Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Anyone can help let me know what is the device that allows us to connect 2 HDMI sources to 1 TV? I'm using a digital media player and a DVD player and wanna connect them both to my TV. I checked and found 'HDMI splitter' but that seems to be working the other way round (one source to many TV). Anywhere in SLS can I find the device? Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    You should be able to find it in SLS level 4 or 5 shops. It is also known as HDMI Switch Box.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Right behind you. :P
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Try LG... I have 1 LG LCD 42" TV which has to HDMI Plug... It says LF20 series... Doesn't know de model or whatsoever... Thats all i can help...

    Cheers
    They Prefer MasterCard. But I Prefer VISA.

  4. #4
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    I thought there are like 3 HDMI ports on a tv? My viera has 3.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Right behind you. :P
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    My LG only has 2... WTF?
    They Prefer MasterCard. But I Prefer VISA.

  6. #6

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    my samsung has 3 also. lol

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Quote Originally Posted by xxdoggyxx View Post
    My LG only has 2... WTF?
    Not bad lor. My Hitachi plasma ... maybe bought around 2001 ... has only 1. The other is a DVI.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    You should be able to find it in SLS level 4 or 5 shops. It is also known as HDMI Switch Box.
    Oh cool! Time to go hunt for one tmr. Thanks.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    I got my hdmi switch and cables from here, http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    I got my hdmi switch and cables from here, http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp
    Don't seem to be a local store. You can't find the stuffs here?

  11. #11
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Not bad lor. My Hitachi plasma ... maybe bought around 2001 ... has only 1. The other is a DVI.
    Its almost 10 years old already. Maybe retire your plasma and buy a new 1? Think those hdmi swtiches are avalaible at SLS or SLT.

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Its almost 10 years old already. Maybe retire your plasma and buy a new 1? Think those hdmi swtiches are avalaible at SLS or SLT.
    Ya la but I hardly watch one wor! Buy a new one coz short of 1 HDMI input? Walao!

  13. #13

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Don't seem to be a local store. You can't find the stuffs here?
    Many shops sell a 2 in and 1 out HDMI switch box, just pop into SLS or failing which, google for Hean Lee Radio in Kitchener Rd.
    Cheers.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Many shops sell a 2 in and 1 out HDMI switch box, just pop into SLS or failing which, google for Hean Lee Radio in Kitchener Rd.
    Cheers.
    Thanks. I found one at SLS 6th floor. it is a 3 in and 1 out type.

  15. #15

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    my sony has 4 hdmi ports, other brand can throw into the sea.
    Objection !!!

  16. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: 2 HDMI sources, 1 TV

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    my sony has 4 hdmi ports, other brand can throw into the sea.
    Wor!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •