We're back again with...
--- NEWBIES OUTING (PART 12) ---
Newbies outing started in April 2009 with the 1st outing at the Marina Barrage. Since then, some of the 'pioneer' attendees have become quite prolific photographers. So all in all, a pretty successful group
== DETAILS: ==
DATE/TIME: 30 June 2010 Wednesday, 1800hrs onwards
LOCATION: Somewhere between City Hall and Raffles Place MRTs, with water view. Exact location will be revealed in PM to those on list, approx a week before the outing.
THINGS TO BRING:
1) Camera + lens(es) if it's a DSLR. If not, any camera with manual control over shutter speed, aperture, etc.
2) Tripod. This is essential. If you don't want to bring, please don't waste a slot by putting your name down.
Things you may expect to shoot:
1) Interesting structures in Singapore
2) Reflections of lights on water
The format will be some "slightly more experienced" (not necessarily expert, or professional) photographers providing guidance to relative newcomers into photography.
The ratio of Seniors:Newbies will be about 1:4, up to the maximum as stated.
People attending this outing MUST fall into 1 of the above categories. Either you want to share, or you want to learn.
If you are competent, but not confident/willing to share your knowledge, may I kindly request that you only put your name down in the "independent shooters" category.
My definiton of 'newbie':
- started photography within the past couple of years.
- still feeling confused about setting up the camera for certain shots (eg. what is correct exposure; how to meter; what shooting mode to use, etc).
After shooting for about an hour +, we will break for dinner, where we will offer a chance for critique of selected shots. This will give people a chance for some immediate feedback into possible 'faults'.
=== stops at 12 newbies ===
Priority given to 1st-timer newbies. I reserve the right to move people out of the newbies list if I deem they are not really that new (i.e. attended a few previous outings. Should have learnt something). If independent list is full, then I'll just kick you out So be warned...
==== stops at 5 ====
=== stops at 6 reserves ===
THINGS TO DO IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND:
- Please only put your name down if you are quite sure you can make it.
Try not to put your name down then cancel at the last minute. It makes life difficult for me. I like my life to be easy
- Copy the name list, add your name in the appropriate section, and post. If you've not attended any outing before, please send me a PM with your mobile number.
- DON'T expand the reserve list beyond 6 people! It's futile.. I will just ignore you.