when ball attempts to enter water? remember it is less dense. water will attempt to force it out due to the density difference. ball will never go in again.

  8. #68
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    No need good grades.. , just need good "vital statistics".. 36, 24, 35?

    Cannot be statistician can be model..
    Fail liao. Wif guys' typical expectations of 36-24-35/36, many women in SG already fail miserably laaaa. So sad for the women here coz the men not realistic. Look at yesterday's EON 5, the FHM top seven. First is langgar lori, 2nd, all vital stats cmi (except one I think). Have to stoop to Rachel Kum's silicone pumps and botox jabs if wanna be 'perfect'.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  9. #69
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Real perpetual machines can work w/o friction.

    An example is in superconductor. The current in a superconductor will flow continuously because there is no resistance.
    ah. yes. that one i will agree. for example, orbiting satelites will remain in orbits, as long as their tangentianal speed is keep at a certain magnitude.

    my idea of perpetual machines are those able to do work without any energy supplied, hence violating the law of conservation of energy and mass

    this is so win. shall stalk geeky girls in uni physics course. to all u xmms out there, watch out for me

    *just kidding. i'm still a xdd... emo

  10. #70
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    and i'm amazed the geek thread can last till page 4. keep a look out for updates when i face more weird outta sylabus qns!

  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Perpetual machines are machines that run continuously. Of coz need energy to run lah.. juz that the energy is applied only once, and no need to "refill"..

    practically it means there is no "energy lost" during it's operation. In reality this is not possible bcoz of friction, resulting in energy losses..

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    my idea of perpetual machines are those able to do work without any energy supplied, hence violating the law of conservation of energy and mass

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    it's juz a random number quoted.. not sure what is the benchmark now.. heehee..

    Any comments from xdd ?


    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Fail liao. Wif guys' typical expectations of 36-24-35/36, many women in SG already fail miserably laaaa. So sad for the women here coz the men not realistic. Look at yesterday's EON 5, the FHM top seven. First is langgar lori, 2nd, all vital stats cmi (except one I think). Have to stoop to Rachel Kum's silicone pumps and botox jabs if wanna be 'perfect'.

  13. #73
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Perpetual machines are machines that run continuously. Of coz need energy to run lah.. juz that the energy is applied only once, and no need to "refill"..

    practically it means there is no "energy lost" during it's operation. In reality this is not possible bcoz of friction, resulting in energy losses..
    yea. no energy lost. and yes only orbits can do that such as the moon. but i wont actually say u can use it to create energy.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion
    just need to know cannot exist all thanks to entropy!
    for entropy can be 0 or greater, but never negative i think

  14. #74

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    u all ah, should just get the mods to create a "Physics Geeks" Subforum...Then can discuss all ur rubbish there :P

  15. #75
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    u all ah, should just get the mods to create a "Physics Geeks" Subforum...Then can discuss all ur rubbish there :P
    LOL nah noneed. shall just use this thread. or ask mods help rename to the math and science club

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Great name.. and all members of that club will be called PG in short. Nice ar?


    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    u all ah, should just get the mods to create a "Physics Geeks" Subforum...Then can discuss all ur rubbish there :P

  17. #77
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: very random physics qn

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Great name.. and all members of that club will be called PG in short. Nice ar?
    we are a bunch of PGS!

    i love it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •