Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65

Thread: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

  1. #21
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    so now u are a convert?
    ha ha dont have to rub it in !!!
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eastern Part of Singapore
    Posts
    513

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    How does this yongnuo flashgun compare against nissin flashgun? Anyone with experience on this 2 brand of flashguns?
    Current: 550D + EFS 18-135mm IS + EF 50mm f1.8 II

  3. #23
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by galmen View Post
    How does this yongnuo flashgun compare against nissin flashgun? Anyone with experience on this 2 brand of flashguns?
    Yongnuo 460 is a manual flash while Nissin 466/622/866 has TTL...

  4. #24

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    For a first flash, issit good to get a manual one first? interested in getting this yongnuo.. what else do i need for off camera use? intend to use for aquarium photography..

    thanks!
    Alpha

  5. #25
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
    For a first flash, issit good to get a manual one first? interested in getting this yongnuo.. what else do i need for off camera use? intend to use for aquarium photography..

    thanks!
    Do you even know that when you shoot thru glass with flash the flash will bounce back?

  6. #26

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Do you even know that when you shoot thru glass with flash the flash will bounce back?
    yes of course i know. thats why i need to shoot off camera.. placing the flash on top of the aquarium and flash at the fish from the top.
    Alpha

  7. #27

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    for off-shoe flash, i always recommend manual flashes, unless you are using triggers that support ettl/ittl

  8. #28

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    for off-shoe flash, i always recommend manual flashes, unless you are using triggers that support ettl/ittl
    ah.. so the youngnuo would be good.. thanks..
    Alpha

  9. #29
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    1 YN460 II flash used at an armlength to the left with PT-04 trigger and receiver dialed down to 2 bar level

    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  10. #30

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    the yn460 II is good! i have one too!

  11. #31

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    I also want YongNuo Flash..But don't know YN465 and YN460II which one I need. 1st one have TTL..2nd have s1 and s2 ,light can support.... which one I need to buy~~~~

    Can you tell me yongnuo ebay store web ?I can't found...
    NIKON D5000 + 18-55~~

  12. #32

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by kilin009 View Post
    I also want YongNuo Flash..But don't know YN465 and YN460II which one I need. 1st one have TTL..2nd have s1 and s2 ,light can support.... which one I need to buy~~~~

    Can you tell me yongnuo ebay store web ?I can't found...
    i got mine from:
    http://stores.ebay.com/dslrbaby

    ETA ard 3 weeks.

    get the 465 if you need TTL else the 460 II is as fun to use too. S1 is the dumb optical slave mode which will trigger the flash when the sensor detect any flash(TTL pre-flash inclusive) from other sources. S2 is the smart optical slave whereby it will ignore the TTL pre-flash from the onboard camera flash/main flash and only trigger when the actual flash from your main source fires.

    i highly suggest you get the RF-602 radio trigger as well. it's a much better off camera flash trigger(when compared to optical slave) to work with.
    Last edited by tecnica; 16th October 2010 at 09:33 PM.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    i got mine from:
    http://stores.ebay.com/dslrbaby

    ETA ard 3 weeks.

    get the 465 if you need TTL else the 460 II is as fun to use too. S1 is the dumb optical slave mode which will trigger the flash when the sensor detect any flash(TTL pre-flash inclusive) from other sources. S2 is the smart optical slave whereby it will ignore the TTL pre-flash from the onboard camera flash/main flash and only trigger when the actual flash from your main source fires.

    i highly suggest you get the RF-602 radio trigger as well. it's a much better off camera flash trigger(when compared to optical slave) to work with.


    I agree...But .YN460II sensor have a problearm for day use...and sometime .you want fast to short.TTL is better..M sometime EV+1 or EV-1 so xian~~~
    NIKON D5000 + 18-55~~

  14. #34

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    The ebay I check already...why this shop is not powerseller?
    NIKON D5000 + 18-55~~

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eastern Part of Singapore
    Posts
    513

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Wanted to try flash photography and don't wanna spend too much on a flashgun, can anyone tell me if this yongnuo flashgun is good as a solo flash mounted on the camera? Or is it only good to be a slave to the main flashgun (maybe canon or nikon flashgun?) And whether as a main flash, is is better to get the TTL one or a full manual one?
    Current: 550D + EFS 18-135mm IS + EF 50mm f1.8 II

  16. #36

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by galmen View Post
    Wanted to try flash photography and don't wanna spend too much on a flashgun, can anyone tell me if this yongnuo flashgun is good as a solo flash mounted on the camera? Or is it only good to be a slave to the main flashgun (maybe canon or nikon flashgun?) And whether as a main flash, is is better to get the TTL one or a full manual one?
    in short:

    get TTL if you got the extra cash and you want almost fuss free shooting and for covering events.
    get manual if you are on budget, you have all the time in the world to adjust the flash settings to suit the environment.

    the 460II is very good as an off-camera flash but not so good as an on-camera flash as you need to adjust the flash power manually whenever there is a change in distance/aperture/ISO setting. for covering events, i suppose you dun have the luxury of time to do all the adjustments, so going the 430exII/580exII way is a more logical choice. but if you are like me, just a hobbyist who wants to explore into flash photography plus is on a shoe string budget, the 460II will suit you just fine. moreover, i feel that the whole learning experience of the manual flash unit will let you understand more about your camera as you have to know the settings very well in order to dial in the appropriate flash power. when i first started using my 460II, i couldnt get the settings right. but after using it for quite a while, i am able to gauge how my power i need based on the past experiences i had gathered so far. so to me, it felt really fun and i learnt to appreciate my DSLR better.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eastern Part of Singapore
    Posts
    513

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    in short:

    get TTL if you got the extra cash and you want almost fuss free shooting and for covering events.
    get manual if you are on budget, you have all the time in the world to adjust the flash settings to suit the environment.

    the 460II is very good as an off-camera flash but not so good as an on-camera flash as you need to adjust the flash power manually whenever there is a change in distance/aperture/ISO setting. for covering events, i suppose you dun have the luxury of time to do all the adjustments, so going the 430exII/580exII way is a more logical choice. but if you are like me, just a hobbyist who wants to explore into flash photography plus is on a shoe string budget, the 460II will suit you just fine. moreover, i feel that the whole learning experience of the manual flash unit will let you understand more about your camera as you have to know the settings very well in order to dial in the appropriate flash power. when i first started using my 460II, i couldnt get the settings right. but after using it for quite a while, i am able to gauge how my power i need based on the past experiences i had gathered so far. so to me, it felt really fun and i learnt to appreciate my DSLR better.
    Bro Tecnica, thanks for the explanation, so in that case a TTL flash would be a good choice for a on-camera flash and someone earlier mentioned that then yongnuo 465 is a TTL flash, so this model will suffix?
    Current: 550D + EFS 18-135mm IS + EF 50mm f1.8 II

  18. #38

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Quote Originally Posted by galmen View Post
    Bro Tecnica, thanks for the explanation, so in that case a TTL flash would be a good choice for a on-camera flash and someone earlier mentioned that then yongnuo 465 is a TTL flash, so this model will suffix?
    no problem bro.

    for on camera use, it's better to get a TTL version. the 465 is a very basic TTL flash with no zoom head and optical slave functions. i dont have a lot of knowledge abt it as i'm still exploring as well.

    you can read more abt it here:
    http://speedlights.net/2010/09/22/yo...-flash-review/

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eastern Part of Singapore
    Posts
    513

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    Thanks for the link, lotsa information on the 465 there
    Current: 550D + EFS 18-135mm IS + EF 50mm f1.8 II

  20. #40

    Default Re: Review - Flash - YongNuo YN-460

    I never believe in China made Flash especially cheap ones ,but this Yongnuo YN468c really impress me,really good run for money ,I did a hands-on-user video so you guys can see what it really feels like as a user.

    Last edited by deryiu; 20th October 2010 at 03:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •