Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions On Lens Selling - Help!

Default Re: Questions On Lens Selling - Help!

personally i dont like bidding, why waste time, do you make alot more? just state the price you are comfortable to sell without loosing much, then when you realised that the demand not strong, you may drop abit to close the deal. Bidding also wasting time that you have to watch over the bids, for me, if the deal is to bid, i usually give it a miss. or i state my price i feel i can afford.

also, i usually response to the first sms or call, to be fair to the buyer in potential. even it has to wait for another day or two to close deal. of cos must have mutual trust.

last, be honest to the item you sell, a promise is a promise, matained your reputation, you can make alot of friends from the BnS too.

you will learnt alot when meeting ppls, from bad experience to good one that can even arrange for coffee session.
    Canon/24-105mm f4L IS/70-200 f2.8L IS/100 f2.8 Macro L IS/430ExII

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    better to post under 3 separate threads.

base it on past sales, just do a quick search, and base it on seller description, photos if any.

if don't have such to gauge, just sell whatever price you wish to sell it for. there are no absolute figures in the second-hand market. and don't sell it for anything lower.

of course, must be realistic, if you buy the lens for $400 and expect to sell it for $500, unless the lens has risen to $600 now you can just post up ad for $500 and wait for people to laugh at you...
    don't sell for anything lower means lower than second hand market or lower than what i bought? actually i do expect to suffer a loss coz isn't that what happens to 2nd hand stuff unless its antique. but how much loss do u think is reasonable to suffer? actually i priced my lens about $60-$120 lower so i'm expecting to lose around there but nothing more.
    Last edited by bossacafezz; 24th June 2010 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bossacafezz View Post
    don't sell for anything lower means lower than second hand market or lower than what i bought? actually i do expect to suffer a loss coz isn't that what happens to 2nd hand stuff unless its antique. but how much loss do u think is reasonable to suffer? actually i priced my lens about $60-$120 lower so i'm expecting to lose around there but nothing more.
    it really depend what is the resales value, so you have to study the resales market, said a 50mm 1.8, brand new could be 140 or below, ppls selling at 100~125...depend still have warranty or lens body conditions.

also you have to set your lowest price, lower than that, you may decide to keep or may be really no body want it, then pain pain let go....

said example, i have a velocity bag i thought was 6 series, so i posted at $65, but someone offer me $30, so i rather let it collect dust....then later realised is 8 series, so lucky didnt sell off to benifit the low baller.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by pattanct View Post
    it really depend what is the resales value, so you have to study the resales market, said a 50mm 1.8, brand new could be 140 or below, ppls selling at 100~125...depend still have warranty or lens body conditions.

also you have to set your lowest price, lower than that, you may decide to keep or may be really no body want it, then pain pain let go....

said example, i have a velocity bag i thought was 6 series, so i posted at $65, but someone offer me $30, so i rather let it collect dust....then later realised is 8 series, so lucky didnt sell off to benifit the low baller.

good luck
    yea there are lotsa threads for 50mm f/1.8 so at least i know how much to sell. definitely, if its too low i'd rather keep. like i was enquiring with cash converters the other day abt old CDs, they told me chinese CDs they'll buy at 20 cents ea. no prize for guessing what i did with them lol.

personally i dont like bidding, why waste time, do you make alot more? just state the price you are comfortable to sell without loosing much, then when you realised that the demand not strong, you may drop abit to close the deal. Bidding also wasting time that you have to watch over the bids, for me, if the deal is to bid, i usually give it a miss. or i state my price i feel i can afford.

also, i usually response to the first sms or call, to be fair to the buyer in potential. even it has to wait for another day or two to close deal. of cos must have mutual trust.

last, be honest to the item you sell, a promise is a promise, matained your reputation, you can make alot of friends from the BnS too.

you will learnt alot when meeting ppls, from bad experience to good one that can even arrange for coffee session.
    I like to state price to sell or nego a bit and fix a price (applied to sell or buy items) not bidding system.

If i want to buy something like to close at a price within 2 days.

Some bidding can go for 5days to a few week. Sometime after a long wait you got the bid and ready to meet the next day but got a sms the next morning that someone out bid you. If still like to buy will have increase my bid.

btw, how is it that the buyer must suit seller's timing since we all know customers are always right? lol they're the ones paying, or becoz we already let them hv the goods at a discounted price?

btw, how is it that the buyer must suit seller's timing since we all know customers are always right? lol they're the ones paying, or becoz we already let them hv the goods at a discounted price?
    So buyer pay you GST?

Even shop also have fix opening timing...they will not extend for customer.

There is no rule that the buyer must suit seller's timing... but more about a time and place they have to arrange.

However, by doing a search, you will find a host of negative encounters with buying and selling, and so some people have decided for themselves certain personal guidelines in how they will deal.
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

no, I believe as used item seller, we are not making money from selling, but to dispose off some items to people who might be interested.
    To save my troubles and time, I price my items lower the others, and provide as much details in my selling thread. So if people think is a good deal, they will find ways to meet me ASAP. I simply ignore people who want to bargain, or propose meet them at their convenient time and place. btw, most of the time I manage to sell my items very fast, some even on the same day.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

To me, clear presentation is the most important.

1. Be very clear about lens name, model, detailed description, general condition, age and what the selling package contains.
    2. State your selling price.
    3. Photos of the actual lens.
    4. Photos taken by the lens with proper exif.
    5. Personal warranties if any.
    6. Specific meeting places and time.

From my numerous experiences, 3 and 4 are very important for buyers to make quick decision and therefore you get more reponses.
    Home is where the heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by paesyl View Post
    I like to state price to sell or nego a bit and fix a price (applied to sell or buy items) not bidding system.

If i want to buy something like to close at a price within 2 days.

Some bidding can go for 5days to a few week. Sometime after a long wait you got the bid and ready to meet the next day but got a sms the next morning that someone out bid you. If still like to buy will have increase my bid.
    wow, you never curse huh? no equitte? (how to spell eh?) i once sell something, long time ago, last mins, someone offer higher, but i rejected as i'd promised to some body althought havent deliver.

depend how badly you want it...

wow, you never curse huh? no equitte? (how to spell eh?) i once sell something, long time ago, last mins, someone offer higher, but i rejected as i'd promised to some body althought havent deliver.
    Maybe he need cash. Curse does not change anything...why bother

I also got curse by buyer before...what happened is I decided to sell my thing to someone else after the buyer fly me 2 times aeroplane in 2 days. Made me waited till 1am (worse if i have to keep awake tho is at home) and never call to inform not able to come. I SMS him the next day that I will sell to someone who can come my blk the evening so decided not to reserve for him stilll already 3days after we "deal" by sms. But got 'curse' by him and blame me for not keeping my word to deal. Anyway I sold the thing for $10 less to save all the wait and hazard.

Maybe he need cash. Curse does not change anything...why bother

I also got curse by buyer before...what happened is I decided to sell my thing to someone else after the buyer fly me 2 times aeroplane in 2 days. Made me waited till 1am (worse if i have to keep awake tho is at home) and never call to inform not able to come. I SMS him the next day that I will sell to someone who can come my blk the evening so decided not to reserve for him stilll already 3days after we "deal" by sms. But got 'curse' by him and blame me for not keeping my word to deal. Anyway I sold the thing for $10 less to save all the wait and hazard.
    i don't think what you did was wrong. he fly u aeroplane twice leh. and u still hv the patience to give him a chance after he did that to u for the 1st time! if its me i'll just sell it to someone else. he's a buyer from hell, still dare to curse u?!!! wtf

hey guys, sorry to be a bother but i just found out we can repost our ad at a 3-day interval. my question is, do we just repost a new one or edit from the old thread? i can't delete my threads rite?

hey guys, sorry to be a bother but i just found out we can repost our ad at a 3-day interval. my question is, do we just repost a new one or edit from the old thread? i can't delete my threads rite?
    Just 'up' the thread every 3days. After many 'up's then close and reopen a new one (3days interval applies).

You cannot delete you thread but can close it using the thread tool.

Just 'up' the thread every 3days. After many 'up's then close and reopen a new one (3days interval applies).

You cannot delete you thread but can close it using the thread tool.
    "Upping" a thread does not bring it to the top anymore... used to be that way. So just post a new thread after 3 days... and close the previous thread, and you can put a link to your new thread on your old thread if you like.
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

yea i noticed that, posting something on the thread doesn't bring it up anymore. think the moderators disabled that for that particular section? which is better i feel coz some ppl just post nonsense on their ad like putting a smiley just to up the thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12